Best white hip hop producers??

Yes it is sad and no it doesn't help. Like the thread starter said he wasn't trying to start this in a malicious way.

I totally forgot about Scram Jones. Dude is a beast.

2/3rd of Justice League was good too lol

N/A on the muthaphuckin' beat...

Check the sig.

Oh I'd say Alc, still got Rae's Surgical Gloves on rotation.

No one mentions Rick Rubin?

Yeah, he's a boring freak and the stuff with Johnny Cash is so overrated it makes you want to puke, but his eighties stuff is quite good, and 99 Problems is an all-time classic.

My observation:

People need justification for what they do.

"How many producers are white?"
"How many Producers use FL Studio?"
"How many producers can play keys?'
"How many producers suck cranberry sauce out of their girl's bum?"

People need someone to be doing exactly what they are to assure them they have a chance. In reality, someone already doing exactly what you're doing means there's no place for you. You should start wondering what you bring to the table that isn't already there.

If the best you can come up with is skin color, do you even have anything distinctive about your process of music creation? That's right on the verge of "how many producers still wear fitted caps?"

Just an observation. :cheers:

jim jonsin, j.r. rotem... scott storch.. there some really good white producers on soundclick too. but its not about the color of your skin guy...

Doesn't everybody?
thumb.gif

I'm the best producer in pink socks, something red got in the wash but I'm manly enough to pull it off :cool:

Last edited:
My observation:

People need justification for what they do.

"How many producers are white?"
"How many Producers use FL Studio?"
"How many producers can play keys?'

People need someone to be doing exactly what they are to assure them they have a chance. In reality, someone already doing exactly what you're doing means there's no place for you. You should start wondering what you bring to the table that isn't already there.

If the best you can come up with is skin color, do you even have anything distinctive about your process of music creation? That's right on the verge of "how many producers still wear fitted caps?"

Just an observation. :cheers:

I agree. It's one thing to be working on something and try some new technique and be like "great scott! i wonder if anyone has stumbled upon this method of ___ before" and go look it up on the net but to feel the need to make a thread about white producer's is kind of lame.

No one mentions Rick Rubin?

Yeah, he's a boring freak and the stuff with Johnny Cash is so overrated it makes you want to puke, but his eighties stuff is quite good, and 99 Problems is an all-time classic.

it's because Rick is so much more than a producer, calling him a producer is almost an insult. it's like calling Micheal Jackson just a guy who sings.

rick's work with Cash is insane. Johnny Cash's Hurt is in my top 5 songs of all time.

just look at Rick's discography and prepare to be awed.

Alchemist
Jake One
M Phazes
Evidence
Sid Roams
Stoupe
Sebb
Scott Storch
JR ROTEM
Jim Jonsin
Eminem
Ant
Kno
Jaisu
Kelakovski

it's because Rick is so much more than a producer, calling him a producer is almost an insult. it's like calling Micheal Jackson just a guy who sings.

rick's work with Cash is insane. Johnny Cash's Hurt is in my top 5 songs of all time.

just look at Rick's discography and prepare to be awed.

I beg to differ.
Rick Rubin is just a producer and Micheal Jackson was a guy who sang and danced. They both did it pretty good, although I'm not very fond of neither.

What's the problem with saying he's just a producer? There's no shame in that. George Martin, Norman Whitfield, Richard 'Popcorn' Wylie, Mike Terry...
All of them were geniuses, ahead of the pack, true artists. And most of them were "just" producers.

Last edited:
i mean,

what about the best producers from mars?

i heard zork the garuka goes hard.................

Back