HipHop's End has Finally Arrived: Smule launches AutoRap

This right here. I can tell anyone who wants to know that the app isn't gonna make you a hot song or a star. It'll have as much effect of the t-pain app. It's just fun and a diversion so please

View attachment 35941

these apps are great for a PRAISE PARTY

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum
Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

these apps are great for a PRAISE PARTY

-Coach Antonio

You'll be the talk of church for weeks! Pastor will be jump on it and use it during his next sermon.

...Just kidding.

Auto tempo has been around for a while now. What DAW's are yall using.......mean to tell me FL Studio doesn't have it? I could've sworn that edison or slicer or whatever is on FL slices samples automatically.....that's all that software is doing. Auto chopping your vocals and randomly placing them places to the tempo. Add little FXs and stuff. Which is like wooooooooah to consumers.......nice toy. Do a 4 minute recording.....watch what happens. lol.

There are free vsts that do that and been around for like 5 years now. lol!

Last edited:
You'll be the talk of church for weeks! Pastor will be jump on it and use it during his next sermon.

...Just kidding.

I'm creating my praise party package now, Christians like to have fun too

and I hope I won't be the talk of my CHURCH HOME
I hope Christ will be the talk of my CHURCH HOME

and sidenote the CHURCH is the ppl not a building so for me to be the talk of the CHURCH is far-fetched sir

and I know you were kidding lol

-Coach Antonio

I'm creating my praise party package now, Christians like to have fun too

and I hope I won't be the talk of my CHURCH HOME
I hope Christ will be the talk of my CHURCH HOME

and sidenote the CHURCH is the ppl not a building so for me to be the talk of the CHURCH is far-fetched sir

and I know you were kidding lol

-Coach Antonio

Yeah I get it. I grew up going to a Baptist Church in South Phoenix. Still though the thought of the pastor bustin out with this technology is funny.

When you are talking Business & Brands, then you talking about money.

What does this industry look at to see who making money BillBoard/BDS.

Up-n-Commer cmon son. We not talking personal favorites here.
How many kids in the generation even know about Rakim?
Well that's fine and dandy but...we aren't talking about Business nor brands, I seem to recall us
talking about an "AutoRap App" that people think will devalue Hip Hop which is nonsensical, doom saying, bollocks
that won't do much to damage a genre that's doing well.

Yeah I'm sure dudes like Nas and Jay-Z are just my personal favorites, despite having millions of fans.
I'm sure Kendrick Lamar is just "my personal favorite" when dude is touring, getting coverage on several websites
and appearing in magazines.
I'm sure Tech N9ne is just my personal fav when dude is grossing more than most rappers on major labels
and running a successful independent label.
I'm convinced most of you are either very stubborn when it comes to sticking to your points or you live in an alternative
reality where the only relevant rappers are Soulja boy and Waka Flocka.

Either way that has NOTHING TO DO WITH MY POINT.
Hip Hop will not get any worse or any better from a toy being sold for cell phones.

I value Hip Hop because it's what I grew up on. I have many years invested not just a decade or 2...since its earliest days. I am not saying its the end of the world or Hip Hop. Hip Hop is what it is...it has been devalued for years. I will not go into why because it will offend a lot of people on here. I still listen to newer stuff but love the music that I grew up on (soul, R&B and Hip Hop). I have a 17 year old senior in high school and some of the stuff he listens to is dope and some I think is just more disposable music. I do like the fact that he enjoys old school Hip Hop as well (LL, Rakim, Ice Cube, Sugar Hill Gang, Kool Moe Dee, etc...).
That's nice but....what does it have to do with the current topic ?
I struggle to see how this applies to the AutoRap App and how it'll kill Hip Hop.

Last edited:
Well that's fine and dandy but...we aren't talking about Business nor brands, I seem to recall us
talking about an "AutoRap App" that people think will devalue Hip Hop which is nonsensical, doom saying, bollocks
that won't do much to damage a genre that's doing well.

Yeah I'm sure dudes like Nas and Jay-Z are just my personal favorites, despite having millions of fans.
I'm sure Kendrick Lamar is just "my personal favorite" when dude is touring, getting coverage on several websites
and appearing in magazines.
I'm sure Tech N9ne is just my personal fav when dude is grossing more than most rappers on major labels
and running a successful independent label.
I'm convinced most of you are either very stubborn when it comes to sticking to your points or you live in an alternative
reality where the only relevant rappers are Soulja boy and Waka Flocka.

Either way that has NOTHING TO DO WITH MY POINT.
Hip Hop will not get any worse or any better from a toy being sold for cell phones.

That's nice but....what does it have to do with the current topic ?
I struggle to see how this applies to the AutoRap App and how it'll kill Hip Hop.

hip-hop CULTURE is not dead or dying neither is one of the ELEMENTs(RAP) of hiphop culture dying because of apps and other technology

but it is killing the revenue of rap muisc as far as it was traditionally made
technology has done us bad and gave us good things too

take the good with the bad and keep it going

because the topic is about the music business
you sir are off topic

we are talking about an app taking away from true skills of rappers and that could cause less money to be made from rap songs

just like producers are getting paid less now because what
the personal computer are powerful and software allows everyone interested in making beats to do so

I'm not hating on the technology my goal as an Music Business Professional is to find value in the technology and replace the money that was made in the traditional ways that are gone and other that may be gone in years to come

keep my day job and get that match money for my retirement fund

-Coach Antonio

what pisses me off is that there's some dude making a nice living of creating this shit, that's the downside of capitalism, everybody takes a shit on rap music

hip-hop CULTURE is not dead or dying neither is one of the ELEMENTs(RAP) of hiphop culture dying because of apps and other technology

you sir are off topic

we are talking about an app taking away from true skills of rappers and that could cause less money to be made from rap songs

the personal computer are powerful and software allows everyone interested in making beats to do so

I'm not hating on the technology my goal as an Music Business Professional is to find value in the technology and replace the money that was made in the traditional ways that are gone and other that may be gone in years to come

-Coach Antonio

Thank You, this sums it up. You said better than i did.

Last edited:

you sir are off topic

I'm on topic, reread my posts.
And don't forget I WAS QUOTED, NOT the other way around.

My point still stands that this is pointless worrying.
In what way could this app plausibly steal revenue from an actual artist ?
Again you can't mimic the Kendrick Lamar's and Jay-Z's with a simple cell phone app.
Anyone who isn't crying foul and predicting the death of a genre can see that !

I'm on topic, reread my posts.
And don't forget I WAS QUOTED, NOT the other way around.

My point still stands that this is pointless worrying.
In what way could this app plausibly steal revenue from an actual artist ?
Again you can't mimic the Kendrick Lamar's and Jay-Z's with a simple cell phone app.
Anyone who isn't crying foul and predicting the death of a genre can see that !

No one is worrying we're simply having a discussion on where this and other technologies can/ will lead Hip Hop. The idea that anyone can now put out a Hip Hop song cheapens the music. It also will take money away from producers/ studios...since you will be able nail vocals on the first take or two. As this technology progresses someone will make a hit record.

It's a cute toy. I try to refrain from overanalyzing any hip hop or rap related product. When companies created take home Karoake machines, no one thought it would affect the quality of music being produced by professionals. As an aspiring entrepreneur, I give the developers props for creating a unique application. I'm curious to know how much investment money was required and if it will reap millions for the owners. Many of my peers in college started their own software development companies. That's the path many are taking rather than trying to work a standard 9 to 5.

Last edited:
everyone saying hip hop is dead but yet they still making hip hop music, posting on hip hop forums, talking about hip hop subjects, and listening to hip hop music. the "Hip Hop is Dead" shit is played out just like the illuminati shit....

what pisses me off is that there's some dude making a nice living of creating this shit, that's the downside of capitalism, everybody takes a shit on rap music

Capitalism is everywhere. Hip Hop has been primed for this rape for years. Look at ole boy that put up money for the Drake vs Chris Brown fight. While their money would go to charity, I'd bet the pay per view proceeds were going straight to his bank account. Now that it has fallen through he wants to set up The Game vs 40 Glocc fight. If I'm 50 Cent I'm in with this boxing promo stuff. There is money to be made and we can clear up Hip Hop beefs in the ring, on tv and everyone can make some cash. The problem is most of these tough guys won't do it...it will kill their rep wants they get dropped in the ring and show the world they really can't throw hands. So maybe there isn't so much money to be made with the artist...you would have better luck getting fans of each to fight and have the artist as the trainer. That way its safe to do it. MTV should be all over that idea.

Chris Brown v. Drake Boxing Match Officially Cancelled | Exclusive Rap & Hip Hop Songs, Mixtapes, Videos & News

Last edited:
Back