Cornyest Rapper Out?

at least 75% of rappers are trying to rap about ******* and money and nothing else, using the word "swag" way too much over poorly done fruityloops beats. i'm not talking about people who have exposure but go on soundcloud or soundclick or whatever and that's what the majority is. i agree that lil b is wack though.

you're pretty ignorant the video i just posted about lil b does not have the word swag in it. please go and educate yourself about him and get to know his actaull music before talking shit.

Last edited:
you're pretty ignorant the video i just posted about lil b does not have the word swag in it. please go and educate yourself about him and get to know his actaull music before talking shit.
my post said that lil b is not one of those rappers, you read it wrong. i was responding to the dude who said lil b is not more lyrical than 75% of rappers, to which i said he is (in that he isn't a generic soulja boy wanna be), but i am not a fan. and i don't understand where you got "ignorant" from, your random use of the word makes you look ignorant.

Last edited:

Swag Rap>>>>>>Conscious Rap yeah I said it.........

As for Macklemore I respect the movement and the uplifting songs but it's not stuff I'd personally listen to more than once..

Last edited:
ya swag rap is better than conscious rap, i like rap about guns, drugs, armed robbery, beating people up etc. better than anything common mos def or talib kweli has ever done. i'm not interested in hearing another "i got the 26s, i'll buy you gucci girl, got my 8 chains" song over a generic beat though.

Last edited:
Mixed concept, not my type of music and i listen to all types but his style doesn't grab me. The production is nice as hell tho, cant knock that and funny enough I've seen cornier artist that didn't even have a message in the raps at least you could hear some type of positive message but 5/10 for production.

Young Tex:" Swag Rap>>>>>>Conscious Rap yeah I said it........."

I think you mean it makes way more money than Conscious Rap, and if that's your criteria fine. But Talib, Mos, or Lupe would slay that cat on any given day.

Young Tex:" Swag Rap>>>>>>Conscious Rap yeah I said it........."

I think you mean it makes way more money than Conscious Rap, and if that's your criteria fine. But Talib, Mos, or Lupe would slay that cat on any given day.
Naw I'm just joking around lol. I don't take lil b serious its just fun music to listen to sometimes that's all.

Naw I'm just joking around lol. I don't take lil b serious its just fun music to listen to sometimes that's all.

the thing with lil b is that he doesn't promote his more serious conscious raps for some reason, he lets that shit stay underground and promotes his swag raps which in turn really starts to aggravates me but i just let it go because it goes to show the people aren't interested in the artist only their music

my post said that lil b is not one of those rappers, you read it wrong. i was responding to the dude who said lil b is not more lyrical than 75% of rappers, to which i said he is (in that he isn't a generic soulja boy wanna be), but i am not a fan. and i don't understand where you got "ignorant" from, your random use of the word makes you look ignorant.

this in turn is my fault, i'm sorry. next time use quotes as to not make the dialogue confusing

saying mac miller is better might have been too far, but at least he has this song:

(and i actually like it more then the original because i think the song dose better without a chorus)

saying mac miller is better might have been too far, but at least he has this song:

(and i actually like it more then the original because i think the song dose better without a chorus)

Wrong thread. Backpack cats with ill beats don't count, it's like calling De La Soul nerds!

Last edited:
3 FEET HIGH AND RISING was a classic... but nobody ever brings it up.

They made everybody else want to have skits.

I wonder what F_or_Deaf thinks....

i'd have to make a video about it, honestly...topics as controversial as this one can't be effectively summarized & thoroughly addressed in a thread.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

it's not stuff I'd personally listen to more than once..

7char
7char

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

but what i WILL say is that SEATTLE can NEVER have a "hood" rapper as the POSTER-CHILD...because SEATTLE isn't a "hood" city...

SURE - "hood" shit happens DAILY in SEATTLE - but nobody will ACCEPT a "HOOD" rapper from a city that IS NOT "hood".

SEATTLE isn't a "swag" city...not to put SEATTLE on blast, but damn near everything we do here was STARTED somewhere else:

gang / banging / set trippin' / representin' - came from CALIFORNIA (RED & BLUE) - (BLACK) came from ILLINOIS...we didn't START that.

G-RIDES / SCRAPERS - again, ORIGINATED in CALI.

"SWAG"...nope, we didn't START that, either.

HIP-HOP - ...SAME THING...came from SOMEWHERE ELSE...New York.

damn near EVERYTHING Seattle DOES was started somewhere else.

which brings me to my next point -

since we don't START anything - nobody can take us SERIOUSLY...

WHY don't they take SEATTLE seriously???

BECAUSE it's a WHITE CITY that doesn't START anything

so...that leaves us with the next point.

since we don't START anything and since it's a WHITE city, all we can do is provide the best of what a UNORIGINAL WHITE CITY can offer:

a WHITE RAPPER from a WHITE CITY that gives white people what they can relate to on a massive scale...an UBER-COOL, laid-back, non-violent, family-friendly, generally accepted by black people rapper from a technically advanced city, that has a heavy LA / NY influence.

in other words, HE'S THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.

white enough to be still accepted by the white masses, and just "black" enough to be accepted by the white masses.

FOR EXAMPLE...

i'll throw two examples into my spiel -

GRYNCH and AVATAR...two other white rappers -

see...

GRYNCH is TOO WHITE / NOT "BLACK" enough to appeal to the white masses.

AVATAR is TOO BLACK / NOT "WHITE" enough to appeal to the white masses.

MACKLEMORE is "WHITE" ENOUGH because of his sound, style, affiliations, and music topisc AND "BLACK" ENOUGH due to his sound, style, affiliations, and music topics.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

I wonder what F_or_Deaf thinks....

i hope my answer lived up to your expectations, sir.

thank you for the inquiry
:cheers:

i'd have to make a video about it, honestly...topics as controversial as this one can't be effectively summarized & thoroughly addressed in a thread.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

7char
7char

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

but what i WILL say is that SEATTLE can NEVER have a "hood" rapper as the POSTER-CHILD...because SEATTLE isn't a "hood" city...

SURE - "hood" shit happens DAILY in SEATTLE - but nobody will ACCEPT a "HOOD" rapper from a city that IS NOT "hood".

SEATTLE isn't a "swag" city...not to put SEATTLE on blast, but damn near everything we do here was STARTED somewhere else:

gang / banging / set trippin' / representin' - came from CALIFORNIA (RED & BLUE) - (BLACK) came from ILLINOIS...we didn't START that.

G-RIDES / SCRAPERS - again, ORIGINATED in CALI.

"SWAG"...nope, we didn't START that, either.

HIP-HOP - ...SAME THING...came from SOMEWHERE ELSE...New York.

damn near EVERYTHING Seattle DOES was started somewhere else.

which brings me to my next point -

since we don't START anything - nobody can take us SERIOUSLY...

WHY don't they take SEATTLE seriously???

BECAUSE it's a WHITE CITY that doesn't START anything

so...that leaves us with the next point.

since we don't START anything and since it's a WHITE city, all we can do is provide the best of what a UNORIGINAL WHITE CITY can offer:

a WHITE RAPPER from a WHITE CITY that gives white people what they can relate to on a massive scale...an UBER-COOL, laid-back, non-violent, family-friendly, generally accepted by black people rapper from a technically advanced city, that has a heavy LA / NY influence.

in other words, HE'S THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.

white enough to be still accepted by the white masses, and just "black" enough to be accepted by the white masses.

FOR EXAMPLE...

i'll throw two examples into my spiel -

GRYNCH and AVATAR...two other white rappers -

see...

GRYNCH is TOO WHITE / NOT "BLACK" enough to appeal to the white masses.

AVATAR is TOO BLACK / NOT "WHITE" enough to appeal to the white masses.

MACKLEMORE is "WHITE" ENOUGH because of his sound, style, affiliations, and music topisc AND "BLACK" ENOUGH due to his sound, style, affiliations, and music topics.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

i hope my answer lived up to your expectations, sir.

thank you for the inquiry
:cheers:

This post makes no sense but also makes perfect sense at the exact same time.

This thread proved to me I'm good not listening to FPers opinions. Anyone who doesn't think this guy is wacksauce should be from seattle and suburban. You get a pass, because you're not the hip hop demographic.

If you're a fan of Nas, Pac, Big, Mobb, Jay, even Lil Wayne and give this guy a pass....your ears are failing you.

Mind you, i listen to alot of way out stuff from tons of genres. But this is supposed to be hip hop? I guess somebody hat to buy all those Vanilla Ice and Will Smith(not Fresh Prince, Will Smith) albums too.

I betta not see anyone who cosigned this dude calling Wayne, Ross, or even Soulja boy and Lil b wack!

Last edited:
probably one of the first times I've disagreed with deranged on an opinion. and as another seattle dude id be curious about f or deafs opinion on nacho picasso/moor gang considering we know a few mutual artists (ray shinez, swag camp etc.)

Back