Diplomas Have Any NO Value in the Film or Music Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are NOT internships, They are 'paid position' with benefits.
Again, the point is - you can enter this business- work hard - and have a career.

That's It. Keep all the other stuff.

These guys are 'too complex' on here.
K.I.S.S. - Keep it simple stupid. Just a metaphor not a personal attack.

Warner Bros Hiring. - No College diploma needed
This business is different - stop listening to these 'old folks' on here.

Manager, Synch Licensing

Manager, Synch Licensing at Warner Music Group in Greater Los Angeles Area - Job | LinkedIn

Director, Film & TV Music

Director, Film & TV Music at Warner Music Group in Los Angeles, CA - Job | LinkedIn

OTHER MUSIC BUSINESS RELATED COMPANIES - NO COLLEGE DEGREE NEEDED

Sales Associate

Sales Associate at Crucial Music in Greater Los Angeles Area - Job | LinkedIn

Director of Urban/Rhythmic A&R at Atlantic Records -NO COLLEGE DEGREE NEEDED

Director of Urban/Rhythmic A&R at Atlantic Records at Atantic Records (Warner Music Group) in Greater Los Angeles Area - Job | LinkedIn

These guys on here, will cause you too lose out on the many opportunities that are available.

Last edited:
@Kendall

Re-read what I just posted. Yes the job postings do NOT require a degree but the EXPERIENCE that is required to get those jobs are mostly acquired through internships as a way to get your foot into the door. And those internships usually require you to be a college student. Very simple, not complicated at all.

Do you understand or are you more interested in 'proving a point'?

Now how many people on this board have the prior experience (that is MANDATORY) in one of those job postings?

Last edited:
@Kendall

Re-read what I just posted. Yes the job postings do NOT require a degree but the EXPERIENCE that is required to get those jobs are mostly acquired through internships as a way to get your foot into the door. And those internships usually require you to be a college student. Very simple, not complicated at all.

Do you understand or are you more interested in 'proving a point'?

Now how many people on this board have the prior experience (that is MANDATORY) in one of those job postings?

This is not true. All Interships do not require a college degree.
A lot of internships are built on relationships. HELLO INTERNSHIP - DUH!

I Have countless people who have done this with no degree. I keep telling you 'old people' this is a new day.
Social media and information is key to thriving. Not the old way of thinking.

Stop making this bigger than what it is. FACT - THESE JOBS ARE HERE!
This logic of yours is old - 20th century thinking.

Last edited:
This is not true. All Interships do not require a college degree.
A lot of internships are built on relationships.

I Have countless people who have done this with no degree. I keep telling you 'old people' this is a new day.
Social media and information is key to thriving. Not the old way of thinking.

Stop making this bigger than what it is. FACT - THESE JOBS ARE HERE!
This logic of yours is old - 20th century thinking.

Ok I've said what I had to say.

you're going up against a brickwall man

You guys are the Brickwall -

The brickwall of keeping these kids from Thinking Forward.

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

@Kendall

See, this is what I am talking about. YOU don't know who reads this board and what they are capable of.
Just negative, dumb and irresponsible to say this sentence.

Here's another for ya.
It's the 21TH Century.

Stop with these 'old ass' ways of thinking. THINK FORWARD!

USANEWS.com - Degrees Are Great, but Internships Make a Difference

Degrees Are Great, but Internships Make a Difference - US News and World Report

Last edited:

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

See, this is what I am talking about. YOU don't know who reads this board and what they are capable of.

Here's another for ya.
It's the 21TH Century.

The kids that wanna 'Win' care....
THAT'S WHO CARES!

You 'old guys' in here are a piece of work!
Makes me embarrassed that you came up in the same generation as I did.

Stuck in a old format.

Last edited:

Here's another for ya.
It's the 21TH Century.

You do realize that you kinda defeat your own points at times?

The kids that wanna 'Win' care....
THAT'S WHO CARES!

You 'old guys' in here are a piece of work!
Makes me embarrassed that you came up in the same generation as I did.

Stuck in a old format.

Your only audience is the kid that wants to be lazy, and do as little work as possible.

And again...you have ZERO credibility. NONE.

I have a degree and make plenty of money with it, and have had business with all of the major labels.

You are telling people don't go to school, to be like you, but yet you can't even prove what not having a degree has done for you.

You're just making yourself look bad.

Your only audience is the kid that wants to be lazy, and do as little work as possible.

And again...you have ZERO credibility. NONE.

I have a degree and make plenty of money with it, and have had business with all of the major labels.

You are telling people don't go to school, to be like you, but yet you can't even prove what not having a degree has done for you.

You're just making yourself look bad.

A real man doesn't have to prove himself - No need for the background on you. I simply don't care!

Your old ,bitter, mad that you didn't fully achieve your dreams when you wanted.

Now you shittin on new information that youngstas will use and pass your ass up in (2) yrs with.

Those job links are the credibility. lol

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

You do realize that you kinda defeat your own points at times?

Not at all. If you read between the lines you will see that times have changed .
A piece of paper is not enough. But of course you can't see that
cause you want to prove me wrong so bad. lol

You didn't read the article - Times have changed
Now I kinda see how FP ran off Bangladesh.

Last edited:
Why has the trend as of late here been to drop out of school and attempt to make it with music? I am not saying don't try to make money with music but what I am saying is that even a 2 year degree only takes 2 years to get and you can work on music while you do so. You will be done with school completely by 20-21 if you do it right after high school and go hard at music. If it doesn't work out or if something bad happens to where you cannot do music anymore then you will have a backup plan. Telling people to not worry about school or degrees is irresponsible especially when there is a high probability that you will not make it. You might get a placement here or there and make a few gs a year doing music but nothing is stopping you from doing both except for laziness.

Telling people to not worry about school or degrees is irresponsible especially when there is a high probability that you will not make it. You might get a placement here or there and make a few gs a year doing music but nothing is stopping you from doing both except for laziness.

Who told people that? Degrees are not evil.
Again the point is - You can make it in this Industry without one. That's it Period.
There are options.

Its that simple.

These 'old fart' heads have terrorized this thread so - that new people coming in see their names and assume that.
Degrees are not evil, but there are options out here. Simple.

Last edited:
A real man doesn't have to prove himself - No need for the background on you. I simply don't care!

Your old ,bitter, mad that you didn't fully achieve your dreams when you wanted.

Now you shittin on new information that youngstas will use and pass your ass up in (2) yrs with.

Those job links are the credibility. lol

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Not at all. If you between the lines you will see that times have changed .
A piece of paper is not enough. But of course you can't see that
cause you want to prove me wrong so bad. lol

You didn't read the article - Times have changed
Now I kinda see how FP ran off Bangladesh.

exactly. I could say the same of you. I'm just saying a lot and I mean a lot of positions in this music industry you're going to need a degree or either a helluva lot of experience to make up for lack of a degree. And it would be smarter to have one than not. Imagine if you start a label. You do good. Make a little money and then boom, You fall off and the label goes under.

Who would have more options from that point? The guy who never went to college or the guy who grabbed a degree in business? The fact that times have changed is true and it's not in favor of those without a degree. Many places won't even look at your application once they see that the only education on it is high school

Why has the trend as of late here been to drop out of school and attempt to make it with music? I am not saying don't try to make money with music but what I am saying is that even a 2 year degree only takes 2 years to get and you can work on music while you do so. You will be done with school completely by 20-21 if you do it right after high school and go hard at music. If it doesn't work out or if something bad happens to where you cannot do music anymore then you will have a backup plan. Telling people to not worry about school or degrees is irresponsible especially when there is a high probability that you will not make it. You might get a placement here or there and make a few gs a year doing music but nothing is stopping you from doing both except for laziness.

^^^CAN YOU REPEAT THIS SH!T RIGHT HERE FOR THOSE WHO STILL DON'T GET IT?

To FP,
Damn it do you here what the man is saying!? Do your music but get your education too. Someday you may want to move on from just producing records and switch to the executive side of the game...and the time you took to get a degree will have been well worth it. Yes there are people throughout the music and motion picture industry that don't have degrees we get it but for every Baby (Cash Money) or Eazy E there are a 1000 stories of failure. The question is do you have that type of grind in you? My guess is that neither Baby or Eazy would have spent so much time on a place like FP if it was available in their time. Why? They were too busy building their labels. Even the cats who built their labels off previous dope money...you don't build up that type of money without having one hell of a work ethic (illegal as it is). MF's bout that money are grinding in the streets not posting on a website. Now before it is stated...there will be some on FP but they are hanging out in the mixing, recording, marketing, studio design, etc...sections not spending their day arguing in the Hip Hop and R&B section about whether a degree is worth sh!t! That 2012 grind!

Even though they won't see it, I say to those cats good luck and stay focused.

Last edited:
You made your point days ago Kendall..

A degree/diploma isn't necessary.

I agree, and I'm not the only one.

Personally, I'm all for an all out education system reform, but that's a topic for another thread.

By the way a 2 year degree can get you in position to make around a $100,000 a year. Give or take $10,000!

Go see your a counselor at any Junior College and ask about a 2 year degree in Electronics. While manufacturing is shrinking if you can get in you will have the opportunity to make a great wage. Not an imaginary make it rain at the strip club salary but one that will provide you with a very good living AND you can still do music and get checks from that too if you choose to continue to pursue it. No one says you have to give up your goal/ dream of music.

lol, why are ya so worry whether a degree is important or not?

Do whatever you want to do.

It's proven that you can be successful with or without one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back