Female Producers-GIRLS MAKE BEATS

You should be a lawyer, possibly a politician. You sure do know how to talk like one.

Completely avoiding the part I quoted you on and talking about something unrelated like the title to one of my tracks.. All I was doing was referring to how you said you didn't use your sex as a crutch, but you're obviously using a lot of sex appeal to promote. I mean, I don't have any problem with it at all. After all, I am a guy. You're just contradicting yourself a tad.

Basically, you will be more successful than some joe schmoe that would've produced the exact same beats because you're beautiful and nude on your album cover, as well as in lingerie in the banner for your site. Using sex appeal for self promotion is smart, I'm not bashing you. I just think you're not being honest when you say you aren't using your sex as an advantage.

Anyways, you do have good stuff. Just wanted to give my input. :cool:

Actually, I'm going to need you to send me some of your pics. Please write Liquid Lines across the top. I could use some decent promoting.

Completely avoiding the part I quoted you on and talking about something unrelated like the title to one of my tracks.. All I was doing was referring to how you said you didn't use your sex as a crutch.
I don't see how the title of your song is "unrelated". After all you said we are talking about using "sex as a crutch". Are you trying to convince me that in retrospect the title of your song is NOT using sex appeal? Funk me hard and Funk me right? lol. You, my friend, are the only one contradicting yourself and the sad thing is you don't realize it. I will talk no further on the subject. I think it's time to talk about MUSIC! :)

Last edited:
Huh? Of course I am. I may even make a whole album using sexual innuendos. I have no problem with it. May even have a penis on the album cover. I'm not the one saying I don't use sex as a crutch.. I quoted that from you, not myself.

Fine, on with the music!

Although I will say that this thread was clearly started with the best intentions, to say that the underlying animosity in your responses and your dodging of clear and factual accusations of being a hypocrite don't exist is absolutely absurd.

Let's keep this to strictly facts, for only fools will argue facts:

1. You are your biggest oppressor. What is wrong with you psychologically that makes you believe men are against you? The man, a man, or men in general are not and have not taken steps to keep women out of the music industry be it as a producer, audio engineer, performer, etc.

2. I attended SAE, a top notch industry trade school. Aside from identification purposes in registration, at no time was I ever asked to disclose my gender. Females are extended the same opportunities to educate themselves as men our in our industry.

3. If you decide to be self taught and try and make it, both women and men are extended the same opportunities. There are no gender specific currencies. Nothing is stopping, or trying to stop women from purchasing pro audio equipment, setting up their own production studios, labels, etc. This applies to people who attended a school as well, nothing is stopping them from breaking into the industry on their own.

4. Women are not the only minority in the hip hop industry. What if a thread were to pop up called 'All White Producers'? There aren't too many people who wouldn't have a problem with that. There is nothing wrong with being proud of who and what you are, there is an issue with excluding people from that group.

I have never been taken seriously as a musician, as a bassist, or as a beat-maker.

Why take time out of your day to come comment on a thread that has nothing to do with you.

Two things, as a member of this forum, I believe all members have the right to voice their opinion on any thread they choose. If you are feeling excluded and discriminated against, why are you so quick to exclude others?
Secondly, just because you have never been taken seriously doesn't mean it's because you are a female, it could be ability.

6. You can be trained in everything under the sun pertaining to music and the industry, and not have the skill, talent, what have you to make it. It is not because you are a man, woman, child, specific race, or sexual orientation.

7. There are two types of people who make it in our industry, the people with the skills and the corporate sell outs. Both of which come in the male and female variety.

8. The only one who is holding you back from anything is YOURSELF. YOU are the only one who controls your life. If you believe you will never make it in our industry because men don't want you to, or are trying to make it harder on you for being female, YOU are choosing to believe that thus holding yourself back.

9. Yes, there are far more producers that are men as opposed to women, why, because more women chose not to pursue that career path.

10. We are all here to help and support each other, not incite drama, exclude, and blatantly seek validation for a lack of self esteem. So let's keep that in mind. Reach out to everyone who needs help, not just those you have convinced yourself are being held from it.

If you choose to reply, please do as I did and keep it to the facts. Welcome to the community, there is much to knowledge to be given and received in this forum, let's remember what we are here for!!

:)

Dude... I think it's fcking amazing for women to become more involved in the field of Music production. I'm going to a college of music school next year and I'm worried that there wont be as much women in my classes. I would be happy to actually sit by a women and discuss sound effects, Eq, compression, etc. she could even help me out. And To be in the studio with me everyday doing music. I'd probably marry her..

Keep It up Tiffany and Sam.

Blazestyle Beats . c o m

Dude... I think it's fcking amazing for women to become more involved in the field of Music production. I'm going to a college of music school next year and I'm worried that there wont be as much women in my classes. I would be happy to actually sit by a women and discuss sound effects, Eq, compression, etc. she could even help me out. And To be in the studio with me everyday doing music. I'd probably marry her..

Blazestyle Beats . c o m

Thank you Blazestyle! This is EXACTLY the response I am aiming to achieve! All positive, all love, all inspirational! Thank you! :)

Ok, I just figured out that your the Tiffany from "Female producer from Miami making beats". That's Crazy, I remember watching your videos about a year ago and you helped me develop a ear for making piano beats. Just want to say thanks, and keep uploading videos, it helps thousands.

Support from Minnesota.

[h=1][/h]

welcome to the forum, hope you are able to get any and all the knowledge you need from this resource let me know if i can help at all.

Although I will say that this thread was clearly started with the best intentions, to say that the underlying animosity in your responses and your dodging of clear and factual accusations of being a hypocrite don't exist is absolutely absurd.

1. You are your biggest oppressor. What is wrong with you psychologically that makes you believe men are against you? The man, a man, or men in general are not and have not taken steps to keep women out of the music industry be it as a producer, audio engineer, performer, etc.

2. I attended SAE, a top notch industry trade school. Aside from identification purposes in registration, at no time was I ever asked to disclose my gender. Females are extended the same opportunities to educate themselves as men our in our industry.

3. If you decide to be self taught and try and make it, both women and men are extended the same opportunities. There are no gender specific currencies. Nothing is stopping, or trying to stop women from purchasing pro audio equipment, setting up their own production studios, labels, etc. This applies to people who attended a school as well, nothing is stopping them from breaking into the industry on their own.

4. Women are not the only minority in the hip hop industry. What if a thread were to pop up called 'All White Producers'? There aren't too many people who wouldn't have a problem with that. There is nothing wrong with being proud of who and what you are, there is an issue with excluding people from that group.

Two things, as a member of this forum, I believe all members have the right to voice their opinion on any thread they choose. If you are feeling excluded and discriminated against, why are you so quick to exclude others?
Secondly, just because you have never been taken seriously doesn't mean it's because you are a female, it could be ability.

6. You can be trained in everything under the sun pertaining to music and the industry, and not have the skill, talent, what have you to make it. It is not because you are a man, woman, child, specific race, or sexual orientation.

7. There are two types of people who make it in our industry, the people with the skills and the corporate sell outs. Both of which come in the male and female variety.

8. The only one who is holding you back from anything is YOURSELF. YOU are the only one who controls your life. If you believe you will never make it in our industry because men don't want you to, or are trying to make it harder on you for being female, YOU are choosing to believe that thus holding yourself back.

9. Yes, there are far more producers that are men as opposed to women, why, because more women chose not to pursue that career path.

10. We are all here to help and support each other, not incite drama, exclude, and blatantly seek validation for a lack of self esteem. So let's keep that in mind. Reach out to everyone who needs help, not just those you have convinced yourself are being held from it.

If you choose to reply, please do as I did and keep it to the facts. Welcome to the community, there is much to knowledge to be given and received in this forum, let's remember what we are here for!!

Thank you for taking out the time to write such a lengthy response. I honestly do appreciate your time. I really am not intending to sound defensive and I don't know how else to say this because it has already been addressed several times, but just to be clear to anyone misreading what the "Girls Make Beats" project is about; anybody of ANY gender and any walk of life can help support the movement. It is not intended to be something that alienates others; just something that will motivate more women to enter into those fields and give more notoriety to the ones that already are. I have never once said "Girls ONLY" or "Girls do it better"! You don't have to have cancer to support Breast Cancer Awareness, correct? Same deal.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Lol. Well thank you! I am humbled to hear that! :) I will definitely be posting more videos!

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Forget all that. Just become successful.
I intend to. :)

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Ok, I just figured out that your the Tiffany from "Female producer from Miami making beats". That's Crazy, I remember watching your videos about a year ago and you helped me develop a ear for making piano beats. Just want to say thanks, and keep uploading videos, it helps thousands.

Support from Minnesota.
Lol. Well thank you! I am humbled to hear that! :) I will definitely be posting more videos!

You should've know that that I long, educated response would be completely ignored by her. If she did happen to respond to it, it would be about how you have "fetus" in your name, thus making your opinion invalid. For some reason.. :hmmm:

Thank you for taking out the time to write such a lengthy response. I honestly do appreciate your time. I really am not intending to sound defensive and I don't know how else to say this because it has already been addressed several times, but just to be clear to anyone misreading what the "Girls Make Beats" project is about; anybody of ANY gender and any walk of life can help support the movement. It is not intended to be something that alienates others; just something that will motivate more women to enter into those fields and give more notoriety to the ones that already are. I have never once said "Girls ONLY" or "Girls do it better"! You don't have to have cancer to support Breast Cancer Awareness, correct? Same deal.

Liquid Lines-Somebody's not paying attention! Smh!

:) My only point was that you say sex doesn't matter and shouldn't be used as a crutch. Agree with you 100%. I don't care if an orangutan produced my favorite song, its all about the music. You also mention it not giving you any sort of advantage to be a female and that you just want to be appreciated for your music, even though you market yourself nude and your site has a banner across the top of you in lingerie. That's all I'm saying.

I know you're going to still insist that you aren't trying to use your sex as an advantage, so I'll stop cluttering your thread now.

You should've know that that I long, educated response would be completely ignored by her. If she did happen to respond to it, it would be about how you have "fetus" in your name, thus making your opinion invalid. For some reason.. :hmmm:

Someone's not paying attention... SMH!!! Like I said only fools argue facts, and not one issue was addressed....

Blazestyle Beats . c o m

aw well thank you!

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

I'm not quite sure where this thread keeps heading.
jeez.
seriously just an awareness thread. Looking for other lady-producers to talk with and meet and collab and encourge or basically anything we want.
This is not exclusive. It's not inclusive.
Just women who enjoy producing and making music.
End.

Last edited:
aw well thank you!

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

I'm not quite sure where this thread keeps heading.
jeez.
seriously just an awareness thread. Looking for other lady-producers to talk with and meet and collab and encourge or basically anything we want.
This is not exclusive. It's not inclusive.
Just women who enjoy producing and making music.
End.

Well said yet again Sam! :)

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Attention ALL female artists, producers, engineers, and songwriters in the Dade/Broward area: I will be putting together a networking/showcase event in March at a notable venue. I will be posting further details on www.facebook.com/girlsmakebeats. Message me if you'd like to be a part of or attend! More details TBA! GUYS are welcome to attend too! :)

Last edited:
I don't know that a female singing somebody else's song would qualify as much of anything. She certainly isn't a producer.

Back