Cornyest Rapper Out?

Makes this area look bad imo.

Not saying we need some super thug to represent Seattle but at least somebody not so left field.

He's safe to invite to a radio studio so they play him up. They think everybody else will steal their microphones and rob them at gunpoint.

He mostly makes tribute songs about things around Seattle. I ain't mad at him though. Find what works and do that.

Last edited:
he's OK, not gonna be a fan, but at least he's sincere and grounded. but yea lol the damn dude takes more breaths than e40 or big pun but raps half the speed.

Makes this area look bad imo.

Not saying we need some super thug to represent Seattle but at least somebody not so left field.

He's safe to invite to a radio studio so they play him up. They think everybody else will steal their microphones and rob them at gunpoint.

He mostly makes tribute songs about things around Seattle. I ain't mad at him though. Find what works and do that.

lmao!!!

the song is good, I don't have a problem with his voice.. he's not cussing and the song isn't about money,jewels,or drugs,liquor
and the song is what ppl see as positive.

Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

I dont get why yall mad at him lmao.

he's not even corny.

i came in expecting some lil b type guy lol.

his shit is positive, and he has a good voice.

it seem like yall mad cuz he white and gettin so much attention.

the only thing i noticed when i first listend was it seem like his flow wasnt rhyming at first, but i had to get use to his flow switches and i caught on to it.

he's actually really good, yall niggas trippin.

Last edited by a moderator:
this was playing on mainstream radio stations A LOT a few months back here in the UK, plus a few tv adverts used the song.

not a fan, but if hes music reaches another country like that then thats something to congratulate him on.

No, seriously, lol.

Any other rap artist that makes it onto their radar... they send people out to the field to interview them and then you'll hear edited clips of the interview.

One station does let rappers come to the studio but only dudes like the guy in this thread and Baby Bash.

People believe in stereotypes here... if you get in trouble, you can't go to trial. You have to take the plea or you're going down!

I've told my jury duty story on here a few times where when we went in the deliberation room the first thing that was said was "He looked like he did it, look at his ponytail..."... and everybody else agreed. Some of 'em said "I don't care if he's guilty, guilty vote from me...."

Again, I ain't mad at Macklemore though... he knows the pulse of this area and they have a lot of music events and he's at all of 'em.

I don't care that he's white... he's just not that impressive to me.

He raps for a living though and I do taxes.

Last edited:
why is that dude still breathing ?

A baseball announcer passed away and by the end of the day Macklemore had a song about him and posted it on the internet.

The next day the song was on every local news station, Macklemore was being interviewed by every radio station, people were asking where they could get the song. Macklemore was being booked for upcoming shows... he said he went to Seattle Mariners games as a kid.

He did something else along those lines too.... same thing happened, lol.

I can't say he's dumb. He's kind of smart.

Most local artists only make tribute songs to their sports team if they are in the playoffs. Macklemore takes different angles.

I've only heard 2 songs by him.

Last edited:
I don't think this is corny. Really got the community on his back too. It's iight, wouldn't download or anything though, but he cool.

Really got the community on his back too.

This is a true statement.

You should've heard the people rave about the song about the baseball announcer.... you would think they were talking to Prince or somebody.

I'm pretty sure he's actually eating off of his music. Everytime I open the local entertainment paper... he's in it with an upcoming show.... and he's always somewhere near the headliner spot. Only NAMED artist have him as the opener.

Last edited:
Back