Diplomas Have Any NO Value in the Film or Music Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, why are ya so worry whether a degree is important or not?

Do whatever you want to do.

It's proven that you can be successful with or without one.

Warner Bros Hiring. - No College diploma needed
This business is different - stop listening to these 'old folks' on here.

Manager, Synch Licensing

Manager, Synch Licensing at Warner Music Group in Greater Los Angeles Area - Job | LinkedIn

Director, Film & TV Music

Director, Film & TV Music at Warner Music Group in Los Angeles, CA - Job | LinkedIn

OTHER MUSIC BUSINESS RELATED COMPANIES - NO COLLEGE DEGREE NEEDED

Sales Associate

Sales Associate at Crucial Music in Greater Los Angeles Area - Job | LinkedIn

Director of Urban/Rhythmic A&R at Atlantic Records -NO COLLEGE DEGREE NEEDED

Director of Urban/Rhythmic A&R at Atlantic Records at Atantic Records (Warner Music Group) in Greater Los Angeles Area - Job | LinkedIn

These guys on here, will cause you too lose out on the many opportunities that are available.

It's all good Rome. Give them some time and they will figure it out.

Whats up with the Nipsey Hussle Remix? I can't get the acapella to sync. I may try later today.

The one I posted in this thread is off a little bit too, I figured it out yesterday... and started another one.

I'm going to wait until the weekend to finish it... so I can take my time on it.

Warner Bros Hiring. - No College diploma needed
This business is different - stop listening to these 'old folks' on here.

Manager, Synch Licensing

Manager, Synch Licensing at Warner Music Group in Greater Los Angeles Area - Job | LinkedIn

Director, Film & TV Music

Director, Film & TV Music at Warner Music Group in Los Angeles, CA - Job | LinkedIn

OTHER MUSIC BUSINESS RELATED COMPANIES - NO COLLEGE DEGREE NEEDED

Sales Associate

Sales Associate at Crucial Music in Greater Los Angeles Area - Job | LinkedIn

Director of Urban/Rhythmic A&R at Atlantic Records -NO COLLEGE DEGREE NEEDED

Director of Urban/Rhythmic A&R at Atlantic Records at Atantic Records (Warner Music Group) in Greater Los Angeles Area - Job | LinkedIn

These guys on here, will cause you too lose out on the many opportunities that are available.

I don't think its that the "Old guys" are arguing so much that you need an education in the music industry. I think we may just be advocating that you young guys get your education and do music too. Why can't you do both? Nothing wrong with anyone stating that. Also, we do realize that not everyone wants to go to college but it can open up opportunities.

Who told people that? Degrees are not evil.
Again the point is - You can make it in this Industry without one. That's it Period.
There are options.

Its that simple.

These 'old fart' heads have terrorized this thread so - that new people coming in see their names and assume that.
Degrees are not evil, but there are options out here. Simple.
Well of course you can make it without one but again telling someone to not get one because of it is irresponsible. There is nothing stopping someone from making it after they get a decent education. Hell get a degree in business and use that to make more money from your music. Get a degree in engineering and code some plug ins and get connections that way while making cool vsts on the side. A degree can only help you.

I don't think its that the "Old guys" are arguing so much that you need an education in the music industry. I think we may just be advocating that you young guys get your education and do music too. Why can't you do both? Nothing wrong with anyone stating that. Also, we do realize that not everyone wants to go to college but it can open up opportunities.

Kendall's attacks on fellow FP members are really making me not want to agree with him..

Problem: How do we educate our children to take their place in the economies of the 21st century? .. Given that we can't anticipate what the economy will look like at the end of next week.

Last edited:

It's just that Captain Obvious likes to make useless threads and start arguments over nothing.

He's argued about

people's age
people's music
people's jobs

all while telling people to stick to his useless topic, lol.

Their are people that immigrate here and don't get degrees and start successful businesses. Restaurants, cleaners, corner stores,etc... BUT! they all send their kids to college with the money.

I met a chick at night school that said she had a degree from the school and was working on her second one. I asked her why and she said her Dad pays and makes her go to school so she won't be hanging out around the house. She barely spoke English. Other people seem to know the value of "upping the odds" while other people like to play the "I ain homeless yet" lottery.

Last edited:

^^^CAN YOU REPEAT THIS SH!T RIGHT HERE FOR THOSE WHO STILL DON'T GET IT?

To FP,
Damn it do you here what the man is saying!? Do your music but get your education too. Someday you may want to move on from just producing records and switch to the executive side of the game...and the time you took to get a degree will have been well worth it. Yes there are people throughout the music and motion picture industry that don't have degrees we get it but for every Baby (Cash Money) or Eazy E there are a 1000 stories of failure. The question is do you have that type of grind in you? My guess is that neither Baby or Eazy would have spent so much time on a place like FP if it was available in their time. Why? They were too busy building their labels. Even the cats who built their labels off previous dope money...you don't build up that type of money without having one hell of a work ethic (illegal as it is). MF's bout that money are grinding in the streets not posting on a website. Now before it is stated...there will be some on FP but they are hanging out in the mixing, recording, marketing, studio design, etc...sections not spending their day arguing in the Hip Hop and R&B section about whether a degree is worth sh!t! That 2012 grind!

Even though they won't see it, I say to those cats good luck and stay focused.

Truth. Even pursuing a degree offers options. Internships and networking happen a lot in college. A lot of places only offer internships to people enrolled in college. So just by going to college you opened up another lane of revenue and a chance to get valuable work experience that otherwise wouldn't be available.

Put it simply college opens up many more options then it closes

Kendall reminds me of that MADMAN/Teacher/Lisa personality from awhile back.
He is that Mark Kenneth guy which is almost as bad. He was also Public Enemy #1 idk why he got banned but I am aware that he is a repeat. This is the same kinda stuff he would say before if I remember correctly.

It's just that Captain Obvious likes to make useless threads and start arguments over nothing.

He's argued about

people's age
people's music
people's jobs

all while telling people to stick to his useless topic, lol.

Their are people that immigrate here and don't get degrees and start successful businesses. Restaurants, cleaners, corner stores,etc... BUT! they all send their kids to college with the money.

I met a chick at night school that said she had a degree from the school and was working on her second one. I asked her why and she said her Dad pays and makes her go to school so she won't be hanging out around the house. She barely spoke English. Other people seem to know the value of "upping the odds" while other people like to play the "I ain homeless yet" lottery.

That's why Afrikans and other immigrants come to America and look down on blacks here. Our ghetto don't compare to their living environment. When they get here, their parents number one goal is to have their kids get a college education and they sacrifice everything to get them to achieve it. Now there are other dynamics that play into why we think like we do but that's way too much to talk about.

He is that Mark Kenneth guy which is almost as bad. He was also Public Enemy #1 idk why he got banned but I am aware that he is a repeat. This is the same kinda stuff he would say before if I remember correctly.

word. buncha news articles & shit.

pseudo-"out-of-the-box" shit, convincing people to go a different route than what's popular, etc

Last edited:

Figures.

... more dumb threads on the way.

Please ignore this Kendall fool.

Last edited:
Who the hell is Mark Kenneth? Is this what yall do when you get proven wrong?
Character assassination because I brought facts to the forum. Sound like what people do in Politics.

Last edited:

This is normally what happens when you defend your views the way you have.

I was accused of the same thing a while ago.

** Anyone actually interested in this topic should go back to the previous page and watch the video I posted.

Last edited:
LOL this thread is getting so out of hand. People talking shit to each other with no clue who the other person actually is. If Kanye West was on this site, do you think he would tell anyone? Probably not. Do you think he would be the arrogant, egotistical guy he always is? Probably so. This place is turning into a cesspool of mediocrity.

I mean, 40+ pages of GROWN ASS MEN arguing about who's right. There is no 1 right path in life. Otherwise everyone would do the same shit.

Last edited:
Character assassination because I brought facts to the forum. Sound like what people do in Politics.

Moderator 1 Troll 0. Not a good idea to try to win these debates with a moderator I can look up all sorts of things.

Attachments

• Mod 1 Troll 0.jpg
    Mod 1 Troll 0.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 45
This is normally what happens when you defend your views the way you have.

I was accused of the same thing a while ago.

** Anyone actually interested in this topic should go back to the previous page and watch the video I posted.
Naw I looked it up last night and left it alone. I don't have a problem with the guy he has an opinion and I disagree with it its his own life to screw up. I only looked it up because I thought it was JamesRRTT. He got banned a few days ago for the stuff he said about CuzinQ's dead mother (I did not ban him another mod did) and was wilding on my twitter feed and facebook page and sending me 15 emails about it before I even knew what had happened. I assumed he would come here saying this kinda stuff and saw otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back