Drake Says He Was First Person To Successfully Rap & Sing

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's right if you think about the context of having literally R & B quality songs on an album. This guy wrote records for alicia keys and jamie foxx, i cant think of any artist that has done it to that degree

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

like he said "a lot of artist have incorporated melody" but drake not only established himself as a good r & B songwriter, but also launch off the style of cats like The Weeknd

Singing with autotune and pitch correction isn't singing!

He's never heard of Lauren Hill then. Because I swear she used to rap and sing and was very, very successful with it before she disappeared.

^^^Lauryn and Wyclef above all. Ja Rule and Nelly were very influential as well. Queen Latifah? Missy Elliot? Kanye? T-Pain? Even Wayne unless I'm f**kin up the timeline(Lollipop was before Drake, right?)We'll be here forever naming reason's why he's wrong.

I get what he was trying to say, but no.

Last edited:
Like Troup was saying, he hasn't heard of Bone Thugs? Drake cites those guys AND Kanye as huge influences. So obviously he's lying or letting the success get to his head. I'm sure Ye has something to say about that with his God complex.

He's never heard of Lauren Hill then. Because I swear she used to rap and sing and was very, very successful with it before she disappeared.

Lauryn would slaughter Drake on the mic. Singing or rapping. Too bad she went cuckoo for cocoa puffs. What a waste of talent.

shit, you can even go back to whodini, doing it before this dude was even born. like he would know or give a shit though. hey where are all the FP drake fans? what, you're only here to b•tch when we call him a spoiled poser?

I'm rolling with my nigga Black Ty lol j/k

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

What about Full Force?

This light skinned rich heeb thinks...

He can say whatever he wants. It's bad enough he's some rich kid who says the N word...if some half-breed Jew came into my hood saying "nigga" he'd get his Israeli ass beat the shit up. Does he know he can't sing?

PM Dawn.... Were the first to do it in a manner similar to drake. Bone thugs... Too.. Pretty much if you took those two groups and threw in a lil Yeezy and Wayne..... And some down south swagger....... You got Drake... I hate it when folks say first...

Lauryn would slaughter Drake on the mic. Singing or rapping. Too bad she went cuckoo for cocoa puffs. What a waste of talent.
Lauren had the potential to change it all. She could spit with any mc and hold her own with Mary j. One of the saddest tales of an artists ever.

Plus I would not call what he does singing.... I remember wyclefs gone till November.... Wyclefs was not pitch perfect or pretty singer but ..he could sing all his songs live..... And it sounded exactly like it was recorded..... Do that drake..... Please do that .... We need to redefined the criteria for what it means to be a r and b singers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back