HipHop's End has Finally Arrived: Smule launches AutoRap

Kendall143

No more more Ice Cube.. just Vanilla Ice - Ice Cube

If you’re a fan of Smule’s Songify, you’ll be pleased to know that the folks behind that app have added yet another title to their collection. This time, it’s for fans of rap and is called AutoRap. Not unlike Songify, AutoRap takes your recorded speech and automatically turns it into a song – a rap song. So instead of auto tuning your voice to fit a melody, AutoRap works differently by tuning your speech as well as making it follow a beat, speeding up and slowing down your words as though you were making a rhyme.
I downloaded the app on my phone and gave it a shot – needless to say I was pretty impressed. Not as much as I was when I used Songify for the first time, but I was pleased with the results. No I won’t be sharing my track here, but if you’re interested in checking out AutoRap, you can download it for yourself on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. AutoRap is free to use and comes with a number of free tracks, but if you’d like a wider selection of beats including those from more well-known songs, you’ll need to make in-app purchases

Smule launches AutoRap | Ubergizmo

This is what they were talking about the 'Devaluation of HipHop'. Then people wonder why 'HipHop' ain't as special as it once was. Cause now 'anybody' can do it. So what do we need you for, heck I'll do my own rap.

There is a reason Country Music is still selling and HipHop cant stay afloat.
Counry producers are not having the same issue as HipHop Producers

When is enough, enough.

Last edited:
look at the beat Produced by Midi Mafia. I wonder how much money they got for those beats.

told you placements was dead lol

Let the sellout begin then.. don't come crying - "I can't sell my beats".
We are own enemy.

Last edited:
This is what these products are doing 'Over Saturating' the market with toys and gimmicks.
So who will take it serious? HipHop is a joke to these Business Men.
Something to make a quick buck and bounce.

The urban community don't care---- we will sale our mama for a buck.
and they know this.

Plus this generation dont even know the history of HipHop to keep it precious to them ----enough not to sell out.
That aint happening in Rock,Country . You better know your Rock History or your ass gets booted.

HipHop dead. Scarface says it best

Last edited:
Call me a hater or whatever the f*ck you want, I dont care, I will just say that, that piece of sh*t is gonna make all these teenagers wonna become rapstars. Its bad enough as it is right now with young cats f*cking up the game. Rap used to be about skills and talent, but now everyone is gonna be able to do it (though that autorap song sounded terrible). The worst case would be if these actual famous rappers will use it.

If I hear a Kayne West song with this ish , then damnit that would be the official death of hiphop.

Last edited:
You guys make a big deal out of nothing. Download the app, mess around on it, have fun and get over yourself. This isn't going to have a real impact on the world you live in.

^^^^Spoken like someone who will do exactly what I said will happen.
It aint no big deal Ok....

Check this out man

The Free Mixtape/Street Album phenomena is killing the revenue flow in the Hip-Hop game. Artists are not getting paid, producers are not getting paid, etc.. I say, leave the MULTIPLE Mixtapes for the DJs, and the rappers should go back to giving out singles and samplers and creating quality EPs or Albums that they can market and sell. Rappers have trained their audience to expect free music all of the time with the multiple releases of Free Street Albums…CRAZY!

Stop painting rap fans with a broad brush. Not every rap fan wants free throwaway music. Rap fans are not demanding this free clutter music; it’s being shoved on them. Many aspiring Rock & Roll, Pop, Country and R&B artists are building solid fanbases without giving away free albums. Rappers Take Note! You can put out a free single or sampler, and still spark a lot of interest in your brand. Who told you that you MUST put out a FREE Street Album/mixtape?

Your fans must either want to be you or believe you. You must know your target market, and your music has to resonate with them. As an Artist, you must understand that your Fans don’t just buy your music;

2. your Lifestyle,
3. your Brand,
4. your Movement as well.

You don’t have to keep putting out multiple free street album/mixtapes of original music to attract fans. You can release other free content from your brand like music videos, freestyles, video diaries, audio from radio interviews, video from concert performances, etc. Nowadays, it’s no longer just about selling CDs. It’s about selling or providing “Content” and conveying the mission of your Brand and your movement.

Try something different to build a fanbase. Look into the possibility of producing and starring in your own short films or long version music videos, and add your music as the score. Think outside of your circumference.

Last edited:
This product is geared towards the PROSUMER, we're in a age that 8 out of 10 music fans not only just listen to music they actually participate in the creative process and believe it or not its not a either/or situation. Just like in the past people read news content from a few major outlets but now anybody can become a blogger and potentially gain there own following.

So the question begs:

What separates YOU the professional musician from the endless ocean of 'music prosumers' ???

1) Superior talent/content (which is determined by the public, NOT you)

2) Creativity, expertise and innovation

3) Resources (MONEY)

Master those 3 and you've just eliminated 95% of the so-called 'saturated rapper/producer market'

@ Kendall - Uh I thought we were talking about an auto-tempo app for your iPhone? What's with the mixtape diatribe?

Last edited:
^^^^It deals with the whole 'Devaluation of HipHop' as mentioned in an earlier post.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I know an unsigned rapper who paid $2,500 to a well-known DJ to host the rapper’s FREE mixtape/street album. And the DJ didn’t even promote it. Next, the rapper spent $1,500 to get a collaboration on a song with a popular upcoming MC that went on the FREE mixtape/street album. Then, the rapper paid the studio and engineer to record and mix the FREE mixtape/street album, and he paid a graphic designer to design the cover. Then, the rapper spent $500 duplicating the CDs. And finally, the rapper paid $1,500 to a mixtape marketing company to promote the Free mixtape/street album.

At the end of the day, this rapper spent close to $7,000 on a Mixtape/Street album that he gave away for free. He got 12,500 downloads at the end of the day. Was it worth it? I say NO! Most independent rappers are just following Lil Wayne and Drake, and have no idea what they are doing.

[h=1]Big Daddy Kane Shares His Thoughts on Mixtapes in Hip-Hop[/h]

Last edited:
Nothing's really going to be devalued, just like the iMaschine app didn't devalue your drum programming.

Try 'selling' a beat the same price from (5) yrs ago with your iMacshine app,
Lets see where your iMachine app gets you.

Last edited:
Back