How long does it usually take you to make a beat?

Isk2009

DamnSonWhere'dYaFindThis?
I myself am slow as hell. I think I've only made one beat that took less than a day to make. I could blame my OS cuz I have to jump thru a lot of extra hoops just to do the simplest thing, but a lot of tha time I'm jus sittin in my chair letting the beat loop over and over and over again until I think of sumthin else to throw in and repeat tha process. I am the opposite of time efficient. I kno it aint about how long it took you to make a beat, just how tha final product sounds, but Over a month is kinda pushin it. How bout yall?

I just work on a beat little by little, day by day. So anywhere from a few hours to a year

Usually about 30-45 minutes for the whole process, including mixing and effects but my beats aren't that good because I'm a novice and I leave a lot of things out that I should probably be doing. I made about 15 beats in the past month.. I only make beats on weekends due to a busy schedule with my full time job and school.

a couple of minutes to make a skeleton a coupla days to finish everything

If I don't like what I've got by the first 5mins or so... I trash it and start over. Idk, it's one of those things like... I gotta have that good start... know what i mean? lol but that actually doesn't happen that often nowadays.... start to finish I'd say about 3hrs uninterrupted. sometimes it takes longer tho... If I'm still not feelin' it. I just save and start a new one. I never wanna linger too long on one that's not worth the energy, when i could be makin' a hot one.

I never wanna linger too long on one that's not worth the energy, when i could be makin' a hot one.

Yea I hate that, but I was kinda forced to, I had tha demo version Of FL for tha longest time so when I made a beat I had to stick with it until it was done, every night I had to send tha computer into hibernate so my work wouldn't get deleted. N once I had somethin that I felt was a good final product I had to take it or leave it cuz once I closed down, its all gone. Since I couldn't save I had to do a helluvalot of double checking. N usually once I closed down I always thought of somethin that I shoulda changed up lol.

A beat isn't ever finished without lyrics on it. You can't finish a beat until all phases of production has been achieved and perfected. You can't finish a beat. Impossible.

^ Calm down, he just means once you've exported the track and upload it to wherever its goin. You might add things after to suit an artist if he gets one but it can still be done for the time being

A beat isn't ever finished without lyrics on it. You can't finish a beat until all phases of production has been achieved and perfected. You can't finish a beat. Impossible.
That would be the actual final version of the song not the beat itself, but to the orginal question anywhere from 45min to a couple of days which could be 5 or 6 hours all together.....

i can get the job done in 8 hours or less, and thats from start to finish, but since i never like to mix and master in the same day. so my usual work flo is this:

day 1 = experiment with sounds, get basic ideas to track
day 2 = mix and remix tracks (basic edits)
day 3 = finalize mix (fine tune edits)
day 4 = mastering

I just work on a beat little by little, day by day. So anywhere from a few hours to a year

im the same way. i always have at least 10 beats that im "working on" cause i take it little by little and jump between them all. not sure if thats really the best way to go about it though but ah well.

A beat is a beat. A song is a beat plus lyrics.

Stop being an ass

Back