Female Producers-GIRLS MAKE BEATS

If you are looking to encourage more girls to get into production then Future Producers is a good place to start as we have a very newbie friendly environment here, but it's also important that girls can find each other and share the things you in common.

I never got why female producers need to announce that they are female. Does anyone really care what the person who made the beat has between their legs? I know I don't I just want to like the beat.

I never got why female producers need to announce that they are female. Does anyone really care what the person who made the beat has between their legs? I know I don't I just want to like the beat.

It's easy to think like that from an unbiased male perspective, because gender doesn't matter to us, but there is a tradition of bias that goes way back (like look at how Delia Derbyshire was treated) and while these days it's more subtle a walk through any toy store should give you a fairly good indication that there is still a problem with preconceived notions of what girls should be doing, so I guess from the female perspective it's important for them to put out the word that it's OK for girls to break away from such notions.

Hi Xabition. You are absolutely right! Females should not "need to announce they are female." In a perfect world that would be the case but I'm assuming you have never experienced comments like "stay in the kitchen" or "you produce?!!! "You know how to use ProTools?!!(as their jaw drops). It is a fact that women are currently not prominently recognized as producers and audio engineers in the music industry and that's why it is my goal to help promote that! :)

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

It's easy to think like that from an unbiased male perspective, because gender doesn't matter to us, but there is a tradition of bias that goes way back (like look at how Delia Derbyshire was treated) and while these days it's more subtle a walk through any toy store should give you a fairly good indication that there is still a problem with preconceived notions of what girls should be doing, so I guess from the female perspective it's important for them to put out the word that it's OK for girls to break away from such notions.

Your exactly right! :) thank you hollandturbine! :)

There are so few of us, you have no idea what it's like to try to do something as a woman in a male-dominated field. I can pick up any mix magazine or go to any website and easily, EASILY, 9/10 people shown (actually working, not just modeling with equipment) are male. And while I brought that up, most women shown are eye candy to get you to buy that new guitar or preamp.

i see nothing wrong in trying to band together the few of us and seeing what everyone else is doing. Before I went and checked out Tiffany's profile/YouTube and other things, I had NO idea how other women were perceiving music or creating it.

I feel this will just fall on deaf ears. You can't understand unless you've been there.

I will be sure to check you out Sunil. I can't post any links just yet but will as soon as allowed to. Ultimately, it's all about the MUSIC! Best wishes to you too.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Sam, I'm glad we met and I look forward to hearing your material. Also, I have shirts and hats to promote GMB. I will send you one of each when I get them in. :)

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Sam, I'm glad we met and I look forward to hearing your material. Also, I have shirts and hats to promote GMB. I will send you one of each when I get them in. :)

I would love a shirt!
And I'm going to post some music soon!

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

well the ones who try to act hard like dudes and shit. you know the ones you aren't sure if they have a penis or not.

Some of those women are gay. Some are transgendered. Some identify as male. And some just like boy clothes. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Don't get caught up in labels. If an amazingly talented producer was a trans-man, would it make his work any less amazing?

if a woman chooses to dress like a boy and "act hard" then that's his/hers own choice.
you sound like one of those guys who hates gays but loves lesbians.

try to keep your mind open. This thread is about women who are in producing/beat making/ mixing. Not about how we identify sexually or genetically or socially. If a person identifies as a woman and is into producing and the such, she is more than welcome and I will personally friend request them and private message them. If a person identifies as a man (no matter what they have between their legs) then they don't have to join our Girls Make Beats coalition.

lets try to stay on topic now.

Love the way you think, Sam! And yes, moving forward with the original convo, I can't wait to see this build! :)

Thanks, Tiffany!
I love the tshirt and hat idea. I'd even be game for hoodies. I'm just so excited about this lol.
Glad fate put us together on this site :) it's great to meet a passionate producer/song writer/ musician like myself.

IF Y'ALL KNOW ANY LADIES ON HERE PLEASE DIRECT THEM THIS WAY!!

Yes! Please do! I will be doing a Girls Make Beats networking event in Miami soon! I'll keep you all posted!

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Thanks, Tiffany!
I love the tshirt and hat idea. I'd even be game for hoodies. I'm just so excited about this lol.
Glad fate put us together on this site :) it's great to meet a passionate producer/song writer/ musician like myself.

Likewise! :)

I will work on getting hoodies too. ;)

Girls seem to enjoy those toys for some reason though. If they didn't sell they would stop making them.

Hi Xabition. You are absolutely right! Females should not "need to announce they are female." In a perfect world that would be the case but I'm assuming you have never experienced comments like "stay in the kitchen" or "you produce?!!! "You know how to use ProTools?!!(as their jaw drops). It is a fact that women are currently not prominently recognized as producers and audio engineers in the music industry and that's why it is my goal to help promote that! :)
Perhaps but I look at it like the first time I heard Eminem rap. I didn't know he was white and by time I found out I didn't care. He's dope because he's dope. Being white just adds a different pov to his lyrics to me. I know a bunch of dope ass female producers online and have met more over the years. Hell there's a girl on YouTube named Beauty on the beat who's dope as hell. i don't care that she's female it actually just makes her videos more fun to watch because shes a good looking female. Idk most of the time when I see female producers I also see them with half their tits out and then getting mad when men don't want to hear their beats. Let us hear some material then accidently find out your female from my pov I guess. BTW are you the same Tiffany Miranda who was on YouTube a few years back with the Fantom? I think I remember something about that around 2006ish.
A producer is a producer. Get out there and showcase your material. My sincere best wishes are with you.

Please check my beat out on the following thread https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-receive-feedback/accordion-trap-beat-430645/

exactly

Yes, it is the same Tiffany. I've posted some newer vids on YouTube about production just recently. Will post links as soon as I'm allowed through the forum. The goal of "Girls Make Beats" is merely a positive environment for girl producers to connect with other creative females and also inspire more. That's all. All love and all positive! :)

Yes, it is the same Tiffany. I've posted some newer vids on YouTube about production just recently. Will post links as soon as I'm allowed through the forum. The goal of "Girls Make Beats" is merely a positive environment for girl producers to connect with other creative females and also inspire more. That's all. All love and all positive! :)

just get involved all through the forum and give some advice
this section has tons of newbies needing help

-Coach Antonio

Dope beats and attractive females making them? Can I watch lol

Back