J.Troup's opinion on BlazeTrak...

34ss8ow.jpg

yo are u the santana from 360waves forum???

i stopped 360 forum and moved here to fp becuz niggas here more mature and i learn more here. lol

not to bring up old threads...but i just saw on Twitter that J.U.S.T.I.C.E League have cosigned Blaztrak and are "pros" there...

opinions?

i don't think BT would "hurt"...right?

i still think it's somewhat of a step in the right direction...i mean, so many of us talk about INVESTING in our art / craft, but when an opportunity presents itself to do just that, people start actin' funny.

i look at BITING just like TRACING...

most of us back in the day that were interested in comic books TRACED our chosen images from those comic books...mainly to learn shading techniques and other "tricks of the trade" on how to RE-PRODUCE comic book characters...never able to PERFECTLY / COMPLETELY reproduce the character, but just enough to satisfy US w/ the results.

NOWADAYS, w/ music, you got cats that "TRACE" your beats...BUT instead of using TRACING PAPER, a pencil & pen, they use your HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, and every other idea they can to capitalize in any way shape or form from the next man's INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.

they seek to know what's in your studio...they visit your web-pages...they ask around, inquiring as to what so-and-so uses in his studio...ALL THIS in the name of being "INSPIRED"...

see, nowadays, INFLUENCES / sources of INSPIRATION is code-word for who you BITE from...BECAUSE, producers that say so-and-so "inspired" them are usually the ones BITING from him and trying to eat the crumbs off of his plate.

and then on top of that, you got a lot of producers that are out there taking the phrase "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" to the NEXT FUKCING LEVEL.

/rant

$.02

This was me at 14. Well put bro. . .I was offended, e-reality slapped, and motivated at the same time. . .

:cheers:

You should never have to pay out of your pocket to go to LA to submit music. If your music is good enough the record company or whoever will pay for all of your expenses to come to LA...and if not then dont even bother bc you do not want to be messing with any broke labels. I know this bc I am going to LA for a single that I produced and the label is paying for the flight, transportation, etc...

You should never have to pay out of your pocket to go to LA to submit music. If your music is good enough the record company or whoever will pay for all of your expenses to come to LA...and if not then dont even bother bc you do not want to be messing with any broke labels. I know this bc I am going to LA for a single that I produced and the label is paying for the flight, transportation, etc...

I think what ol' dude meant was that he flew out to LA to MAKE the connections to get placements. Its one thing to submit music, its another to have whoever to say they like what your bringin to your table and THEN decide to fly you out to LA, Atlanta or New York because they wanna get down with you. Before you can worry about if a label has the money to fly you out or not, the label has to know you, no offense

The first few pages of this thread were very informative, Thanks Troup and every1 else who contributed.

I didn't read the ten pages of arguments on this post. That said, the original thread starter makes a great point. I just found blazetraks a couple of days ago. It would only take me 2-3 months to have enough money to buy 150 credits with which I could then submit to almost everyone worth it on the site. I think it's great.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually submitted stuff to Blazetrack. The first couple times I did, I never heard back. One time it said I had a gotten a response but I really didn't. That place is just another scam.

Back