R.I.P. Chris Lighty

When I first heard of this I immediately thought of Shakir Stewart, R.I.P

Skip all the self-centered ego stroking cause life is shorter than you believe. Enjoy the moment and keep your energy positive

man, same thing, i actually knew Shakir from when i first started getting "work". I probably wouldnt have the network i have now without Shake

RIP him as well

Depression is a bytch. My uncle went through it for a good two years after losing his job and house. He's fine now but he said the love for his son kept him going through those low times. I have an young son myself. I love him to death but I don't allow myself to fall head over heels for any female. I never want to let love for a woman engulf me to the point where I'm devastated and cant function if we split.

Last edited:
R.I.P. what exactly does rest in peace mean
and why do we say it??????

what is the rest
and
what is the peace
??????????????

does anyone know?????????????????????

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

This world is seriously messed up. A bunch of racist comments towards Chris.
Saying he is a coward for pushing the tax bill to his wife. People didn't even know dude.

I cannot understand the mind of racist people..its like a disease or something. just messed up.

hit the link

Hip-Hop Manager Chris Lighty Dead in Apparent Suicide | NBC New York

Well here is proof that racism is alive and well in 2012. People commenting about someone they don't even know but just because he is black they are spitting some real vile sh!t! Amerikkka showing what it's really about. SMH! I normally try to avoid the comment sections these days as there is a VERY angry section of WHITE Amerikkka that wants to take "their" country back.

I've said it before...young African-Americans stay of the paper (probation/ parole) because the day may come when you will need your gun rights. MF's are angry and if Barack Obama is re-elected they may go of the deep end. That stated get out and vote!

Disclaimer: I know not all white people are bigots but there are so many. Now they're getting bold. Using their facebook accounts. So they can be identified...and they don't care.

Last edited:
R.I.P. what exactly does rest in peace mean
and why do we say it??????

what is the rest
and
what is the peace
??????????????

does anyone know?????????????????????

-Coach Antonio

I always thought it meant may a person's soul rest in peace. We've heard about purgatory and how some people's soul may not got to heaven depending on how they died and the life they lived on Earth. I'm not religious and I dont necessarily share this belief but that's how I interpreted it.

I always thought it meant may a person's soul rest in peace. We've heard about purgatory and how some people's soul may not got to heaven depending on how they died and the life they lived on Earth. I'm not religious and I dont necessarily share this belief but that's how I interpreted it.
so do you say R.I.P.??????????????????
when a person dies
and I would stay away from religion that's what the Pharasees were in the bible all about religion
but Christ came to establish a lifestyle and whole mind state change

I don't understand how ppl can just go blindly saying R.I.P. and not believe in a soul or a God
doesn't make any sense
because if you don't believe in a heaven/hell and in God
then there is no where for the sould to go ..
you just live and you die nothing else

and other the racist comments it's not about America is about the sin nature of man
we just see it more now because of the information/media boom
this is why dictators like to control the flow of information and the media
the internet has bust open the flood gates
but N.Korea block the internet access somewhat
and I think Saudi Arabia and others

rather you believe in Christ or not
I see it rude to say R.I.P. if you don't really believe there anything to rest in peace

this is my opinion and as grown men and women you can have yours'

-Coach Antonio

come on fataltone, have some respect this isnt the thread to debate on the usage of a term or not. Fact of the matter is a good dude is no longer here on this earth anymore.

R.I.P -Music Industry is Satanic

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

mrchuckd:
R I P Chris Lighty SMH to the mongrels that have made the BLACKmusic industry a depressing game to drag such good cats into...

I just said this in another thread, Barret J told me to hang myself.
Hiphop is on its last leg

i told you to hang yourself cuz your a weirdo who uses 20 aliases

@fatal while i respect your views most of the time, i have to disagree that saying "rest in peace" is meant as a solely religious statement.
RIP only means Rest in peace. That has no religious meaning.
May their body rest in peace. Their minds tortured by this world.
Not like they are saying "May God rest your soul".

RIP Chris Lighty.

UPDATE:

Chris Lighty’s Ex-Wife Denies Fight That Allegedly Triggered His Suicide

“He was in a lot of pain and he possibly had some financial difficulties,” said Norman Downes, a friend who spoke on behalf of Veronica Lighty, who was too upset to speak Friday.

“But they didn’t get into a fight that day,” Downes insisted.
Lighty’s suicide came as he was preparing to move out of their W. 232nd St. home in South Riverdale. The couple was in the midst of a bitter divorce..

The mogul walked out of the house, saying, “I’m tired of this,” and walked to the back yard and shot himself in the head with a 9-mm. handgun, sources said. But Lighty’s wife, speaking through Downes, suggested that Lighty’s financial problems might have finally pushed the successful entrepreneur over the edge

Read more: Hip-hop mogul Chris Lighty death ruled a suicide: medical examiner. Friend of Lighty's wife says financial difficulties played role in his death - NY Daily News

Last edited:
@fatal while i respect your views most of the time, i have to disagree that saying "rest in peace" is meant as a solely religious statement.
RIP only means Rest in peace. That has no religious meaning.
May their body rest in peace. Their minds tortured by this world.
Not like they are saying "May God rest your soul".

RIP Chris Lighty.

how does a body rest in peace???
I rest in peace sitting on the couch,chilling with my family
I never post anything about religion
I post about a lifestyle serving christ
I hate religion

and tons of ppl die everyday
I guess we pick and choose who we say Rest in Peace to after they die
How about we say Rest in Peace while they are alive saying it after they die doesn't have any meaning and doesn't have any affect at all
especially since most say Rest in Peace and don't even know the person

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rted/studio-upgrade-what-do-you-think-415775/

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
What's your point?? Just say RIP to the man and stop pushing your agenda.

UPDATE:

I guess I ain't the only one. Who had was suspicions after all. Slow down son.

Music Manager’s Brother Suicide Doesn’t Add Up!

In an interview with Fox 5′s Lisa Evers Chris Lighty’s brother Dave Lighty says he’s surprised and shocked over his brother’s death because Chris was not the type of person to commit suicide. He talks about how strong a person his brother was and how they came from a strong family and says he’s not the only one who has doubts. He adds that he can’t get “clear answers from people I think I should be getting clear answers from.”

http://bossip.com/639276/what-really-happened-to-chris-lighty-music-managers-brother-says-suicide-doesnt-add-up/

Last edited:
UPDATE:

In an interview with Fox 5′s Lisa Evers Chris Lighty’s brother Dave Lighty says he’s surprised and shocked over his brother’s death because Chris was not the type of person to commit suicide. He talks about how strong a person his brother was and how they came from a strong family and says he’s not the only one who has doubts. He adds that he can’t get “clear answers from people I think I should be getting clear answers from.”

http://bossip.com/639276/what-really-happened-to-chris-lighty-music-managers-brother-says-suicide-doesnt-add-up/

A lot of family members say the one who committed suicide wasn't the type to commit suicide. Truth is, we never truly know just how much someone is hurting and what kind of personal demons they're fighting.

A lot of family members say the one who committed suicide wasn't the type to commit suicide. Truth is, we never truly know just how much someone is hurting and what kind of personal demons they're fighting.

yeah JMD
it's the War of the Minds
housewives and Pastors are the highest group of depressed ppl
it's crazy
when I wrestle mentally I listen to this song
I don't have mental illness or anything
but my struggle is deep
got a wife and kids and the bills keep coming
it's never ending

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rted/studio-upgrade-what-do-you-think-415775/

-Coach Antonio

Update:

Chris Lighty’s Wife Says They Weren’t Getting Divorced And He Wasn’t Facing Financial Problems

His death had nothing to do with money or marital troubles, claims Veronica Lighty. She states that the divorce she filed for had been retracted and they had made up - and that they weren't in any serious debt.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...p-big-suicide-article-1.1151164#ixzz25bRbA1vv

I told yall... this don't add up.

Last edited:
Back