quick MPC 2500 question

II Option

I'm thinking of asking for an mpc 2500 for christmas. i've been making beats for a while now but i wanna incorporate some hardware.

i really love the 'sound' that mpc's have....i know its about making it hot not about the equipment, but mad cats say MPCs have a unique sound.

I hear that a lot about the mpc 1000, and was wondering if it just has to do with 12 bit resampling and if i can get this sound ont he 2500. someone said you can resample to 12 bit on the mpc 1k and i was wondering if you can do this on the mpc 2500???

i want to cop it bc i plan on having it forever and w the 2500 i don't think it will ever get out of date, but i don't wanna get it if it doesn't have that sound that is characteristic of MPCs..

on the 2500 you get what you put in it doesn't color the sound at all. If your looking for that unique MPC sound and feel those only exist in the MPC 60, and the MPC3000 designed by Roger Linn. the MPC60 is 12-bit sample rate the 3000 is 16 bit however a lot of cats feel that it still has a unique sound since it was designed by Roger Linn.

Having said that I still feel that the 2500 is not a bad investment at all. Just want you to be aware its 16-bit not 12 so as for sound its like a computer you get what you put in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Linn

can you resample/downsize it to 12 bit on the mpc2500?

thx for the feed.

also...are you saying the mpc1k doesn't have a unique sound? maybe not unique but lots of cats say it is conducive (helpful) to your drums banging w/o much work done on them

Get am mv-8800. They go for the same price as a used mpc 2500 and could do much more. The mv is known for coloring sound it has the same sample engine as the s-series samplers, and you could re-sample all the way down to 1 bit.

can you resample/downsize it to 12 bit on the mpc2500?

thx for the feed.

also...are you saying the mpc1k doesn't have a unique sound? maybe not unique but lots of cats say it is conducive (helpful) to your drums banging w/o much work done on them

Yes you can re sample on the 2500 to 12 bit however this doesn't really give you the sound of those older 12 bit models. I have the 1000 and I really don't like the effect of re sampling to 12 bit its more distorted sounding to me not natural. the 1000 and the 2500 are very similar as a matter of fact with the JJ os on the 1000 its really a 2500 with smaller pads. to an extent yes you are correct it is conducive (helpful) to your drums banging w/o much work done on them. as long as you eq and tweek prior to sampling you will get the sound you put in it. It wont add any color to the sound.

the 2500 is built much better then the 1000 so I would suggest you go for that. the pads are bigger and better. there is an issue with the 1000 pads so if you do go for a 1000 make sure you get one that had the pad sensor upgrade. the 2500 is overall a better build.

Yes you can re sample on the 2500 to 12 bit however this doesn't really give you the sound of those older 12 bit models. I have the 1000 and I really don't like the effect of re sampling to 12 bit its more distorted sounding to me not natural. the 1000 and the 2500 are very similar as a matter of fact with the JJ os on the 1000 its really a 2500 with smaller pads. to an extent yes you are correct it is conducive (helpful) to your drums banging w/o much work done on them. as long as you eq and tweek prior to sampling you will get the sound you put in it. It wont add any color to the sound.

the 2500 is built much better then the 1000 so I would suggest you go for that. the pads are bigger and better. there is an issue with the 1000 pads so if you do go for a 1000 make sure you get one that had the pad sensor upgrade. the 2500 is overall a better build.

thx man..appreciate it. i really want the ease of use, along with that which is conducive to your drums banging..

most importantly i love what the mpc is about..it has such a legacy in the beatmaking world that i want to be a part of it

about hte mv.....how is it compared to the mpc? how is the user community, ease of use....does it have that aspect that makes your drums bang lol
it looks ill but also looks like too much

thx man..appreciate it. i really want the ease of use, along with that which is conducive to your drums banging..

most importantly i love what the mpc is about..it has such a legacy in the beatmaking world that i want to be a part of it

about hte mv.....how is it compared to the mpc? how is the user community, ease of use....does it have that aspect that makes your drums bang lol
it looks ill but also looks like too much

I never used the MV except for maybe messing around at guitar center a little. So I cant really give you much info on it. I don't think there is nearly as many users on the MV as on MPC's

You could get banging drums in any piece of gear you own, it's all about eqing, compression, layering, and of course the samples you put in it.

Check out mvnation.com. The mv is a complete workstation so it cannot be compared to an mpc, don't let the pads fool you. Mpc's are simpler by design because they only sample and sequence, the mv does that, and a lot more, so initially it'll have a deeper learning curve.

You could get banging drums in any piece of gear you own, it's all about eqing, compression, layering, and of course the samples you put in it.

Check out mvnation.com. The mv is a complete workstation so it cannot be compared to an mpc, don't let the pads fool you. Mpc's are simpler by design because they only sample and sequence, the mv does that, and a lot more, so initially it'll have a deeper learning curve.

Very true statement there.

i want to cop it bc i plan on having it forever and w the 2500 i don't think it will ever get out of date, but i don't wanna get it if it doesn't have that sound that is characteristic of MPCs..

Only the Mpc60 will color your sound.
When people talk about the MPC sound they are talking about the feel and swing of the timing correction on the MPC`s

I don't agree with u there and the 4000 has a amazing piano roll in its seq that can add a lot of features to the table imo a lot of people can't afford one so thy look past it

i own the 1k and it does everything i need it to do. i suppose having a few more outputs and some more sensitive pads would be nice ( as in the 2500) but ive never felt like the 1k was limited or held me back from making good music.

reguardless of which one you get make sure you cop the jj os

i own the 1k and it does everything i need it to do. i suppose having a few more outputs and some more sensitive pads would be nice ( as in the 2500) but ive never felt like the 1k was limited or held me back from making good music.

reguardless of which one you get make sure you cop the jj os

Oh yea the JJ os is must have.

word i will be sure to check jj os out. lol damn can't believe i'm gonna be back to the beginning of another learning curve.....oh well

---------- Post added 12-14-2010 at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-13-2010 at 09:31 PM ----------

where do i get the jj os? the one site seems MAD unofficial...where did you guys dl it??

If your buying an mp for it's sound your wasting someones gift money.
Been there done that, and it sounds VERY close to a $99 sound card.

Not that it's bad, but mpc's reproduce sounds nicely with little to no coloring of sound.

i mean i'm buying it for the workflow mainly....i'm tired of sitting at my computer!!!!

my mom ordered a 5k by accident lol unreal!! now i'm looking around for a 2500 and they're really hard to find (clean)...i'm reading all of these reviews on both and its so hard to decide if i should just keep the 5k..they're basically the same price these days apparently..

i mean i'm buying it for the workflow mainly....i'm tired of sitting at my computer!!!!

my mom ordered a 5k by accident lol unreal!! now i'm looking around for a 2500 and they're really hard to find (clean)...i'm reading all of these reviews on both and its so hard to decide if i should just keep the 5k..they're basically the same price these days apparently..
I'm telling you, for the price, you can't beat an mv in any circumstance.

Back