Drake Says He Was First Person To Successfully Rap & Sing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Define successful, all the superficial things aside Saukrates, and K-OS could be considered successful. Those Mofos can sing!

Just throwing a couple more names in...hehe

He must have never heard of Kurtis Blow. The first rapper to sign a major record deal. Also the first rapper to have a single certified gold. And this was 30+ years ago before Aubrey Drake Graham was even a thought.

Lauryn Hill. . .
Missy Elliott. . .
Erykah Badu. . .
Andre 3000 (He has a DIAMOND Album for God's Sake) . . .

^He hasn't sold more albums than any of these people so I don't want to hear it.

I was about to say, nobody even mentioned Andre 3 Stacks yet, but kyng got it. Drake's not the first to do singing and rapping successfully. He brings his own flavor and style to it though. He's original enough that no one compares him to 3 stacks or Nelly or Ja rule, so good for him.

Everyone has already said: Missy, Andre 3k, Cee-Lo, Ja Rule, Nelly, Kanye, Lauryn Hill, Wyclef, Latifah, T-Pain, Bone Thugz, etc. etc. etc. BUT, what about Q-Tip, Mos Def, Pharell, J.Cole, Biz Markie, Slick Rick, Pharoahe Monch, Do or Die, Chamillionaire, Mike Jones, and R.I.P. to 2Pac, Biggie ("Playa Hater"), Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes and Nate Dogg! Is Drake unaware of the fact that his label mates Lil'Wayne and Nicki Minaj do the same thing? What more can I say?[h=2][/h]

Bobby Brown > Drake. I say Bobby because he was MORE SUCCESSFUL and consistently doing what Drake clams he the first doing. He owes Bobby Brown.....I mean he really owes Bobby. Bobby should let it be known.

Drake will never have as many classics.

Never ever ever.

^^^^Yep! Bobby needs to go in on him for that.

Another dude who was doing it.

JaRule gets dogged out.........but Drake gets a pass....he raps hardcore too. I liked JaRule's music.

How about.

Might have to find this CD. Classic album. Miss it.

Can't find Sweet Potato Pie but it's one of my favorite songs ever.

Edit: Wow......his album only went gold? WHAT? WOW!!!

Last edited:
Dubstep influenced this beat.....you can't tell me Dubstep didn't! Dubstep was just so popular that people just started taking pieces of it.

Last edited:
^^^^Early 90's huh? What dubstep song was popular in the early 90's? Serious question.

remember when people were calling each other hipsters for listening to shit. well dubstep happen to be one of those genres in the early 90's that influenced that. you ain't gonna find that shit then it was to underground they only played it at raves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back