Miley Cyrus - Bangerz

Not artists. Hip Hop's sub genre's

Well you7 said artists but whatever.

The term is sub genres. That itself implies it is not truly authentic. And I wouldnt even say Boom Bap or West Coast is a sub genre. You getting confused my man.

And Im sorry, I aint being rude here but I have exhausted enough time speaking to someone who counts Miley Cyrus as RnB and Trinidad James as authentic Hip-Hop. Im really sorry. I must now ignore you, Im getting bored and this argument is tedious to say the least.

Well you7 said artists but whatever.

The term is sub genres. That itself implies it is not truly authentic. And I wouldnt even say Boom Bap or West Coast is a sub genre. You getting confused my man.

And Im sorry, I aint being rude here but I have exhausted enough time speaking to someone who counts Miley Cyrus as RnB and Trinidad James as authentic Hip-Hop. Im really sorry. I must now ignore you, Im getting bored and this argument is tedious to say the least.

okay. It's obvious you either misread or lack basic reading comp skills. Face it Boom Bap and old school West Coast are sub genre's. Unless you believe hip hop magically popped up at the beginning of the 90's. Boom Bap, Old School West Coast, Snap, Crunk, Bounce, Trap, EDM influenced, juke etc. ALL are different sub genre's of hip hop. That's the reason why their is such a large variety of hip hop and not all sounds alike.

okay. It's obvious you either misread or lack basic reading comp skills. Face it Boom Bap and old school West Coast are sub genre's. Unless you believe hip hop magically popped up at the beginning of the 90's. Boom Bap, Old School West Coast, Snap, Crunk, Bounce, Trap, EDM influenced, juke etc. ALL are different sub genre's of hip hop. That's the reason why their is such a large variety of hip hop and not all sounds alike.

Your embarrassing yourself too much now.

A sub genre is say, Trip Hop...or glitch hop. Boom Bap is a style of Hip-Hop...a certain sound...neck snapping drums, chopped up samples.

The West Coast sound is normally something you associate with the G-Funk era...tha bass heavy sounds etc but their are a lot of West Coast artists that have a more East Coast sound (Defari, Dilated etc).

You are way out of your depth my man. Just give it up. Please.

Your embarrassing yourself too much now.

A sub genre is say, Trip Hop...or glitch hop. Boom Bap is a style of Hip-Hop...a certain sound...neck snapping drums, chopped up samples.

The West Coast sound is normally something you associate with the G-Funk era...tha bass heavy sounds etc but their are a lot of West Coast artists that have a more East Coast sound (Defari, Dilated etc).

You are way out of your depth my man. Just give it up. Please.

Lol. Dude you do know Genre and style are pretty much synonyms and when used with dealing with Music are usually used intechangibly? Honestly though You're making this too easy.

Lol. Dude you do know Genre and style are pretty much synonyms and when used with dealing with Music are usually used intechangibly? Honestly though You're making this too easy.

Oh get real LOL.

Genre of music is: Rock, House, Hip-Hop, Metal, Indie etc
Style of music within that genre is: Punk Rock, Boom Bap, Alternative metal, Indi Rock etc etc

Now is anyone else gonna chyme in and tell this clown to let it go, I'm getting bored.

Oh get real LOL.

Style of music within that genre is: Punk Rock, Boom Bap, Alternative metal, Indi Rock etc etc

Now is anyone else gonna chyme in and tell this clown to let it go, I'm getting bored.

I'm sorry but dude. You're really looking very stupid, I do hope you do realize what the word synonym means. Sub Genre and style are synonyms when it comes to music. I'll even point out your example. You listed Rock as a genre and Punk as a style. Punk falls into the genre of rock, but is unique and has it's own qualities that separates it from other styles of rock music. Thus the term sub genre.

You are a moron. Fair play. Rock and Punk are two different genres. But you also get Punk rock which is a merging of the two. A different style. You haven't been clue have you. HahaHaha. I'm actually arguing with a moron about genre and style in 2013. Learn some shit, listen to some ****in decent music, stop listening to garbage like Trinidad James you complete and utter embarrassment.

First off...I am in a debate...like it or not.

Second: You the spelling police?...GTFOH.

You gonna question my Hip-Hop credentials when you make pure wack as f*** trap garbage. Again, GTFOH.

And being from the UK means I have no idea what Hip-Hop is?...well that just shows what a narrow minded buffoon you are.

Once again, your beats are wack as f***. hahahaha. That track TRASSH...LMAO. Perfect name. Weeeeak as hell.

Oooooh, Mr. Wonderful productions...I can't contain my laughter here.

Before you bring geography and my credentials making beats into question, make sure what you make is hitting. Its not bro. Seriously.

I'll shoot a mother****er from the UK hand me the burner. I don't give a **** make that nigger strand up like he's Nat Turner.

Why would anyone bother with this trash? Seriously, why?

You aren't listening to anything better I'm sure bud.

I have an eclectic music selection unlike your pea brain having ass.

Did you not bother reading the rest of my post, you illiterate ass.

Last edited:
Oh get real LOL.

dude you really are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. either that or the language barrier is showing up. Your using the word style to define what a sub genre is. Maybe they use that word instead overseas. who knows.

You aren't listening to anything better I'm sure bud.

I have an eclectic music selection unlike your pea brain having ass.

Did you not bother reading the rest of my post, you illiterate ass.

Thank you for your thoughtful post, it contributed a great deal to the discussion. Since you don't know me or know anything about me it's interesting to see that you know my listening habits. As to being an "illiterate ass" this is so typical of someone who can't defend or answer a question so they proceed to attack the messenger. You of course didn't answer the question at all but you did manage to get "ass" in your short post 2 times.. As to having an eclectic music selection scrapping the bottom of the barrel doesn't really help your limited education. You should strive to seek out better sources.

Last edited:
Thank you for your thoughtful post, it contributed a great deal to the discussion. Since you don't know me or know anything about me it's interesting to see that you know my listening habits. As to being an "illiterate ass" this is so typical of someone who can't defend or answer a question so they proceed to attack the messenger. You of course didn't answer the question at all but you did manage to get "ass" in your short post 2 times.. As to having an eclectic music selection scrapping the bottom of the barrel doesn't really help your limited education. You should strive to seek out better sources.

Please tell me how this contributed...

Why would anyone bother with this trash? Seriously, why?​

Faggot.

dude you really are not the sharpest knife in the drawer. either that or the language barrier is showing up. Your using the word style to define what a sub genre is. Maybe they use that word instead overseas. who knows.

Boom bap IS NOT a sub genre of Hip-Hop, its a certain style...the sound...same with G-Funk, it IS NOT a sub genre. You finally getting it in your head now??

Please tell me how this contributed...
Why would anyone bother with this trash? Seriously, why?​
Faggot.
And now we see your true bigoted self, big surprise. You really have some kind of problem kid and need to get some serious help punk. Go back to listening to that quality music that you enjoy. After your recent posts I can understand why you like it as it seems to be right on your intellectual level. Miley Cyrus attempting to do hip hop. LOL Good luck, you need it.

Boom bap IS NOT a sub genre of Hip-Hop, its a certain style...the sound...same with G-Funk, it IS NOT a sub genre. You finally getting it in your head now??

I really think this is some cultural differences because you are legit using style in the same way that the word sub genre is used over here. And for the most part Boom Bap and G-Funk are sub genre's of hip hop. AKA a further division of the genre of Hip Hop.

And now we see your true bigoted self, big surprise. You really have some kind of problem kid and need to get some serious help punk. Go back to listening to that quality music that you enjoy. After your recent posts I can understand why you like it as it seems to be right on your intellectual level. Miley Cyrus attempting to do hip hop. LOL Good luck, you need it.

What are you listening to check my signature, it's on a level you could never reach.
My mind is 50 years ahead of yours, get with the program.

I really think this is some cultural differences because you are legit using style in the same way that the word sub genre is used over here. And for the most part Boom Bap and G-Funk are sub genre's of hip hop. AKA a further division of the genre of Hip Hop.

Wrong. Your just wrong. A sub genre of Hip Hop is Trip Hop. G-Funk is NOT a sub genre. Anyone who knows music knows this. You lost. Give up the fight cause your embarrassing yourself now.

Back