Harlem Shake Features Unlicensed Samples That Could Now Cost Baauer and His Label Dea

*Rodriguez.
and I saw an interview where Baauer said he makes music by combining mad weird sounds together.

Thats no bueno, with the harlem shake money, he needs a couple lawyer$

^^^Oh...yeah.

My bad, I forgot people don't actually snatch up samples themselves anymore.

Most stuff I sample, I could just remember off the top of my head, but you should do a spreadsheet with your beat that will remind you of ANY sample you used in the track.

Most music programs give you a "Song Info" page, just put all your notes(info from the song) in there. Also helps when you're making a track and other hands get involved. Put in your background vocalist, collabing artists, guitarist or keyboardist's, ect. name and info as well, because if that song goes somewhere, you need to contact them again.

EDIT: I've read up on this song more, in my old age, I underestimate how popular things are with young guys that fly by my radar. Just coming to terms with the fact I've grown into the old guy who doesn't keep up with music. If this guy does indeed have a hit record with the caliber to generate the buzz/following/funds of even Sisquo's "Thong Song" and has his hustle right, he could indeed be pocketing millions.

I just realized how big Macklemore had gotten the other day. I heard the poppin tags song, but didn't realize it was as big as it was. I remember back in the days thinking that guy was a step away from christian rapper. Lol. Thought he didn't curse and repped suburbia seattle and "real"/Backpack hip hop. Now he's a white trash pottymouth with a poppy record? Or did I miss what he was about back in the day? Not mad for the dude take my hat off to him, because before "poppin tags" I've never heard one of his songs more than a few times. I know words to this one.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the start of several different hip-hopsamples, will be used in a song. Biz Markie get sued, it revolutionized thesound of hip-hop. I doubt it Bauuer. Kind of like the story of the tragey.Because they live in the ground, he will continue to do a ton of money. Butpopping up like him more problems. Sad, because his sampling is inevitable, hisstyle of music, but he will never make any money, if he is just a his track toclear all of the individual samples. Interesting to see this.

I made a joke about people in the U.K making dirty south vocal samples and you can clearly hear their accent (unlike a southerner from the U.S). But.........they are popular now and poppin up on those Baauer type of beats. Cheesy vocal samples are in style.....no need to sample uncleared shit.

Back