best place in cali

Richmond can be dangerous. Just know your surroundings. There'a a big turf war going on there and you can be shot for being from the opposing neighborhood. They'll pop you in broad daylight like it's nothing.

You're right about that. It's the hood. From a price standpoint it's the best bet though.

Richmond can be dangerous. Just know your surroundings. There'a a big turf war going on there and you can be shot for being from the opposing neighborhood. They'll pop you in broad daylight like it's nothing.

Shit, Life can be dangerous lol… If you aint in the iron triangle, you're fine.
Oakland is the spot to be, its on a major come up in all areas. If your savvy enough and put in some time you can find some great deals. I live in a 2 bedroom penthouse of a converted hotel for 1,000$ a month. Persistance and patience pays off.
If your shooting for industry work tho, you may wanna look into LA and surrounding areas, personal relationships will always carry you further career-wise..

Word I found a spot in la for a good price, now give me some advice on breaking into the scene from the bottom

Not bad..

Goals are good. Having clear goals is very important, but equal attention has to be paid to the action part.

It's best to set a goal and then the steps leading up to its achievement.

It's really important to cultivate the habits of success.

Yo bro,

I live in the south bay, in El Segundo. Im bordered by inglewood, hawthorne and torrance and you can get a studio for like 700 easy. not too bad of an area either. check it out.

Would Santa Barbara be good? I could just go to prison for dirt cheap rent

I'm from santa barbara and now live in san diego near the beach. prices are about the same - 700 for a small bedroom is the cheapest you'll find. about 1000 for an apt.

i find it hard to believe the bay area is as expensive as people are saying it is. santa barbara is home to celebrities with way better weather and beautiful beaches. bay area doesnt have good beaches, is dirtier and colder

i find it hard to believe the bay area is as expensive as people are saying it is. santa barbara is home to celebrities with way better weather and beautiful beaches. bay area doesnt have good beaches, is dirtier and colder

Part of the reason why the Bay is so expensive has to do with the companies on this list.
List of companies based in the San Francisco Bay Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And since California has the 8th largest economy in the world, you can't expect for things to be cheap and it's gonna cost some money to live out here, especially if you want to live in a nice spot.

LOL@" santa barbara is home to celebrities with way better weather and beautiful beaches."

Well it is, I live in Oakland and pay $2500 for a two bedroom spot with 1400 square feet. Yes it's new and nice etc but Oakland used to be reasonable but people have moved into the uptown/downtown area from San Francisco driving the rent up crazy here. West Oakland which used to scare the hell out of most people is now populated with hipsters. San Francisco, forget about it, prices are getting closer to Manhattan prices. $3000 for a 1 bedroom in most places. You have to move to the East Bay to afford it here now.

Part of the reason why the Bay is so expensive has to do with the companies on this list.
List of companies based in the San Francisco Bay Area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And since California has the 8th largest economy in the world, you can't expect for things to be cheap and it's gonna cost some money to live out here, especially if you want to live in a nice spot.

LOL@" santa barbara is home to celebrities with way better weather and beautiful beaches."

I just heard on the radio that there are 36 high rise buildings currently in construction in SF and they're all high rent condo's. Some people are protesting for more affordable housing. Manhattan is experiencing the same problem. The middle class is being squeezed out by the rich. It is what it is. I'm not really the protesting type so all I can do is work, manage my money wisely and constantly look for entrepreneurial opportunities. I'm not the first American to experience inflation and excessive housing costs.

Last edited:
Found a decent room for 625 in a quiet neighborhood, not trippin

You get what you pay for. You're gonna need a few yards of Teflon and Kevlar to cover the oustide of your gates or windows. Yeah,sometimes you can get lucky and avoid a greedy slumlord especially if you know the right peple.

Last edited:
Well it is, I live in Oakland and pay $2500 for a two bedroom spot with 1400 square feet. Yes it's new and nice etc but Oakland used to be reasonable but people have moved into the uptown/downtown area from San Francisco driving the rent up crazy here. West Oakland which used to scare the hell out of most people is now populated with hipsters. San Francisco, forget about it, prices are getting closer to Manhattan prices. $3000 for a 1 bedroom in most places. You have to move to the East Bay to afford it here now.

That area is overrated and overpriced. Walk a few blocs over and you have the infamous "San Pablo Avenue" I laugh at all the San Francisco transplants who dont even realize they're living in the hood. They see Lake Merritt and get fooled into thinking they're in a progressive yuppie part of town.Once that sun goes down" "WELCOME TO THE TOWN!"

That area is overrated and overpriced. Walk a few blocs over and you have the infamous "San Pablo Avenue" I laugh at all the San Francisco transplants who dont even realize they're living in the hood. They see Lake Merritt and get fooled into thinking they're in a progressive yuppie part of town.Once that sun goes down" "WELCOME TO THE TOWN!"

Oh they know they are in the hood. It's obviously the hood if you anywhere around san pablo from the 20's to the 40s., but hipsters think it's cool to "slum it". The move into these area's with their trust funds to look like they are one of the struggling artists down with the common person.

Oh they know they are in the hood. It's obviously the hood if you anywhere around san pablo from the 20's to the 40s., but hipsters think it's cool to "slum it". The move into these area's with their trust funds to look like they are one of the struggling artists down with the common person.

I cant hate on them then. I just dislike snobs. My girlfiend's nephew goes to Oakland Military Institute and I take him to and from school twice a week. I must say that those folks in the Uptown area really know how to party and was told that they revitalized the downtown area especially at night.

Back