IK Multimedia T-RackS 3 Deluxe vs.

To each their own. I could say the same about music made by different producers, but to someone else with an experienced ear they may have a different opinion. You know, like Jay-Z and Kanye West's Engineers, Lana Del Rey's engineers, Ken Lewis, Chris Carter and countless other professionals. But like I said, to each their own.

Alright, Imma let you finish, but first let me just say this - SampleTank is specifically designed to be a ROMpler replacement. Kontakt is a sampler, and as such, is only as good as the sample libraries you invest in (which can be very expensive). The two serve two totally different purposes.

The thing that is nice about SampleTank is you install it, point it to your sounds, and forget it. Everything is just there when you need it. Samplers seem to always have you searching for your sounds, loading them, replacing them, etc.

You can get a choir for Kontakt that is bigger than the entire SampleTank library. That's cool if you want a really hyper-real choir that sounds like you had the tabernacle in your home studio. Not so cool if you want a ton of great sounds with a small footprint and small price tag and fast loading that can hold it's own against a KORG Triton or the like. And that choir alone will cost you more than the entire Total Workstation 2 bundle, not even counting the software. So comparing SampleTank to Kontakt doesn't really fit price-wise.

Virtual instruments are what Native Instruments specializes in. It's even in their name. But analogue hardware modeling, particularly amplifiers, is what we specialize in. And there is no contest there. When the top brands and players want to get in the ampsim game, they come to us, and no one else. There are already plenty of examples like officially certified Ampeg, Orange, Fender, and Authentic Hendrix. And there is more to come. You will know what I'm talking about here very soon. We have a lot going down on the modeling side of things, and this is a very good time to be on board with IK, if you're a real gearhead especially.

Last edited:
We used Amplitube 3, Metal and Fender for my album when it came to amp modeling software. I remember the drums for one track just didn't fit the mood of the song after the guitars and bass had been layed. So I went through and used some settings in Metal and everything came out great.

And no I'm not an employee of IK multimedia or affiliated with them in any way.

Which amp models did you use?

Metal Lead T and Metal Lead V from AmpliTubeMetal. (We used these for guitars)
Super-sonic, 59 bassman, Bassman 300 and MH-500 METALHEAD from AmpliTubeFender. (We used these for guitars, drums and bass)

I can't remember what was used from AmpliTube3 so I'll have to check because it's not installed on the computer the other two are installed on.

I have 13 songs on the album. I'm not going to count the material that was cut that used IK amp modeling plugs but from the 13 it is broken down like this (strictly guitars):

4 songs strictly used the plugs, no real amps.
2 songs were a combination of amp modeling plugs and real amps.
7 songs used real amps.

Last edited:
Back