HipHop's End has Finally Arrived: Smule launches AutoRap

^^^^It deals with the whole 'Devaluation of HipHop' as mentioned in an earlier post.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I know an unsigned rapper who paid $2,500 to a well-known DJ to host the rapper’s FREE mixtape/street album. And the DJ didn’t even promote it. Next, the rapper spent $1,500 to get a collaboration on a song with a popular upcoming MC that went on the FREE mixtape/street album. Then, the rapper paid the studio and engineer to record and mix the FREE mixtape/street album, and he paid a graphic designer to design the cover. Then, the rapper spent $500 duplicating the CDs. And finally, the rapper paid $1,500 to a mixtape marketing company to promote the Free mixtape/street album.

At the end of the day, this rapper spent close to $7,000 on a Mixtape/Street album that he gave away for free. He got 12,500 downloads at the end of the day. Was it worth it? I say NO! Most independent rappers are just following Lil Wayne and Drake, and have no idea what they are doing.

How many shows did he get from that free mixtape? How many Youtube hits and website hits did he get from that free mixtape?

Value isn't all in money derived from unit sales.

He's investing in his craft. More than most are doing...

Your right it is not always monitory sometime it is awareness..

Most business have a promotional budget to advertise in hopes of getting some sort of return. But it has to make sense at the end of the day. The moral to the story is he did not recieve the value giving to what he put out.
He achieved views, but it has to generate sales in the end.

Other wise all business will be out of business doing promotions that way.

When you are running a business/brand - The end result is a sale.
Otherwise you are a non profit service.

For many rappers, these Free Mixtape/street albums are just vanity projects and an expensive hobby. And many spend little money advertising the mixtape releases. Most rappers put out multiple free mixtape/street albums just to stroke their ego, but they have no understanding that, in many cases, they’re just throwing away money and cluttering up the already saturated Mixtape market.

And, some rappers are even going as far as to buy Mixtape Site downloads and manufactured stats.

Fake Downloads On Mixtape Site X + Fake Views On YouTube + Fake Followers On Twitter + Fake Fans On Facebook = FAKE MOVEMENT.

Last edited:
Treasure the classics and enjoy the ride. This will turn into the next big party thing like Karoke and take off from there and...

Kiosks all over the suburban malls of America WILL MAKE YOU THE NEXT RAP STAR!

Capitalism at it's finest...I can see this as the biggest selling toy/ software/ app during Christmas.

Last edited:
This will turn into the next big party thing like Karoke and take off from there and...

Kiosks all over the suburban malls of America WILL MAKE YOU THE NEXT RAP STAR!

Capitalism at it's finest...I can see this as the biggest selling toy/ software/ app during Christmas.

This is the 'Devaluation'. I agree with this statement.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

but this technology has been around for years..

worried about the wrong things

It not about the tech....it is about what genre they are 'KILLING' with the tech.

Multitrack audio music coming soon.........like I said. You are looking at an example of it. Random select audio tracks to make a listening experience. But if these people keep trying to develop something without thinking deeply about it......then the multitrack audio format will become a waste just like the MP3, CD, and cassette tape.

Love that ish right there.

On a general note. I really don't see this being the "death of hip hop" I mean the t pain app hasn't been the death of singing has it?

This combines both singing and rapping. Add this technology to your karoke machine and every party you throw will be a hit! This reminds me of this...

nice, but good luck having it flow oddball like ghostface, jeru, or kool keith

Good luck having it flow good at all. It just forces your words into a rhythm and autotunes it. It's fun to mess around with though. I've made a couple of stupid raps on it already

The doom sayers sound like damn fools.
This won't kill Hip Hop, talent will ultimately shine through.

You can't make a Tech N9ne with an AutoRap app.
You can't make a Kendrick Lamar, Nas, Canibus,Aesop Rock, Jay-Z etc.
With an AutoRap app.

I'd actually say you don't value rap that much if you think it's THAT EASY.
Autotune doesn't mean everyone can make 808's and Heartbreak, it doesn't mean
everyone can be Usher,Frank Ocean of The Weekend.
Skilled, creative people will always outshine the layman who just wants to funk around with
a cool program.

With an AutoRap app.

Skilled, creative people will always outshine the layman who just wants to funk around with
a cool program.

Up & Comer, < (ironic name?)
Then why all these people you mention ain't killing the Billboards 'if talent outshines". lol

They ain't killing the billboard ---because this genre of music is not what it once was to people
People see no value in it.

Please don't mention the rappers that were already out in the 90's like Jay Z and Nas
cause they were out before the storm hit. We are talking the now generation.

Last edited:

With an AutoRap app.

a cool program.

Let enough people make songs and have their family tell them it sounds as good as T-pain, Lil Wayne, Drake, etc...and people who NEVER ever thought about rapping or singing will try their hands at it. Technology is a Mother**cker and the cork is out of the bottle.

Let enough people make songs and have their family tell them it sounds as good as T-pain, Lil Wayne, Drake, etc...and people who NEVER ever thought about rapping or singing will try their hands at it. Technology is a Mother**cker and the cork is out of the bottle.

Alright well if "Technology is a motherfvcker".
Go download that AutoRap app and make Poet Laureate II.
Go and make your own Black Album, Cuban Linx etc.

There are computer programs that can compose classical songs
and guess what !?
Beethoven is still Beethoven.
After this
Rakim will still be Rakim.

Y'all must not value Hip Hop much if you think it's that easy.
Up & Comer, < (ironic name?)
Then why all these people you mention ain't killing the Billboards 'if talent outshines". lol

They ain't killing the billboard ---because this genre of music is not what it once was to people
People see no value in it.

Please don't mention the rappers that were already out in the 90's like Jay Z and Nas
cause they were out before the storm hit. We are talking the now generation.
WTF do the billboards have to do WITH ANYTHING I said ?
Oh that's not right...NOT A DAMN THING !

Last edited:

With an AutoRap app.

a cool program.

This right here. I can tell anyone who wants to know that the app isn't gonna make you a hot song or a star. It'll have as much effect of the t-pain app. It's just fun and a diversion so please

tumblr_l3m8kfo6ya1qbxdtzo1_500.jpg

and guess what !?
After this

I value Hip Hop because it's what I grew up on. I have many years invested not just a decade or 2...since its earliest days. I am not saying its the end of the world or Hip Hop. Hip Hop is what it is...it has been devalued for years. I will not go into why because it will offend a lot of people on here. I still listen to newer stuff but love the music that I grew up on (soul, R&B and Hip Hop). I have a 17 year old senior in high school and some of the stuff he listens to is dope and some I think is just more disposable music. I do like the fact that he enjoys old school Hip Hop as well (LL, Rakim, Ice Cube, Sugar Hill Gang, Kool Moe Dee, etc...).

and guess what !?
After this

When you are talking Business & Brands, then you talking about money.

What does this industry look at to see who making money BillBoard/BDS.

Up-n-Commer cmon son. We not talking personal favorites here.
How many kids in the generation even know about Rakim?

Last edited:
Back