Dj Smuv's 13+ Laws Of Selling Beats

DO We Sticky This or Not ?

• Total voters
Be real with you self

I posted this in reply to another post , reread the original post and decided , this needed its own thread : Feel Free to add to it .
#1 Make REALLY HOT MUSIC
#2 See Rule #1
#3 Get Your Mix Game Straight so your shit sounds amazing .
#4 Create a "Brand" & an "Image" with a website to promote this
"Product" of yours .
#5 Make sure you have "Content" when they get there , something that will keep them interested after glossing thru your first 10 beats .
#6 Have Contact Info , Paypal , And any other means of payment you accept PROMINENTLY DISPLAYED on your site , we are human , therefore we are dumb as rocks UNLESS u spell it out for us .
#7 Promote this site of yours any and everyway you feasably can , and not just in PRODUCERS FORUMS --- WE DONT BUY BEATS < WE MAKE THEM , remember that .Twitter ,Soundclick , Youtube , Text Battle forums , man theres hundreds of sites with millions of OPPORTUNITIES for the hungry and clever .Dont get discouraged when you put out a few thousand messages and get a low return , Promotions online is a numbers game . (I sent out over ten thousand messages today alone)Theres tools for that and great places to use them (PROTIP:NOT HERE THO < YOULL GET CANNED !!!)
#8 Never Give up your publishing . EVER .EVAR !NO !!!
#9 The real world is where you make real money , and the internet can be an illusion , its really not what you think it is .That said a good place to start is at local studios , dj record pools , and open mic's . But Remember ; These Niggas on the come up is the same niggas draggin you along when they blow up.
#10 Get The ****in MONEY - Never Work Spec - In god you can trust , but all else should pay cash.
#11 HAVE SOME ****ING SELF RESPECT .If You are selling exclusives for $25 (CrackWhore Money) expect to be treated like a (CrackWhore) when your beat blows up nationwide by litunechi or gucci . Its Theirs , they bought it . **** Off (CrackWhore)
#12 Keep Your Contract Game On Point . Selling exclusives to More than One Party can get You and/or Someone else KILLED .This shit aint a game or a ****ing joke .Dont Treat It as one .DONT SELL MULTIPLE EXCLUSIVES. NO!
#13 Never Ever EVAR Pay to Play . This shits ALWAYS a Scam . If a Nigga says he can get you signed , just give him XxX$$ to sign up , Run , dont walk , away from these clowns .If somone is in a POWER position to help you , and they genuinely want to , they wont need your money to do it .

ChuuuCHH!
I agree with dj smuv. i just wanted to add, "be passionate and love what you do. If you do this, the money will follow".

Thanks for reading my post.
Peepthis

thanks-

this is the truth! make your beats hot n they'll sell themselves, and never trust somebody who'll take your money to sign you: you gotta be sayin "show MEEE the money!!"

The realest SH*! u Eva Wrote....

That is triple OG knowledge right there, I appreciate that motivation on that Email Marketing, i understand now it's a number game. I see u with the 13 laws, "mama there go that number AGAIN"!!!!

-13th Disciple

YEA I FEEL U ma nigga . true story. Lmfao at the crackwhore part btw lolllllllll

Last edited:
One thing. DON'T SPAM! Your a prime example of it Smuv lol, I'm getting loads of Soundclick notifications! PISS OFF WITH THAT SHIT. I'm not interested at the moment lol

one thing. Don't spam! Your a prime example of it smuv lol, i'm getting loads of soundclick notifications! Piss off with that shit. I'm not interested at the moment lol

(MC , this isnt directed to you whatsoever , dont take offense)

rule #14 make your own lane

not every smile is your friend , not everyone is in your corner . get your own
noone can take that from you .Figure out your own path and how to pursue it , and dont bite others cause it looks like the thing to do at the moment . be yourself .

Again MC, This is an Addendum to my 13+ not directed at you .

Last edited:
Please elaborate on that Target Group Density... hell I can look it up too...

Also, I think promotions is BOTH a numbers game AND a ***relationships game... build strong RELATIONSHIPS with all of your followers...

If people feel like they can connect with someone, it doesn't hurt...

target group density :
say i got 1000 people in my mailing list .
i send an update to them all .
maybe 100-200 open the email total .
this list has a ~10-20% denisity of openers
Now , say after sending out 4-5 or these messages
over a few weeks span we p[ut everone whos opened
these email's , say 400 people , into they own list ,
and skip the 1000 list and go straight for people whove bothered to open your email ,all 400
thats a 100% target group density
because the whole list is known to be at the very least interested enuff to open the email in the first place .
How dense is the list ? depends on who you are sending it to .
terget group density = the total number of the list diveded by the number of folks who opened it .
Total on list = T
Number of openers = O
Target group density =TGD
T/O=TGD

I get what you're sayin smuv, but...

It's not like it costs more money or even much longer to send the e-mail to everybody so what's the point of skipping out on them.

Same with twitter and youtube PM's. It's free and you can get programs to automate this sh*t, so why not?

All the mass messages or e-mails you send should be targeted, even if they are automated.. that is, you should build a list of people which might manifest interest into buying beats. Like.. emcees :))
By sending out messages to random people, you will just end up being marked as a spammer and that can get: your e-mail adress/host on spam blacklists, your youtube or social network account banned and so on. I wouldn't risk being banned on a fb account with thousands of friends or fans.

Back