Beats by Dre for producing good?

IN10SIVE BEATS

Are Beats By Dre Headphones good for producing ?
I have them Solo HD headphones and just wanted some opinions if they are good enough for a perfect sound?

To make beats, theyre okay but if youre planning on mixing on them youre better off finding something else as they were not designed for that.

Im using them just for making beats yet.. I work with fl studio 9 and a keyboard..
What are better headphones for producing? Or are monitors the best ?

I don't buy it. I have used it before. The sound quality is quite good. If you want to buy one. I suggest you go to beatsbydrehub.com beats by dre.
FP is not for selling your sh*t dawg.. For you info, Beats by dre are the most overrated headphones out there..They cost 300$+ but they worth 100$. They have way too much bass if you are planning on making beats with them, it's going to sound terrible.

Im using them just for making beats yet.. I work with fl studio 9 and a keyboard..
What are better headphones for producing? Or are monitors the best ?

Beats by Dre boost frequencies so thats not good for producing/mixing. You want headphones that produce the clearest sound possible with no boosted frequencies. I would recommend the ath m50 by Audio Technica that work very well and are half the price of beats. Monitors are great as well, and I believe the headphones and monitors combo is great to have. If you can only get one though then choosing monitors may be the better choice. I use the Rokit 5" G2 by KRK.

ive just bought some beats .. they are awesome headphones!! .. give alot of depth to your songs but are not at all usefull when making music or mixing .. but for playback and fine tuning they are awesome!!

There's seriously so many better options out there.. just do a simple google search, this has been discussed. "Best headsets for producing," etc. I mean I bet some hardcore gaming headphones are better than Beats by Dre.

haha.

Last edited:
I use my Beats Tour ear buds to check a mix after ive rendered it. I think they sound really great.

But i do not use them for the mixing process.

They are REALLY good for reference for the simple fact that so many people have them and you will know exactly how your mix sounds when someone is listening to it on Beats headphones but should never be used as your main headphones or main reference

Monitors. Never use headphones for mixing, especially beats by dre. No offense, but they are no different than any other headphones, you just bought the brand thats was influenced by all the marketing. You can still try & sell em around tho. Just tryna help dawg

I have yet to hear on expert say anything positive about Beats by Dr Dre. That must be testament to their quality.

Headphones should only be used as a reference source. You should always mix on a good set of monitors. However good monitors in a poorly treated room acoustically are useless as well. Invest in monitors and proper acoustic treatment materials. The monitors + the room make the mix.

Back