Getting the most out of Soundclick

Makes sense, we all grow and move on from things eventually...just curious though - why kill your account? Even if it's only making you 5 cents per year, you're not losing anything by having it up and it's only promoting you?

My last question is (since this is only my first full year of taking my beat selling seriously) what do you do today to sell your beats and how were you able to move on from Soundclick?

I killed it because it was no longer my primary source of traffic so I decide to just pull it. Keep in mind that having a Soundclick account up will cost you $10 a month. This is the cost associated with the vip account and IMO its the only account worth having on SC.

Most people will just move past your 'basic' profile, regardless of the music. $10 isn't a lot of money but it adds up over time.

To answer your last question: Today I get traffic to my personal website from a combination of sources and a lot of this has stemmed from relationships I've built over time.

One thing to think about: When it comes to selling beats online, everyone's experience is gonna be different. A site that works for you might not produce the same results for the next person and so on so you're just gonna have to test - test - test until you find a method / lane that works for you.

Good luck.

Last edited:
For anyone who remembers when SC took the instrumentals charts off the main page and made it less easy to find (back in 2011) was that a noticeable game changer? I'm not sure why I ask, I'm just curious.

Back