how far can you get using fl studio?

I'd say the same thing about ur fantom if u want a new fresh sound so I see ur point to an extent but my point wasn't really that u have to make new patches but more that u shouldn't do the all in one thing. Imo it can really hurt u as far as creating something unique to u when it comes to sounds. Unless u r drum driven that is. I'm very sample and drum driven even when I'm using keyboards my sound is different because I build around the bottom

Yup yup

NoVA Entertainment said:
...no disrespect to those opinions, but that's almost a flat out lie.

And no disrespect to your production abilities, but the reason you aren't getting that full production quality sound is because you haven't developed the skills to do it yet, but you will if you simply ask questions on how instead of trying to find the magic software or hardware that will all of the sudden make you sound like your favorite producer. If there really was a "pro production" machine or software then everyone would be using the same thing.

As for MPC's and Tritons...those are kind of dated. MPC's are still useful for their abilities to sample, cut and lay out drums, but it's not going to all of the sudden make you sound "full." Triton sounds have all been overused now. If you take a track composed all of stock triton sounds, you'll find yourself at a disadvantage when you shop your music against someone who is using a newer workstation or creates their own sounds.

Arguably, Timbaland is the number one producer in the world (vs. any genre). He uses neither of those. He has similar weapons, but they are newer and he creates a lot of his sounds.

If you want to hear what I'm talking about when it comes to FL Studio then check my myspace. You'll quickly learn that it's the skills of the producer, not the program.

Whatever sound you put into FL is the same sound that it going to come out. You can take those same beats that you made and remake them in any other program...they are not going to magically sound better. It's all about your ability to mix to get a fuller sound and understanding frequency ranges of instruments.

Like I said if you need help, I'll help you cuz there your music isn't goign to sound better unless you do ask for help instead of switching programs and learning everything all over again with more complicated software.

i feel wat ya sayin

SouthStyles of SkullSouth Productionz

VA ALL Day!!!!

yo beatz Hot Shawty

I don't understand why there's always discussions about the capabilities of certain programs. Just make beats and don't worry about it. If you're good enough, you'll get where you want to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
cubby08 said:
thats what im coming to think too. you can get the feel for production
on it but it jus dont cut it

You mean you can't cut it.
I am not big fan of FL but don't blame it for your lack for skills
to make it that full sound.In the right hands FL will sound like another
DAW

Fl sucks...just playing if the music sucks look at the user not the program. If its hot is the user not the program. So In turn I now ask you, How far can you go with FL?

another great thread but why does individuals put the "tools" before talent?

again, a nice melody, harmony and groove are the most important elements of making music and not cubase fl studio, live, etc.

if the tools is capable of providing the functions to capture your melody, harmony and groove that "tool" is good enough.

now, if one depends more on "tools" than talents, well ...

maybe music is not for you.

no disrepect.

its easier to make better sounding beats with expensive equipment but you can make great music with FL you just have to put it more time mixing etc.

cubby08 said:
i use fl studio but iv been thinking it doesn't sound full on like the
big producers.

"Doesn't sound full on like the big producers"????

I don't know what this means but maybe you aren't using it right.

NoVA Entertainment said:
...no disrespect to those opinions, but that's almost a flat out lie.

And no disrespect to your production abilities, but the reason you aren't getting that full production quality sound is because you haven't developed the skills to do it yet, but you will if you simply ask questions on how instead of trying to find the magic software or hardware that will all of the sudden make you sound like your favorite producer. If there really was a "pro production" machine or software then everyone would be using the same thing.

As for MPC's and Tritons...those are kind of dated. MPC's are still useful for their abilities to sample, cut and lay out drums, but it's not going to all of the sudden make you sound "full." Triton sounds have all been overused now. If you take a track composed all of stock triton sounds, you'll find yourself at a disadvantage when you shop your music against someone who is using a newer workstation or creates their own sounds.

Arguably, Timbaland is the number one producer in the world (vs. any genre). He uses neither of those. He has similar weapons, but they are newer and he creates a lot of his sounds.

If you want to hear what I'm talking about when it comes to FL Studio then check my myspace. You'll quickly learn that it's the skills of the producer, not the program.

Whatever sound you put into FL is the same sound that it going to come out. You can take those same beats that you made and remake them in any other program...they are not going to magically sound better. It's all about your ability to mix to get a fuller sound and understanding frequency ranges of instruments.

Like I said if you need help, I'll help you cuz there your music isn't goign to sound better unless you do ask for help instead of switching programs and learning everything all over again with more complicated software.

www.myspace.com/infektiousent

You have alot of patience.:cool:

Last edited:
jmk9992 said:
There is no difference in sound quality between fl or any other DAW

in my experience, there is audible difference between FL and DP or project5 (what i'm using now).

I don't want to start no arguing about this, this is just my opinion.

Straight said:
in my experience, there is audible difference between FL and DP or project5 (what i'm using now).

I don't want to start no arguing about this, this is just my opinion.

i think everyone notices that...it's just most fl users are sensitive and defensive about it. (however i'm not bashing the program)

I've been debating whether to switch to project 5 as I'm a cakewalk user (Sonar). Do any of you have Sonar 7PE? I know there is a sequencer in there...how does that compare to project 5?

MuSickJunKeyz said:
i think everyone notices that...it's just most fl users are sensitive and defensive about it. (however i'm not bashing the program)

yeah yeah

no way I'm dissin FL studio, I learned beat making for 5 years on that and I respect Imageline FL has the best workflow and the easiest interface. plus it has at least twice more feature than any other daw.

but i stopped using it because of what I wrote. however, it was hard to decide this way, but now... there is a lightyear between the beats i'm doing now and back then with FL

don't get it twisted I still say that good beats can be made in FL

NoVA Entertainment said:
I've been debating whether to switch to project 5 as I'm a cakewalk user (Sonar). Do any of you have Sonar 7PE? I know there is a sequencer in there...how does that compare to project 5?

project5 is a very simple DAW. it has everything I need (vst dxi support, input quantize, groove quantize, good interface, support for midi controllers) its not complicated at all, it don't have half of FL's features

Dimension and Rapture came with mine those 2 stuffs are very good instruments, i like almost all the presets

Ok well here is my input, FL Studio is a very good DAW for making beats, coupled along with the right VST,VSTi instruments, Drumkits, and FX's. I have been using FL studio for 7 years and i made a lot amazing songs and i have been accredited as a hit maker. The only problem is that nobody really respects the program because a lot people dont think its capable of doing what a high end DAW or hardware can do. i have been to countless and heard producers bash FL, and it made me feel bad. I was determined to show them that it was a good program. But after countless time of people turning me down for my beats because they found of that i use FL studio, that was enough. I was using FL studio,Cool Edit Pro, and hypersonic. I got tired of using Cool Edit and switched to Cubase SX3, but my PC wouldnt let me use Cubase and Hypersonic at the same time, so I switched to Reason and i gotta be honest its better. check out my old FL studio beats on myspace. and keep using FL its a damn good program, the just isn't ready to accept it yet

www.myspace.com/soundzofficialproductions let me know what you think.

www.

The people who turn you down aren't worth it then, i have a friend i collabed with used FL for over 7 years also, his beats are on industry level. People have a horrible bias about FL. People shouldn't care what you use as long as it sounds good.

i've used FL for awhile but now i'm gettin bored with it. i dont know what the deal is. i wanna try out sonar 7 or get my hands on a mpc and other hardware equipment.

philly86_187 said:
i've used FL for awhile but now i'm gettin bored with it. i dont know what the deal is. i wanna try out sonar 7 or get my hands on a mpc and other hardware equipment.

do that! it may inspire you to be better

i recently had the chance to hear and try a yamaha tyros 2

if i'd been alone in the studio i'd started to cry

Back