How long does it usually take you to make a beat?

prolly like 4 or 5 hours for real for real
two if im llucky and i think thats pretty good
i hate to see these ppl postin up tracks or videos of them producing in 30 minutes or whatever. that to me = not really that involved.

Ive been working on the same beat for months now and I have NO finished product in mind so its just my little prototype project. I just add rearrange and make it longer and better anytime I have freetime. Its abstract so I dont really have anything in mind for it other than joy of making it.

when i make a beats its usually been awhile so im like hungry to make something new and thats my problem im always starting beats but rarely go back and finish them, thats my new focus for this year, instead of starting a million more tracks im going to try and finish them, then go back and write to them, until i have a project done.

making beats 30 minutes on ideas...
weeks on getting the sounds right...
a couple months on engineering....
years on mastering my technquies

FIRE

wow, 3 years later and I haven't improved my pace at all lol.....though I can't say I made a concerted effort to do so

I love it when ppl dig stuff like this up:victory:.Actually i made a beat in one day today. Really took around 5 hours.

I use to just pump them out but recently I've been spending like 30 seconds recording each part and like 2-3 hour modifying them and days to get levels and frequencies right. I'll get better as I go and listen to more variety of artists.

Could take a couple minutes, a couple hours, a couple days or a couple weeks for a beat to come together for me. It all depends on the beat and my know how. I got beats in my head that I still don't have the skill and capabilities to make but then I have others that can take a couple of minutes. Also, certain genres and sub-genre are easier for me to make. For example, I can make a decent East Coast boom bap type beat in 20 mins or less whereas it might take me a couple hours to make a dope commercial or West Coast beat

i saw the green flag saying i posted in this thread.. i was like hmmm.. so i opened it on the last page.. i just read this whole thread back to front lol it was a funny thread.. dude said "milliseconds" lol then a few pages down another dude say 9.8 milliseconds, im like oh shit lmao then i see j troup quote somebody above him (im reading back to front so i havent read it yet) but he tells dude to stop being an ass.. shit was funny, its late as **** and im high as shit this is too much..

but reading all the way to the first page i see my post like wtf? man i came along way, i dont even reeber posting that shit lol

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

but yea it takes a few weeks per track but its worth it.. i need everything exactly, i sit there for hours on one little part, and enjoy every hour of it lol

It depends on your inspiration. It takes as fast as 30 minutes or as long as a month. However, i think that the best beats are the ones that takes like 20 minutes to produce. That's when you hear those dope addictive sounds in your head out of nowhere and you know how the beat will sound even before you produce it. :)

Last edited:
i actually take forever to complete beats. I only work on music on the weekends due to a really hectic work schedule and sometimes I don't get to it if it was a long night before haha. I have project files from like june that i haven't finished

:cheers:

Last edited:
I've come to a conclusion that its better to take your time and make sure every element is right and your sound selection is exactly what you have envisioned in your mind. I feel better taking 1 or 2 days to do a quality beat than 20 minutes on a shit beat that ill eventually trash.

Back