MPC 2000xl over fl studio?

d-rock07

is the mpc more fun to work with than a computer and fl studio? is it more inspiring to work with? lately i been having trouble wanting to sit in front of a computer to make beats so looking to see if hardware would re-spark some passion and inspiration

just get a mpd i have a mpd and i have a mpc 4000 and i get the same satisfaction but they are going to sound different but the satisfaction when it all boil down

^^^Cosign. MPD or Trigger Finger, You Can set Limitless Presets In The FPC, the inspiration doesnt come from what u got, it comes from what u create.

get a mpk! lol.

naw but seriously co sign. i have a mpc and fl stu and a mpd.

same satisfaction either way different routes to the finish line.

i'd also say pick up a cheap pad controller off ebay to see if that does it for you.....

from a mostly hardware sometimes software user.....it's the simplicity of hands-on sequencing that makes the mpc fun to use...

i'd also say pick up a cheap pad controller off ebay to see if that does it for you.....

from a mostly hardware sometimes software user.....it's the simplicity of hands-on sequencing that makes the mpc fun to use...

"cheap pad controller"= mpd or trigger finger. lol

i do have me a mpd but its just the whole messing with the mouse thing and looking at a computer screen that seems to be the problem. (work on a computer all day)

i do have me a mpd but its just the whole messing with the mouse thing and looking at a computer screen that seems to be the problem. (work on a computer all day)

yep pick up a 2000xl for ~$250-300 on ebay and see how you feel. if you wanna back out later you can resell it for a $50 loss.

i am getting my 2000xl in two days, im really fired up over this, ive never owned an mpc in my life...i also use fl, n i feel ya, looking at a computer screen is annoying n i have an mpd 18 (u still sit there with the mouse in hand n click away to chop n what not, u only spend like 5 minutes if that actually bangin on the pads).

quick question for those xl users...my xl has a built in zip drive, now im going to have to buy a zip drive for my computer so that i can load my drums (wav files) onto the zip cards n then load the sounds into my mpc right? n i can save my songs/projects from the mpc to the zip cards right?

i just need this thing to plug into my computer to load sounds onto it to then be loaded into my mpc currect? http://cgi.ebay.com/IOMEGA-ZIP-100-...C_Drives_Storage_Internal&hash=item4aa4466849

my mpc only takes 100mb

Last edited:
Well if you think looking at a wide computer screen is annoying i dont know how you are going to tolerate a small LED screen. And a mpc is not a "Magic" sample chopper, it's just as tedious, don't let the youtube videos fool you, they edit those parts out. And if you never owned a mpc, i hope you know how to read instructions cause you will be doing that for a few days. an mpc is a great sequencer, that's it...it will not make you a better beat maker. it's not wha u have, it's how you use it.

PS: If You Load Your FPC With Different Drums And Save Them Under Titled Presets, With A midi controller (minus tempo tap) you have your MPC right there. But If an Mpc makes you feel "more like a producer" and you got a couple G's to Spend. Knock yourself out.

^^^ way to be positive man, i never said im gonna stop using fl, ive always wanted an mpc so i got one. i never said its a "magic" sampler that will make me better at beat making, actually not once did i say anything like that or even close to that. I know its the person not the machine!!! n i dont expect to be better because of it, n i am ready to read instructions cuz i wanna know how to use it...so once again thanx for being positive man, i really appreciate your kindness...

Im not tryin to be negative, im just giving you the truth, which needs to be stated so for when you get this machine you are not frustrated with it when at first it's not doing what you want it to do, or you dont know exactly how to achieve it. Me personally, i would want to know what stumbling blocks are set ahead so im not deterred, you already know the great things about it which is why you are buying it, but nothing is perfect, so wouldn't you wanna know the pro's AND cons?

Im not here to sugar coat shyt. when i ask i honest question, i expect an honest answer. Feel Me? Im Not Being Negative.

Im not tryin to be negative, im just giving you the truth, which needs to be stated so for when you get this machine you are not frustrated with it when at first it's not doing what you want it to do, or you dont know exactly how to achieve it. Me personally, i would want to know what stumbling blocks are set ahead so im not deterred, you already know the great things about it which is why you are buying it, but nothing is perfect, so wouldn't you wanna know the pro's AND cons?

Im not here to sugar coat shyt. when i ask i honest question, i expect an honest answer. Feel Me? Im Not Being Negative.

yeah i no what ur sayin i 100 percent understand where ur coming from n i appreciate ur honesty but i do know that theres learning curves for everything n im not going into this thinking ill be pete rock after an hour of using the machine. i simply wanna switch to an mpc setup, which doesnt mean anything negative about fl, i like fl and will continue to use it but i like experimenting with different things. i realize ill prolly get heated a few times when i cant achieve a certain sound i wanna achieve or have trouble sequencing something, etc, but i dont plan on getting good over night...

im just sick of ppl coming on threads about mpc's n sayin the same thing "its the person not the machine", "u can achieve a lot more in your daw"... everyone knows "its the person not the machine" n if u dont then u simply should not be making music, point, blank, PERIOD...point being ppl dont need to explain themselves n have to defend themselves because they wanna try the most praised piece of hip hop equipment of all time (maybe behind the sp1200 and the technics1200)...

that being said i do appreciate u tellin it like it is...

Its not black and white with this issue, tons of grey area. Some people use computers all day for personal and professional business and do not want to sit in front of a computer to have fun making music. The newness of using a standalone drum machine will be inspiring and motivating in the beginning but there is no way to tell if in the long term your familiarity with software will spoil your desire to put in the extra work necessary to consistently use an MPC to make your tracks. Its inspiring to work in different ways, so never discount that.

Maybe instead of investing in an old drum machine you can give yourself a chance to get more hands on with you production, buy a mic+ a real Hi Hat, and some percussion and incorporate that into your work flow. The more live instrumentation you can work with, the less mousing you will have to do during your initial creative process because it will just be about recording. This leaves the computer for editing and precision related tasks, which the computer does very well.

Just a suggestion, I know the MPC looks cool and all but there are other ways to inspire your production, most likely if you get an MPC you are just going to try to learn how to do the same things you are already doing now, but just with the MPC....which is a disaster waiting to happen. Inspiration should also facilitate growth

Its not black and white with this issue, tons of grey area. Some people use computers all day for personal and professional business and do not want to sit in front of a computer to have fun making music. The newness of using a standalone drum machine will be inspiring and motivating in the beginning but there is no way to tell if in the long term your familiarity with software will spoil your desire to put in the extra work necessary to consistently use an MPC to make your tracks. Its inspiring to work in different ways, so never discount that.

Maybe instead of investing in an old drum machine you can give yourself a chance to get more hands on with you production, buy a mic+ a real Hi Hat, and some percussion and incorporate that into your work flow. The more live instrumentation you can work with, the less mousing you will have to do during your initial creative process because it will just be about recording. This leaves the computer for editing and precision related tasks, which the computer does very well.

Just a suggestion, I know the MPC looks cool and all but there are other ways to inspire your production, most likely if you get an MPC you are just going to try to learn how to do the same things you are already doing now, but just with the MPC....which is a disaster waiting to happen. Inspiration should also facilitate growth

well put...I actually do own a drum set (it's a pearl). I often sample my own hats and cymbals (i have never sampled a snare or kick tho)...

I am still looking forward to getting my mpxl, I'm real excited about it.

Back