Akai MPK49 WTF?

I would like put one of those MK49s to the test. I use Traxx Pad , whichs sort of an MPC for the PSP, but I want to step it a bit with my loops I do.

Last edited:
Just bought an MPK49 online from Audiomidi.com for $400.
I'll write a review when I get it.
I just wish it had an automap for Logic.

MPK 49 looks good for software users that want a keyboard and mpc pads.

I doubt the hardware industry will ever fall, but there is stiff competition between software and hardware developers, in my opinion, due to prices of products. It's a lot easier to make a MIDI keyboard than to make an all in one unit (triton, motif, etc...). I assume many up and coming producers will tend to lean towards software rather than hardware due to the price difference of the two.

Thats my 2 cents :D

JUKE179r I'm gonna look out for that review!

Krazy

^yea not to mention u can DOWNLOAD hacked software......so all these "new jack BEATMAKERS" are spoiled as hell from sounds to software they get free so when they think HARDWARE they not tryna spend more then 200 IF THAT on there craft..I know kids who say "F IT i can make that with my comp and mouse" lol our day and age we got MICKEY MOUSE MUSICIANS....I feel sorry for our future lol SERIOUSLY

Thats why software is still so questionable even though its capabilitie, Anyone whoseva used real gear tho can tell u the differences off the bat, music is the kinda at that the artists gets what they pay for, Altho combinating and endless algorythems Patches on software tend to be much more complex out the box and more pleasant to listen to than say on your lower end gear, Old synths groove moduals, racks etc... But the quality and fidelity on the gear end will always be much higher than computers, Not to mention the programming that goes into making things compatible and cross compatible with hardware software pc and musical hardware end, The amount of work that goes into software these day is just the same if not more because of just that. You'll never acheive fully mastered,recorded,writen song etc 100%pc that can match across the board what todays synths bring to the table. Especially multi timbral and khaos and karma etc... Software is essential in the record mix master but w/o hardware its remote chance of making it sound.... accurate.... Altho u pretty well need soft synth stuff tho to go with any gear now for samps patches etc... you cant do w/o the hardware. the problem is anyone who touches say fl studio considers themselve producers... they just makin beats.. but many major names use fl and oft synth its a good way to get into makin beats if u like or intereste but yeah... its just hard finding consistent production syle from seasoned beatmakers to the enthusiest.. Altho mind you.. Ive seen some funny sh.. in my time... People with an insane amounts of high end gear only drop 1 -2 tracks every few months that dont compare to an avid user with just an mpc or groovebox... Knowing the gear you use and have .

I'm lookin into get one or the M Audio 25. I forgot i posted allready on this lol.

Last edited:
Back