FP New Design/Color Scheme

Chater-La

Hi !

We are looking to update the website and its design. I'd like to get rid of this morbid black background and I decided to ask you guys for some design/color scheme ideas for the background.

I'd like to keep the top banner black, so the new logo will blend in nicely, but anything else we can play with.

So if you have some ideas or examples of forum skins, please post them here!

Thanks!

cant wait to see what yall come up with! also chater-la you might have more luck if you post this in the rap hip hop section

lmao i know, but people hardly look there, they just scroll down immediately well i do anyways

please bring back the latest post banner

Last edited:
I think the forum over at soulstrut.com is pretty nice, especially how the avatar of the person who created a post is shown

Thanks for the tips. The hip hop section is the most popular forum here, but I don't want this to be the dumping ground for all stickies that require attention. That is not the place for it, it clutters the forums. otherwise we will just post everything there- and people do, and i have to move posts....grrrr.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but it does have to do with a new idea for FP. someone should make an iphone app that can be used to browse the forums. with a chat function too!

I know this is slightly off-topic, but it does have to do with a new idea for FP. someone should make an iphone app that can be used to browse the forums. with a chat function too!

:smokinFP: https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353093

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

personally, i think people are more concerned w/ the content as opposed to the design / layout of the site.

So do we. But a good layout is better than a shit one.

The new site will have a much better layout, and we will get rid of this depressing all black theme.

As for iphone support etc. Lots of people mentioned that in the survey so we will probably add the vb plugin following the migration.

Maybe have an option for a forum skin that still has the black background with white text. I have migraines frequently and dark backgrounds are a heaven-send when I'm browsing the forums during those. A more mobile-friendly version of the site would be pretty sweet to see as well, as I'm browsing the forums lots from my phone.

i didnt really dig it when we hadda use that tapatalk ish.

some sort of chat function would be ILL. I dont like having to wait 180 seconds or whatever it is between PMs sometimes.

I would like to see an integrated track player, to make it easier to post tracks in your post or even in your sig.

The idea that the track can be played straight from this sight instead of having to click to another site.

i.e. warbeats.com :)

Back