R.I.P. Chris Lighty

wtf?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

SELF INFLICTED GUNSHOT WOUND?????

NOT AGAIN?!

Last edited:
R.I.P -Music Industry is Satanic

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

mrchuckd:
R I P Chris Lighty SMH to the mongrels that have made the BLACKmusic industry a depressing game to drag such good cats into...

I just said this in another thread, Barret J told me to hang myself.
Hiphop is on its last leg

Last edited:
Veteran Hip-Hop Manager Chris Lighty Passes Away | Vibe

This is a real blow to Hip Hop, dealt with dude on several occasions through the years and was always a professional.

I never had the pleasure to deal with Chris directly. When I was back and forth to NYC on a regular basis, U used to do some work with Mike, and a few artists he was associated with.

Apparently Chris was dealing with some deep depression lately...this is coming directly from his mother.

What's your ****in problem. Agenda?

It is important to know what the man was thinking his last days.

NIGGA **** YOU. --- SICK OF YOUR ***** ASS!

Anyways,

It really doesn't look like this was a suicide to me for some reason
I don't believe it. He is talking too positive just 2 days ago.

I am sure details are gonna come out.

Last edited:
What's your ****in problem.

It is imporant to know what the man was thinking his last days.

NIGGA **** YOU. --- SICK OF YOUR ***** ASS!

Anyways,

It really doesn't look like this was a suicide to me for some reason
I don't believe it. He is talking too positive just 2 days ago.

I am sure details are gonna come out.

I have the details. I talked to his mom's BFF earlier.

Suicide.

A man behind the scenes that truly deserved to be in front for the work he did...RIP

I never had the pleasure to deal with Chris directly. When I was back and forth to NYC on a regular basis, U used to do some work with Mike, and a few artists he was associated with.

Apparently Chris was dealing with some deep depression lately...this is coming directly from his mother.

Funny, it was the reverse for me because I never dealt directly with his brother but used to see him up at Jive a few years back on a regular basis.

And while we can only speculate what was going on his life, MENTAL ILLNESS is very real and shouldn't be taken as a joke. For example people who are diagnosed as bi-polar run a 40% chance of committing suicide according to recent medical studies

And while we can only speculate what was going on his life, MENTAL ILLNESS is very real and shouldn't be taken as a joke. For example people who are diagnosed as bi-polar run a 40% chance of committing suicide according to recent medical studies

Yeah...what I'm hearing from the family side is that he was clinically depressed.

I'm probably saying too much, so I'm gonna stop relaying info now.

his mother's name is jessica.

His sister's name is nicole.

His estranged wife is named veronica.

and... Get your frontin' ass outta here
***** ass nigga.

Can't stand ***** ass niggas like you.
You are a hoe to the 5th degree

ENOUGH,

Put the thread back on topic. R.I.P.

Last edited:
Yeah...what I'm hearing from the family side is that he was clinically depressed.

I'm probably saying too much, so I'm gonna stop relaying info now.

Thanks for the info, I'm talking to people via text right now that is giving me similar info so its cool

and... Get your frontin as out here
***** ass nigga.

Can't stand ***** ass niggas like you. You are hoe to 5th degree

ENOUGH,

put the thread back on topic. R.IP.

Okay dude. Whatever you say.

RIP Chris. You were a good dude, and you'll be missed, by friends, family and colleagues alike.

Definitely one of the top 5 ALL-TIME managers in the entire history of hip hop, going back to the days of holding KRS-One/BDP down in the streets (where the term VIOLATOR was earned) to putting the Jungle Bros on the map to being one of the behind the scene forces of the Native Tongues. And that's all before getting into the Violator Management resume he built up with Jill Scott.

PEACEFUL THOUGHTS

Back