Dr Dre Ft Akon & Snoop Dogg - KUSH

Scott Storch his manager said on twitter that Storch produced this song.

I think the mix could be better, and if Dre releases this, it will be mixed better. It sounds too chaotic for a Dre single.

I'm afraid that it'll end up sounding like Crack A Bottle. Okay mix, okay drums, but not that mind-blowing drums with that crazy full mindrange.

Last edited:
wow, the final version of kush is amazing.. The mix is soo much better IMO, I could hear the diffrence right away.. I cant get enough of this song.. I soo wish it was summer so I could roll the windows down, light one up, turn the subs up and make EVERYBODY listen to this shit haha

This is not shaping up to be a classic..

Don't get me wrong the song is tight...but Dre used to make more than "tight" songs...
I won't be spinning songs like these ten years from now, where I can put 2001 on and rock like It's 1999

Akon? really?

I agree. If Dr. Dre is legend, he must live up to his name. This is just a typical banger anybody could make. Beat is average, so i'm not impressed. I can hear he's trying to bring his sound to a more "club" vibe atmosphere, in this track. But 10 years from now..this beat will be dead. It doesn't represent Dre. I suggest taking out Akon too.

[video=youtube;_qkP8SvHvaU&feature=related]video[/video]

How some people feel about Kush is how I felt about this.
[video=youtube;iPIF5y87_8U&feature=related]video[/video]

[video=youtube;PTFPvoNq-pM&feature=related]video[/video]

I experienced all of these. The new shit is hot. I'm probably the only person that thinks Akon added to this song. I'm far from an Akon fan, but he fits this song perfectly, IMO. Hell, I'm waiting to purchase my first Akon album because of this dope ass shit. This song feels great.

Last edited:
Thanks T. Prod, got it almost:

Gm, F, Am, F (x3), Gm (x2) for the main melody:

Do you know the little break down piano part?

I know the first chord is Eb

Last edited:
honestly, I was expecting something more special from dre, than this track.
it's cool though, but not worth a 10 year wait

I love all these kats saying this isnt hot. The beat is mixed very well. What are you haters talking about. So far I like both tracks from afertmath that I've heard.

Back