Female Producers-GIRLS MAKE BEATS

Sadly, I feel like I do have to mention that I'm a girl because there are not a lot of us out there and that is why I have founded Girls Make Beats to help inspire, promote and unite female producers. :)

Artists that are branded as 100% Female Music Producers/Engineers are the toughest to find and to list. Glad you are making something happen with that.

Thanks Sam!

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I have a long road ahead of me and could use a lot of support, but i really have a vision for this! Thank you!

I'm confused.. What does your gender have to do with creating music? I know plenty of female producers and I judge them all by their music, nothing more - nothing less. Just as I would anybody else... Some are dope, some are trash.
I'm curious - what is the point of branding yourself as a "female producer"?

Perhaps I should start a thread seeking other producers whose favorite color is blue - or other personal attributes that have NOTHING to do with music.
Damn it's tough to find other producers who are vegan - ya feel me!?
Or maybe: [I'm seeking producers who are between 5'5" and 5'9"] would help evolve our music?

Manannan-Just curious, how many exactly do you know?! I'd like to reach out to them. And your thinking exactly how I'd like the industry to think eventually so kudos to you for keeping an open mind :)

the first major female hiphop producer will take the world by storm easy! whoever it is will be raking in the $$$

I'm confused.. What does your gender have to do with creating music? I know plenty of female producers and I judge them all by their music, nothing more - nothing less. Just as I would anybody else... Some are dope, some are trash.
I'm curious - what is the point of branding yourself as a "female producer"?

Perhaps I should start a thread seeking other producers whose favorite color is blue - or other personal attributes that have NOTHING to do with music.
Damn it's tough to find other producers who are vegan - ya feel me!?
Or maybe: [I'm seeking producers who are between 5'5" and 5'9"] would help evolve our music?

It's great you see them as they are, producers. Musical beings.
unfortunately most people don't see it like that. (See comments previous about how disgusting female rappers are). You haven't been discriminated against (at least for this reason). I have never been taken seriously as a musician, as a bassist, or as a beat-maker. People take one look at me and think "oh how cute she's playing with the big bass". When in reality I can play circles around anyone. As women our entire life is spent working twice as hard to get a fraction of the attention or credit we should be.

This project isn't about being pitiful or trying to get undeserved attention. I don't even like getting hit on seeing as I'm in serious relationship for 3 years now. But I digress, Girls Make Beats is just bringing our extremely small minority out there, and encouraging girls to make music and get involved in the music business despite it being 99% men.

why bring us down anyways? Why take time out of your day to come comment on a thread that has nothing to do with you. Like I said score, you don't really know what it's like until it happens to you.

We're all for supporters, but I have enough negativity in my life. If you're with us, Great! We love to have you! But if you don't believe in this, that's fine too, just don't get involved.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

the first major female hiphop producer will take the world by storm easy! whoever it is will be raking in the $$$

I know!!!
i cannot wait to see who it is. Hell, it may be me :) or Tiffany :) or Anyone of us here. We'll have to wait and see

Exactly how many? No idea, because again, I'm too busy listening to their music & not paying attention to anybody's gender etc..
But a few off the top of my head:

Links: -------------------------------------------Music:
kaykayonthebeatz#blogspot#com ------------ (www#youtube#com/watch?v=SG7HQbiH8Nk)
www#tokimonsta#com/ ---------------------- (www#youtube#com/watch?v=5y1X9c4Bo3s)
www#reverbnation#com/raynfemaleproducer -- (www#youtube#com/watch?v=d5Y518Fp_zM)
www#stonesthrow#com/georgia -------------- (www#youtube#com/watch?v=1Cle-uBRESY)

PS: Can't post links yet, so replace # with .

Last edited:
Well said Sam to your previous response to manannan! I guess he hadn't read the discussion as we addressed that already :) At the end of the day, everybody should have their time to shine! :)

I wouldn't say that is "plenty" but thanks for sharing. I will check them out!
Exactly how many? No idea, because again, I'm too busy listening to their music & not paying attention to anybody's gender etc..
But a few off the top of my head:

Links: -------------------------------------------Music:
kaykayonthebeatz#blogspot#com ------------ (www#youtube#com/watch?v=SG7HQbiH8Nk)
www#tokimonsta#com/ ---------------------- (www#youtube#com/watch?v=5y1X9c4Bo3s)
www#reverbnation#com/raynfemaleproducer -- (www#youtube#com/watch?v=d5Y518Fp_zM)
www#stonesthrow#com/georgia -------------- (www#youtube#com/watch?v=1Cle-uBRESY)

PS: Can't post links yet, so replace # with .

why bring us down anyways? Why take time out of your day to come comment on a thread that has nothing to do with you. Like I said score, you don't really know what it's like until it happens to you.

How is me asking a simple question "bringing you down"? I was certainly not bringing any negativity, so please don't read everything through your filter of hate. Also, saying your music is being discriminated upon due to you gender sounds like a bit of a cop-out to me. Welcome to the digital age where you can post your music without saying "I'm a female producer!" and nobody will be the wiser.
The only reason your going to get discriminated upon is if you advertise to everybody that you are a female - how else would anybody ever know.. or care?
Unless you are talking about showcasing your music live in person - in that case, I'm sorry to hear that people would discriminate you. That's foolish on their part.

Also, nobody has answered my question as to: What is the benefit of marketing yourself as a "Female Producer"? Again, not hating, just curious.
Wouldn't the truly non-discriminatory route be "Any gender beat makers!" Instead of "Females only!"
Because in this case, now you are discriminating against the male gender - which is just as ignorant as the opposing scenario.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that is "plenty" but thanks for sharing. I will check them out!
I had to manually type those out since FP won't let me post links yet.. Did you really think I should post more than four producers? Trust me, there are more.
What do you want, an almanac??
I said those were a few good ones off the top of my head, you can certainly do your own research - there are TONS of females out there bringing heat!
If you can't find them, and want to use your gender as some sort of crutch like there aren't tons of talented female producers out there - that's not my problem.

I had to manually type those out since FP won't let me post links yet.. Did you really think I should post more than four producers? Trust me, there are more.
I said those were a few good ones off the top of my head, you can certainly do your own research - there are TONS of females out there bringing heat!
If you can't find them, and want to use your gender as some sort of crutch like there aren't tons of talented female producers out there - that's not my problem.
Your posts definitely are leaning towards a negative direction so this is the last time I will reply to you directly or ANY negativity. I do not feel the need to "use (my) gender as some sort of crutch." I indeed agree that there probably are tons of talented female producers out there but they are not necessarily getting the attention they deserve and THAT is why I have founded a place for us to unite and inspire more women to dive into the production and engineering fields. This does NOT exclude men from supporting the cause and keeping an open mind. If you have not experienced what I have as a woman in the industry than you really cannot voice a sound opinion. All the best to you though, and by the way, next time click on a thread about vegan producers if that is what interests you!

well sir that's your folks you been here since Nov.2012 and only have 6 post you couldn't make 14 more posts to get up to 20 posts
you're not involved in the forum enough
which is your choice but it shouldn't take long to make 20 post you could do that in a day

in 30 mins or less really

-Coach Antonio

Cool site, lots of female producers out there (just not in the hiphop genre). Women are huge in genres such as : edm,classical,dnb,dubstep, lots of female sound designers and film scorers out there.

Tons of egos and negativity here, just brush it off.

Last edited:
Your posts definitely are leaning towards a negative direction so this is the last time I will reply to you directly or ANY negativity. I do not feel the need to "use (my) gender as some sort of crutch." I indeed agree that there probably are tons of talented female producers out there but they are not necessarily getting the attention they deserve and THAT is why I have founded a place for us to unite and inspire more women to dive into the production and engineering fields. This does NOT exclude men from supporting the cause and keeping an open mind. If you have not experienced what I have as a woman in the industry than you really cannot voice a sound opinion. All the best to you though, and by the way, next time click on a thread about vegan producers if that is what interests you!

great response!
just ignore him I suppose. Just a nobody. I believe in this cause and I know other women do too. I still love music, and I still love producing. If I let one person's negativity bring me down I'd never make it :)
i really hope that I can make beats and produce music and gender has no role. Hopefully I make it big! I'm in the right city to start.

best to all of the girls out there! There's no need to be worried. We're just as talented as any man. Don't let any deterr you away.

That's exactly right Sam! Keep up the hard work and you are bound to go far! I'm rooting for you! :)

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

I really normally would not feed into any negativity but just wanted to make it clear that I am trying to do something positive. Thanks for the reply and nice to meet you! :)

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Reply to @cyco

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

[/COLOR]I really normally would not feed into any negativity but just wanted to make it clear that I am trying to do something positive. Thanks for the reply and nice to meet you! :)[/QUOTE]

Back