Dr Dre Ft Akon & Snoop Dogg - KUSH

This would be hotter had I not been waiting 10 years fot it.....

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

**** fresh sounds, everybody who does that sounds wack. be fresh otherwise.

This is a VERY IDIOTIC statement!

it's just stupid. piano is being used to create music since the 17th century, but only hip hop heads think it's old and wack, because they AREN'T CREATIVE ENOUGH. eat your wack synths.

I must admit myself the WAY he uses pianos in his beats has gotten pretty STALE! And by the way, Dre uses synths also. Trust me. :)

It's ok, but I agree that after 10 years of hype, it is not enough to blow me away.

I like it, its a grower. Not worth the 10 year wait and not really feeling akon either, snoops verse was tight. Hope theres better on the way

I suppose they wanted to go with a big name feature but the guy singing the other parts couldve done the hook. Or they couldve gotten Devin the Dude. Never mind me I just cant stand Akon lol

Poor Dre, hes releasing material but hes too scare to make it official. The negative comments will make him wait, than he'll drop another "sample" till people love it. Like Troup said, the creativity and the inspiration is not there anymore. If u hear something hot from Dre, it wont be produced by him.

This joint is hot. What are you guys listening to????

I knew this would happen. Y'all fools been waiting so long that nothing will be good enough when it finally does drop.

The Detox myth is too tainted. He needs to change the title of the album.

This isn't a Dr. Dre mix. This joint hasn't been mixed at all.

People expect Dr. Dre to make Jesus come out the speakers when he makes a song.

It's a good song. Leave it at that.

Song is dope anyway, I don't think it's a final mix.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

This joint hasn't been mixed at all.

People expect Dr. Dre to make Jesus come out the speakers when he makes a song.

agree :rofl:

I like this track. I need more than this to prove Detox exists though. To me, Detox is an alien, this song is a UFO sighting.

feel free to have your opinion. All I know : hip hop became wack as soon as they tried to be "innovative" (= use the uglyest patches you can find).
so, then Public enemy is dead , lil jon is dead and bad boy is dead ...you see these are people the tryed a new fresh sound .

this track here sounds like the stuff he was doing 10 years ago .
i believe were not mad that dre is using pianos .so,you may ask how should he use them ? try some fx's , ie flanger,dist. or try using the finger (Native Inst) .

i believe that dr dre miss his chance to blow up the since again by waiting too long , he is now doing what everyone else is doing ,if he was to drop his stuff 3-4 years ago before everyone on the west was using mute gtr.,pianos and what not . now,it looks like he just doing it to get it out of the way.

Last edited:
so, then Public enemy is dead , lil jon is dead and bad boy is dead ...you see these are people the tryed a new fresh sound .

this track here sounds like the stuff he was doing 10 years ago .
i believe were not mad that dre is using pianos .so,you may ask how should he use them ? try some fx's , ie flanger,dist. or try using the finger (Native Inst) .

no. this is exactly the mindstate I was talking about. you guys really think you can't be innovative on a piano without putting a flanger (lol) on it? especially in hip hop?

I never liked FORCED freshness. This is what it's all about now. Use the uglyest patches you can find, the strangest drum patterns you can create WITHOUT any concept, feeling, or REAL emotions behind it.

damn...I know its not mixed, or final or anything...but ten years man....so much to talk about....and its just another song about smoking weed?

i mean all time dre is a legend no doubt, and who knows if that will even be on the album - the beat was cool, but lyrically it was completely generic and forgettable. I understand a single's a single, but look at Kanye - I feel like his singles have dope production, but also great lyrics imo, that aren't completely generic for the most part... I dunno, I guess have to reserve judgment since "kush" may not be complete.

Last edited:
This is not shaping up to be a classic..

Don't get me wrong the song is tight...but Dre used to make more than "tight" songs...
I won't be spinning songs like these ten years from now, where I can put 2001 on and rock like It's 1999

I really thought Dre would be on some Hans Zimmer shit by now...something epic

Akon? really?

Scott Storch his manager said on twitter that Storch produced this song.

I think the mix could be better, and if Dre releases this, it will be mixed better. It sounds too chaotic for a Dre single.

Last edited:
Back