quick MPC 2500 question

5k's are known to be super problematic machines.

if you want good advice on mpcs then you needa be asking these questions at www.mpc-forums.com

personally if i could pick any mpc for its workflow id go with the 2500 with jjos xl. if you wana cop a mpc based on its sound then it is said (dont quote me on it check mpc-forums if you disagree!) you should get.......a mpc inbetween the 60- 2000xl series or a 3k.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

ive contemplated cop'n a mv 88 for a while now. If i ever see one on craigslist for the right price ima see what they all about

so why is the userbase massively smaller than the mp user base? something has got to give.
That's cause mpc's are older machines, they've been around since 88 I believe. The mv came out in 04. Coming from an mpc 1000 and having access to a 4000 every other day, I could tell you that any mpc is no competition to an mv. Just look it up, read reviews, ask questions. In the end it will be user preference, but don't let a large fan base discourage you over another alternative.

Own a 4000 now and used to own two 8000's before but I personally enjoy the 4000 a lot better ...the mv is nice but falls short to the 4k the mpc 4000 has a better build and screen as well as features and I prefer the mpc classic sequencers compared to the linear mv seq and dim green screen ...I have 120gb hd and my mv only had 40 gb hd ...both have 512mb of ram ..

I agree the mv8000 blows all mpc out the water but the 4000 tops it ...but I never owned a 8800 so can't compare the two

Own a 4000 now and used to own two 8000's before but I personally enjoy the 4000 a lot better ...the mv is nice but falls short to the 4k the mpc 4000 has a better build and screen as well as features and I prefer the mpc classic sequencers compared to the linear mv seq and dim green screen ...I have 120gb hd and my mv only had 40 gb hd ...both have 512mb of ram ..

I agree the mv8000 blows all mpc out the water but the 4000 tops it ...but I never owned a 8800 so can't compare the two
I mean it's all preference. The mv can do anything the 4000 can, and then some. The 4000 tops the mv when it comes to it's routing matrix, and the mv tops the 4000 being that it's a complete package. Other then that, they're in two different lanes and hold they're own.

lol shh on the mv. simply i want to know this....if there were no bug issues on the mpc 5000, is there anything about it that is not as good as the 2500? for example, do things load slower, are the pads any different? etc

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

i mean i guess i'll ask this at the mpc forums but i just wanted to get it poppin here where i like it lol

lol shh on the mv. simply i want to know this....if there were no bug issues on the mpc 5000, is there anything about it that is not as good as the 2500? for example, do things load slower, are the pads any different? etc

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

i mean i guess i'll ask this at the mpc forums but i just wanted to get it poppin here where i like it lol

the 5000 is very unstable a lot of users have complained it crashes a lot. some have reported smoke comming from the machine and if you look at the MPC forums in the 5000 section you will notice there is more complaints and issues than actual praise.

Definitely not the way to go if you wont to make your work flow better. cause it will be in the repair shop more often then not.

the 5000 is very unstable a lot of users have complained it crashes a lot. some have reported smoke comming from the machine and if you look at the MPC forums in the 5000 section you will notice there is more complaints and issues than actual praise.

Definitely not the way to go if you wont to make your work flow better. cause it will be in the repair shop more often then not.

The is one million percent false.
Only reason the MPC5000 EVER got a bad rap is for issued it had on its old os.
If your using os 2.0 and you don`t have the fastest workflow of any mpc ever made them you don`t know the MPC5000.

Akai messed up when they released the Mpc5000 with a bad os,but I think have more then made up for it wit os 2.o

Geez man everyone has a different opinion on whether it is unstable or not.

That is my first question.

Secondly, are the pads any diff than the other models?

Finally, does it run as fast as the 2500? Like loading samples, switching modes, etc, does it move as fast?

---------- Post added 12-20-2010 at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-17-2010 at 04:44 PM ----------

Bump...

Geez man everyone has a different opinion on whether it is unstable or not.

That is my first question.

Secondly, are the pads any diff than the other models?

Finally, does it run as fast as the 2500? Like loading samples, switching modes, etc, does it move as fast?

---------- Post added 12-20-2010 at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-17-2010 at 04:44 PM ----------

Bump...

as far as how fast it runs yes same as 2500 loading samples and all. pads are the same as the 2500 no none issues that I am aware of.

Back