Cornyest Rapper Out?

^^^Are you from Seattle and suburban(no diss on being suburban, my kids will be full blooded suburbanites)? If so, it's okay for you to like this dude, lol. I just said that. It's like i can't picture someone being from Cleveland and not liking MGK period...unless there's a lil hate in their blood. That's hometeam advantage. And MGK reps Cleveland well. I don't think he's that good, but a fair representation of Cleveland.

Difference is, if u from Seattle and "not suburban", I'd hope you see how badly this guy is repping for you and how he's blacking your entire hip hop scene's eye with this corny crap.

Last edited:
^^^Are you from Seattle and suburban(no diss on being suburban, my kids will be full blooded suburbanites)? If so, it's okay for you to like this dude, lol. I just said that. It's like i can't picture someone being from Cleveland and not liking MGK period...unless there's a lil hate in their blood. That's hometeam advantage. And MGK reps Cleveland well. I don't think he's that good, but a fair representation of Cleveland.

Difference is, if u from Seattle and "not suburban", I'd hope you see how badly this guy is repping for you and how he's blacking your entire hip hop scene's eye with this corny crap.

oh trust me I'm not backing him up at all on some fanboy ish. i mean, I'm from seattle so i grew up with mackelmore being a common name mentioned in local hip hop discussions, so i just find it interesting to hear other people's opinions on dude. i really don't dislike him nor am i a fan of him (I'm also fairly intoxicated woo), but I mean i don't think his demographic is necessarily the same as the most popular or up and coming rappers. He's doing what he does, but i wouldn't direct people immediately to him who ask me about seattles local scene. i unno mayne. i wouldn't write him off as the wackest ever nor would i say he is the embodiment of seattle hip hop, I would only point to him as a genuine guy who is pretty nice to the people he meets and stays in his lane regardless of whether or not it is necessarily considered mainstream rap or even hip hop in general. but yeah, he's a fairly polarizing figure in seattle, as I've said before, and i understand why.

Last edited:
I don't think he's the wackest rapper ever. But overall, pretty wack. Just my opinions.

I get his demographic, it's just an isolated demographic from what I've seen. Everyone from Pitbull to Canibus to Lil B to Paris Hilton(as a musician)have a fanbase...it's just interesting where the fans are based.

I can't understand anyone f**king with this dude feeling comfortable saying any rapper is wack...unless you're from Seattle and have the hometown Heebie geebies.

I was born in Raleigh NC. I gotta root for the Carolina Panthers, so trust me, this is a subject I know well. And Cam Newton is the best quarterback in the league right now! And we have one of the best defences, Superbowl this year, BABY!!! And the Hornets been wack since they left Charlotte!

Anyone who's not affiliated with the Carolinas thinks I just lost my mind, anyone who is agrees with me completely. :cheers:

if u from Seattle and "not suburban", I'd hope you see how badly this guy is repping for you and how he's blacking your entire hip hop scene's eye with this corny crap

deRaNaged in the BUILDING...

SIR - i'm SO GLAD you made that statement...because it's 100% unbiased TRUTH.

see...the politics out here (and in GENERAL) got cats puttin' Macklemore on a level he is FAR FROM ... and that's REAL SPIT...

i never really play the "REAL NIGGA" card, but REAL NIGGAZ know what time it is wit MACKLEMORE...the OFF-BRAND / IMPOSTER niggaz will slide through and drop their POLITICALLY CORRECT opinions, BUT - that's why they ain't REAL NIKKAZ.

thank you deRaNged for setting the record straight and saying EXACTLY what other REAL NIGGAZ WORLDWIDE would say
:cheers:

---------- Post added 05-20-2012 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-19-2012 at 11:59 PM ----------

he's a fairly polarizing figure in seattle

you wanna know why???

BECAUSE HE'S OCCUPYING A REAL NIGGA'Z SPOT, MANE

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

it's just interesting where the fans are based

RIGHT...

the PROBLEM these days is that REAL NIGGAZ opinions are OUTNUMBERED compared to the IMPOSTER "real niggaz" AND the WHITE FAN BASE -

some real niggaz don't wanna speak on it because they're too busy gettin' money...but they still KNOW -

other real niggaz don't wanna speak on it because if they kick the REAL, that opinion might GET IN THE WAY of their money...but they still KNOW, too -

and that's the thing...

some of these white boys might be gettin' A LOT of "love" (SUPPORT, FINANCIAL BACKING, & PRESS / HYPE)...BUT - real niggaz KNOW -

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

JUST FOR THE RECORD -

whenever someone brings up the name MACKLEMORE - three words should pop in you mind right of the bat:

REAL NIGGAZ KNOW

with that being said, always remember - DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

AND there's other white rappers that my post refers to, too...it don't ONLY apply to Macklemore -

I tried to steer clear of white rappers, lol. Notice I gave MGK credit....for the record...can't do that shyt for Mac Miller, Riff Raff, and Yelawolf tho, lol. Mac Miller has a few cool songs tho.

MGK got something those other dudes are missing. i'm not saying he's the hottest, but he's got an authenticity to what he is that steers him clear of occupying "other's lanes". I don't wanna over agree with you, cause then I sound racist and that has nothing to do with authenticity or credibility. Hell, I feel like dude's like Fishbone got too much credit just cause they were black, they took groups like Sn@t's spot! Those Fishbone dude's didn't rock 4 shyt. lol. And f**k Sugar Ray for using that punk azz DJ to try to diversify. Dave Matthews and his punk azz sax player, violinist and drummer, how the f**k is that a "band"? He owe 3 Doors Down a f**kin check for stealing their full bred american white boy swag and urbanizing it! See, I can flip it to other genres and play the reverse race card. Read between the lines on that! :cheers:

Last edited:
I get his demographic, it's just an isolated demographic from what I've seen. Everyone from Pitbull to Canibus to Lil B to Paris Hilton(as a musician)have a fanbase...it's just interesting where the fans are based.

sall good, like i said, I'm not a huge fan of macklemore, I'm just saying he's not the wackest out there. as for f or deaf, you said he's occupying a "real n___'s spot" who deserves that spot? i don't think he's taking anything from anyone. once again, I would much rather listen to anyone from CLOUD NICE over macklemore I'm just saying i don't think he's as bad as what a lot of anti-macklemore people say... we're kinda all saying the same thing i guess just we're all saying it in a slightly different way... so i guess its agree to agree? I just respect what he's doing

Last edited:
what SPECIFICALLY did i say that was "racist"
^^^Nothing, but we on a site full o white folk, since you sent me the PM, I won't keep it "political".

We can't talk real hip hop up here without getting labeled. I avoid the discussions and labels. But you right. Mayonaise rap get's a pass before the overseeded watermelon(wayne/gucci/boosie/souljah)shyt on these boards. Neither should get a pass, but the mayonaise is worse. At least watermelon pop is self destructive versus mayonaise leach qualities. :cheers:

just the wrong forum, so I'm backing out the discussion. Someone's gonna call me out cause I'm a mod or and "FP vet" or something. I don't feel like dealing with it.

My rock analogy should let you know I'm a fan of all cultures and don't judge so my opinion on the corner where I was raised staying "hood' is irrelevant. To cut someone down only proves you'd have a further fall. We all human. :cheers:

Last edited:
i don't think he's taking anything from anyone

he didn't TAKE anything - he was GIVEN the spot.

but like i already said, RNK; so it doesn't even really matter.

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

I just respect what he's doing

i respect it too...i just know what time it is

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

we on a site full o white folk

SO WHAT

i'm in a city full of white folk, a state full of white folk, a country full of white folk...AND???

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

^^^Nothing

glad that we're clear on that

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Someone's gonna call me out cause I'm a mod or and "FP vet" or something

SO WHAT.

half the people on the internet are busters anyway, so who cares what they think?

either they are busters, wack, sell-outs, or losers...so who gives a FUKC?

i

i hope my answer lived up to your expectations, sir.

thank you for the inquiry
Great answer.
I actually have similar feelings towards the Macklemore/Asher Roth type of rapper.
I imagine the same people who like Macklemore are also the same people in love with Atmosphere/Eyedea/Sage Francis
that sort of crowd.

I imagine the same people who like Macklemore are also the same people in love with Atmosphere/Eyedea/Sage Francis
that sort of crowd.

etc., etc.

yup.

but like i said, RNK - once you know what time it is, you start to recognize what's CORNY and what's REAL.
that sort of crowd.

etc., etc.

yup.

but like i said, RNK - once you know what time it is, you start to recognize what's CORNY and what's REAL.

Back