best place in cali

iam2d

im moving, where is the best place in cali to go for the most opportunities to rap/ produce edm without spending 2k a month on rent?

thanks

Good luck with that. I'm in SF and 1 bedrooms are going for $2300 a month. Its Stupid expensive over here...
..Some girl on Craigslist was renting her couch (in her studio apt) for $1050.

Your best bet is to connect with some cats that are really doing something before you move to increase your chance of success.

Otherwise you might have a tough time.

I currently live in Berkeley, my girl lives in Hayward. I pay $1400.00 for a one bedroom apartment. Not too much better here either. All those San Francisco transplants are driving up rent in the East Bay. I hear gentrification is happening big time in Oakland.

Last edited:
Best option is to live with a couple people. I read a story about brad pitt moving out to cali and he lived in a 1 bedroom apartment with like 15 dudes...well I'm exaggerating but you get the point. Split the cost as much as possible by sharing it.

The more people in the more tiny place = the lower the cost

The less people in the bigger place = the higher the cost

thats crazy,,,

The Bay Area is expensive as hell. You pay for the unique lifestyle. Personally I think it's worth it. You just have to step your game up out here. It's ultra competitive. It's nothing to meet someone with two degrees in different fields. You have to constanly reinvent yourself to stay ahead. That's why there are so many start up companies in the Bay. Intelligent people visit then decide they want to live here.

Maybe you can try area like Pomona, Compton, Inglewood. lol. You will meet artists there.

The Bay Area is expensive as hell. You pay for the unique lifestyle. Personally I think it's worth it. You just have to step your game up out here. It's ultra competitive. It's nothing to meet someone with two degrees in different fields. You have to constanly reinvent yourself to stay ahead. That's why there are so many start up companies in the Bay. Intelligent people visit then decide they want to live here.

thats awesome,,,

Ok so how would I find some people first before being there? And I don't have I move to the bay lol I meant anywhere cali

craiglist
$1,400 for one bedroom apt.

that's a amazing house rental in Omaha,NE
4 to 5 bedrooms private fenced backyard
full basement in the "rich" area
location,location,location
I rather live down south in a warm area than Cali

-Coach Antonio

Last edited:
Good luck with that. I'm in SF and 1 bedrooms are going for $2300 a month. Its Stupid expensive over here...
..Some girl on Craigslist was renting her couch (in her studio apt) for $1050.

Your best bet is to connect with some cats that are really doing something before you move to increase your chance of success.

Otherwise you might have a tough time.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNN!
Rent here for a 1 bedroom studio is $475 to $600 depending on where you at and how fancy you wanna get with it. $2300?!

craiglist
$1,400 for one bedroom apt.

that's a amazing house rental in Omaha,NE
4 to 5 bedrooms private fenced backyard
full basement in the "rich" area
location,location,location
I rather live down south in a warm area than Cali

-Coach Antonio

I'm from Dallas, Texas. Country life is not for me. My parents own a few homes in Texas. I could have stayed there rent free, saved my money to buy a few rental properties and lived like a king. I went to college in the Bay Area and was attracted to the excitement and diversity you'll never see in the south. Most of my friends in Dallas are married and overweight with a few kids and no none is older than twenty six. They do nothing but work and barbecue. My boy Earl went from being a 6"2" 195lb major league baseball pitching prospect to a 350lb delivery driver with health problems. My parents told me that I'll be broke living out here but like I told them, I'll probably move back in 15 years or so when I'm content with the slow pace and bigotry of the south. Until then, I'm gonna enjoy life to the fullest. Out here, I can raise my son and still enjoy life without throwing in the towel yet. One of my boys from Texas visited me out here and said "I see why you didnt get married". They're programmed to settle down prematurely because there's nothing else to do. I'm sure those landlords in those southern rural areas would like to charge their tenants a grip too. They cant because the supply/demand is different out there. I know people from Mississippi out here who say Mississippi's dirt cheap but I wouldnt move there either just because of the cheap rent.Plus in the Bay, I aint got to call another man "Sir".

Last edited:
I'm only familiar with Bay Area prices. Richmond is gonna be the cheapest. Oakland is going up and SF is for hipsters spending their parents money.

$1850/month for 279 sq. ft. wtf. For comparison, a 2 car garage is about 400 sq. ft.

Micro-apartment developments on rise in S.F. - SFGate

Richmond can be dangerous. Just know your surroundings. There'a a big turf war going on there and you can be shot for being from the opposing neighborhood. They'll pop you in broad daylight like it's nothing.

Back