Drake Says He Was First Person To Successfully Rap & Sing

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^you know how people like Lex Luger get credited for the style of music he used THAT A LARGE PORTION OF PEOPLE USED BEFORE HE BECAME POPULAR........but then he says "no one has done the type of style I did ever". But I could've shut him and a lot of people up with my four track cassettes from 93'. I had a song I wrote called Voo Doo..straight Lex Luger.....in 93'. I just can't prove it. People loved it because it was different..they couldn't believe WTF they were listening to lyrically and musically together. The tempo was just right to leave their high ass stuck. But it seems like people in 2006 can't prove it either..all of those Lex Luger beats on all of those beat selling sites...so you know what? Lex can have it since he spoke up and said it. It's a game show.

Self taught music theory messed me all up. I look at the keys on a keyboard differently. I need to go back to using sounds and using my keyboard as a percusssion instrument instead of seeing black and white keys. Another life changing experience for me right now in a strange way.

Last edited:
Lex Luger sound can be traced back to the 70s obviously with different drums. A couple of them Italian composers perfected that shit.

remember when people were calling each other hipsters for listening to shit. well dubstep happen to be one of those genres in the early 90's that influenced that. you ain't gonna find that shit then it was to underground they only played it at raves
There were pre-divergent styles that evolved into Dubstep but it's a bit of a stretch to say that Dubstep was a genre in the early 90's.

Success nowadays has a real delusional quality to it. Everyone wants to be historic w/o putting in the work to be exceptional enough to make history.

Man Drake ain't even the first half-black/jew singer to sing/rap successfully, Craig David has been doing it since 2000. Started out mcing with Artful Dodger and then started singing R&B ballads since 2000. A shame he has kind of fell off now, since Taio Cruz & Jay Sean aren't half the artist he is, whereas they are taking the UK game onwards and upwards success wise.

lauryn hill, ciara, missy elliot, ja rule, kanye, nelly, TLC, One chance, Nate Dogg, Pharell, Ludacris and Drake said what?.... aw ok -_-

aww yea and even though it was around the same time period i even think Wiz came out before him. i may be wrong tho ehh..

Last edited:
Big Mello, Z Ro, Big Moe, Nate Dogg.

**** Drake. I'm so sick of all this Drake horseshit.
Drake is trolling harder than 50 cent for plays.
He's a corp stooge.

Hmmm, what about The Roots? They always had some singer on some of their tracks, while rapping most of the time?

LOL they should do straight out Socca dance music mixed with pop songs. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back