F4F. Trying to make a hit here!!

Ness Lee

New User
This is my second project so the "hit" thing is kind of unrealistic haha. I know I am lacking some things. I specifically need help with the intro. My track is only 2 minutes long right now and i'm stuck on how to lengthen in. Im unfamiliar with this genre and I've done some research but you guys helped me out a lot last time I needed it. If you have some time please leave some feedback on what should happen. Thanks.

Last edited:
This genre lends itself well to having a lot of earcandy thrown into the mix, so, for example, you could introduce a sort've taster riff into your intro that hints at what's to come and maybe some white noise, or even some glitchy sidechained saws. The thing I'd really recommend is using a professional track as a point of reference and listening for what your track seems to be lacking.

For example, you've done a neat slidey saw drop after the vocal build, but you could do with a heavier drop after that point. Just as an example of a really well done track that will always go down well in a club, have a listen to this and maybe write down a few ideas to work into your own track:

Any feedback on my track would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
I think you got something good going. Seems like everything is compressed properly. It just has a tiny few flaws that I cant really put my finger on, but it seems like something is missing here and there. I know that's not helpful, I would listen to some of the other guys though, they have been listening to tracks for a while.

check out mine when you get a chance

wow, this is really dope. i'm not into techno whatsoever but this is really cool to hear.. nice remix, i would have used a gated kick but i guess thats a big diff between a techno and rap producer

nice work holmes

What do you mean 2nd project? This sounds awesome and it's definitely not your 2nd beat.

My opinion is: Too much reverb on the vocals and I would have preferred the synth a little louder. You may also consider throwing an eq on the master to boost the highs and take just a little off the low mids. I think this would make it sound a lot crispier.

feedback

I would have a kick in the intro half way through just to bring up the anticipation. Mix is pretty good although everything sounds close together so maybe a little more eqing on the layers. The idea is very good, but as they say if your specifically trying to make a hit it will never happen. Make the music because you love to do it.

Would love to get some feedback as well if you have time.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...e-feedback/man-sea-house-track-f4ff4f-466562/

Very good especially for a 2nd track... :hmmm: But yea it most definitely be a club hit. Production was well mixed.

What do you mean 2nd project? This sounds awesome and it's definitely not your 2nd beat.

My opinion is: Too much reverb on the vocals and I would have preferred the synth a little louder. You may also consider throwing an eq on the master to boost the highs and take just a little off the low mids. I think this would make it sound a lot crispier.

feedback

This is my second beat haha. Besides a couple beats i made using garageband on my iPhone. You actually helped me out a lot on my first beat and I will take your advice for this one too. Thanks. I didnt even think about EQing the master. Proof im a noobie. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Your mix is a little off, at least on my monitors. I would really really really love to hear those highs come out a little more around the 1:00 mark, somewhere in there. I do think you need to rework the intro, defo. Im not sure what your using as far as monitors or if you're just using comp speakers or what. You're almost there, there are some things you really need to grasp (mainly your mixdown in my opinion). If you decide to rework the intro and work on your mix, I would absolutely love to hear this again mate.

Your mix is a little off, at least on my monitors. I would really really really love to hear those highs come out a little more around the 1:00 mark, somewhere in there. I do think you need to rework the intro, defo. Im not sure what your using as far as monitors or if you're just using comp speakers or what. You're almost there, there are some things you really need to grasp (mainly your mixdown in my opinion). If you decide to rework the intro and work on your mix, I would absolutely love to hear this again mate.

Yea i'm using 10 dollar headphones. Im reworking the intro now and researching some tools for mixing. Thank you man!

this sounds great. i'd maybe try to find a better open hat sound or tweak this one, just to nitpick. the mix just needs some final touches

Back