Chief Keef Threatens To Smack Lupe Fiasco, Lupe Announces Retirement

Chicago, Illinois rapper Chief Keef has continued a strong day in the headlines. Earlier the rapper was believed to have laughed at the death of a Rap rival, Lil JoJo via Twitter. The Interscope Records artist tweeted this evening (September 5) that he will “smack” fellow Windy City artist, Lupe Fiasco. Keef also referred to Lu as “a hoe ass nigga” and “lil *****.”

Read Full Story Here >>> Chief Keef Threatens To Smack Lupe Fiasco, Lupe Announces Retirement

Lupe mentioned him first. What was Keef supposed to do?

Lupe has to understand that Hip Hop has changed. There probably won't be too many more studio diss records in the future.

Chris Brown and Drake are scrapping on sight.... RnB dudes... so Hip Hop is going to kick it up a notch.

Wow....and to think I had respect for Lupe. If he retires because he feels threatened by some 17 year old with Asperger's then dat n***a softer than I thought he already was.

Last edited:
Lupe ain't a gangsta so if he doesn't respond then it's really no big deal. No one should expect Lupe to do anything. Not sure why anyone would say he's soft.

Lupe ain't a gangsta so if he doesn't respond then it's really no big deal. No one should expect Lupe to do anything. Not sure why anyone would say he's soft.

I ain't saying he soft cause based on what he raps about, I love me some Lupe. But if a 30 year old MAN is scared into retirement by some 17 year old goon with dreads, that's weak man.....

I ain't saying he soft cause based on what he raps about, I love me some Lupe. But if a 30 year old MAN is scared into retirement by some 17 year old goon with dreads, that's weak man.....

I don't think he was scared into retirement, lol. Dude actually cared about trying to save Chicago. He says rappers like Keef should stop promoting violence, and Keef calls him a hoe ass ***** and he'll slap him. I think he just realized he can't change Chiraq. Chief Keef is not a rap beef dude. He's a real beef dude. Lupe retiring doesn't change anything. If Keef is really tryin to slap him on sight, he's gonna do it regardless of Lupe's career.

Last edited:
I don't think he was scared into retirement, lol. Dude actually cared about trying to save Chicago. He says rappers like Keef should stop promoting violence, and Keef calls him a hoe ass ***** and he'll slap him. I think he just realized he can't change Chiraq. Chief Keef is not a rap beef dude. He's a real beef dude. Lupe retiring doesn't change anything. If Keef is really tryin to slap him on sight, he's gonna do it regardless of Lupe's career.

He's should've realized from the start that he couldn't save Chicago by himself..... and one young ignorant rapper with some buzz threatens him and he want's to give up completely....talk about overreaction. I think he's forgetting that people always pay more attention to the negatives than the positives. Sure there are a crapload of youth that are beyond saving but who knows how many kids he's actually helped deter from that life

Last edited:
I would retire too if some ghetto ass bum kid is going to shoot me not worth it.Hip hop is so fake right now so if a real person actually gets in the game ******* are going to run watch.

If you seriously think Lupe is bowing over this ... Shame! Lupe has been saying that he was done with the industry for a while. Lupe wanted to move people into a positive space... Can't do that when in this industry...

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Never mind... Don't care enough to type the rest of my thought....

He's should've realized from the start that he couldn't save Chicago by himself..... and one young ignorant rapper with some buzz threatens him and he want's to give up completely....talk about overreaction. I think he's forgetting that people always pay more attention to the negatives than the positives. Sure there are a crapload of youth that are beyond saving but who knows how many kids he's actually helped deter from that life

I don't think you understand when I say he REALLY cared about Chicago.

I can't say for sure since I'm not Lupe, but it wouldn't make sense to retire because you were threatened. Keef didn't threaten to end his career, he said he was gonna slap him. Doesn't matter if Lupe records or not. Retiring doesn't make him any "safer".

Last edited:
Not picking sides but I think it goes like this... Lupe kept pushing the good boy image further and further and started mentioning names.... they take it as Oh He Think He better than us and that's that shit he don't like.

I don't think you understand when I say he REALLY cared about Chicago.

I can't say for sure since I'm not Lupe, but it wouldn't make sense to retire because you were threatened. Keef didn't threaten to end his career, he said he was gonna slap him. Doesn't matter if Lupe records or not. Retiring doesn't make him any "safer".

I can understand him being passionate but, logically speaking, retiring from your primary lane of influence upon the city that you broke down in tears for because a young thug caught some buzz and talked some sh!t back to you after you criticized him is.......silly. In this case his passion is seemingly counterproductive.

I can understand him being passionate but, logically speaking, retiring from your primary lane of influence upon the city that you broke down in tears for because a young thug caught some buzz and talked some sh!t back to you after you criticized him is.......silly. In this case his passion is seemingly counterproductive.

This is likely not the first time he has been cussed out/threatened by these type of dudes. After a while, you gotta say **** 'em. That's why so many rappers don't try to help their hood when they make it out. Lupe built his career on some conscious humanitarian tip and the people he tries to help threaten him? Really? Dude might have a cousin or somethin in a CK video. This is affecting people he knows. But I'm not gonna try to defend Lupe because I really don't know why he's choosing to retire.

You don't see Obama speaking on Chicago either. Mr. "Trayvon could've been my son" doesn't give a **** about the niggas where he worked. Nobody is really lookin out for the hood. The kids raise each other. Some make it to their 20s, where they raise the kids the same way they were raised.

This is likely not the first time he has been cussed out/threatened by these type of dudes. After a while, you gotta say **** 'em. That's why so many rappers don't try to help their hood when they make it out. Lupe built his career on some conscious humanitarian tip and the people he tries to help threaten him? Really? Dude might have a cousin or somethin in a CK video. This is affecting people he knows. But I'm not gonna try to defend Lupe because I really don't know why he's choosing to retire.

You don't see Obama speaking on Chicago either. Mr. "Trayvon could've been my son" doesn't give a **** about the niggas where he worked. Nobody is really lookin out for the hood. The kids raise each other. Some make it to their 20s, where they raise the kids the same way they were raised.

I get that, and I also can't speak like I've lived Lupe's personal experience either, but what amount of the population that he's trying to help is actually being hostile to him? A portion of people hate on your good intentions so the reaction that you feel makes the most sense is to give up on everybody? I'm sure it can be hella frustrating but he has to be helping somebody..... just because you're not making the revolutionary amount of positive change that you envisioned doesn't mean you're not having a positive impact on somebody. He's not quitting because of something like not having the finances to keep doing it, he's quitting because he doesn't feel like enough people are paying attention to his message. In a way it seems to be somewhat of a self-serving decision. Sure he doesn't owe anybody anything, but if he's gonna be shedding tears like that...........................

But that vid was a while ago, so I guess his feelings have changed

And I guess it's not like rap is or ever was the cure to these issues. I'm sure he'll still be around actively helping and donating and such either way

Last edited:
Lupe walks away = He lives.
Chief Keef keeps on doing what he's doing and sooner or later someone will end him.

Lupe 1
Chief 0
The End.

I've never really been a fan of Lupe's music actually can't name one song of his I like. He probably should retire.

Back