Beats by Dre for producing good?

The Beats by Dr Dre are definitely a no go for producing. They are equed in a couple of frequencys. And honestly they doesn t sound good and are to expensive. You can get better headphones which are even way cheaper. For Producing i would take the AKG K702 (which cost about 250) or Zomo HD-1200 (cost about 70). I have both, i like the AKG because of its clear sound and big 360 degrees sound. The Zomo has a very nice sound with a lot of pressure. I am producing House & Hip Hop so i need sometimes a little bit more Pressure on the Sounds to have fun while producing. I always switch between the Zomo & AKG to get the perfect sound and its a good variety for your ears. Also i use the Zomo on the road and for djing. Great headphone!

the bass is wayyyy to overpowering! even though i love it an love my pair of solo hd's (which i bought for the reason of mixing & making beats) there not good for mixing. thats why i just bought a pair Audio Technica ATH-M50WH's. An There Pretty Legit Too :D.

Last edited:
When mixing in a noisy club. I love that feeling when the track that is playing on your monitors fuses cleanly into the sound coming from your headphones and you know its gonna sound great.

headphones just arent recommended for mixing. but the more reputable brands are sennheiser and bose. but honestly, i got my yamaha hs80m (yes the 8 inch cones) for $460 BRAND NEW SHIPPED. if ur willing to spend 300 on headphones, save up for another 2 weeks n get some good monitors

If you must use headphones, there are technologies such as VRM to make it more natural sounding. Give google a search for Sapphire Pro 24 VRM!

Monitors over Beats By Dre Anyday. I got a pair for my Birthday & was so upset when i heard the quality.
I returned them & got a pair of Sony MDR-XB300. Their bass heavy but are a 1000x better in my opinion.

okay so i guess i wont be geting beats lol...not that i can afford that right now anyway....i use turtle beach p11's...they good for producing or djing?

I heard nothing but bad things in terms of producing using beats by dre, they are a headphone for an everyday listener. I use the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro | 64 Ohm, these headphones are excellent and let you hear every little detail.

Beats By Dr.DRE HEADPHONES is good for listening, not for mixing or mastering...headphones are bass boosted

Back