Did PolowDaDon really produced "John (If I Die Today) by Lil Wayne?

The actual beat was made by a guy named Ayotheproducer. I've swapped drums with him before and he is usually on ustream. On the video version in the beginning you can clearly hear his tag "AYOO!!" lol. But as far as producing the song i guess polow must have been in the actual studio directing things.

listen here:

If Polow really produced that, then I am sooooo disappointed. It's a cool beat but nowhere near the standard for Polow (who is my favorite producer).

wikipedia is a very unreliable source of information. for example, polow da don produced the pussycat dolls song "buttons" but i was reading in a vibe magazine that Rodney Jerkins produced it

sounds like an altered version of bmf lolsmh. Infact...every trap beat sounds somehow like bmf..

Last edited:
To me that beat hardly sounds like Lex Luger...its jus too damn clean to be Lex
Everything about it jus sounds different from how Lex does his beats
And I dont think it sounds anything like BMF...jus the chord progression is the same but its still played differently

The beginning of that chord progression which is a staple trap music today

The beginning of the whole transposing the whole melody after 4 bars another staple

The beginning of the whole offset fast hi hats another staple

Bmf, john, every trap beat you hear today all originated from Shawty Redd...

Last edited:
This is a prime example how producers get raped in this game. - So sad

So this track is produced by Ayyo, polow, and rob holladay ????? ive even heard young berg was a writer in the credits as well. So you telling me this was a 4 person collaboration ??? CUT IT OUT! I bet it was ayyo by hisself

Whats up guys, I met ayooo networkin at a local show here in Orlando that my boys were performing at, and its the real deal he totally produced that it, hes just a 19 year old kid killing it right now, they gave him a special shout out and all that for producing John...pretty cool.

But anybody else listed as the producer prolly had a part after the making of the beat and in the structuring of the song, mixing, and all that...thats my opinion anyway haha

Back