A Producers-Union?

and as far as the union, best bet would be locally, to get together the top producers and get them to agree, but you'll always have the biters who will take away the incentive to pay more for the best

having a floor price is ok but it has to be more to the equation so that its validated because the price in itself is not the validation.

of course, i agree with you 100% percent a price floor is simply a start, a catalyst, a step in the right direction in my oppinion, and we should keep talking and debating it. As for what constitutes a serious artist, your right it is somewhat merky, but all im saying is if their was a market place where their was a price floor and the cream of the crop rose to the top, that would be benificial to producers. Theres room for both the "beat basement" types in the market place and a serious industry market place wich is what i think there trying to do with "beatpal.com"

less than a week ago I was in the studio where the engineer was asked to remake a beat that the artist didn't have exclusive rights to (maybe leased but most likely they caught it on a free download day) and he also had a CD full of beats from another artist that wanted the same thing done, and I've seen it happen before, the game is all ****ed up ... complaining alone doesn't change thick headed people's minds, but I can't keep quiet, **** is insane, I'm gonna make my moves, but when somebody brings it up there gonna get an earful

lol I just read the email JTroup repasted, that's bitchassness to do that, but ignoring that, it doesn't look good to ask for him to legitimize your hustle and then ride on him that hard, and it co-signs the influence factor at the least, I don't think many people will dispute that, and when you market towards aspiring producers, that's beneficial to your goal

and as hard as I try to get my point across, you can imagine that I don't like to let people just do whatever over my music, I'm definitely in there actually producing, but that doesn't mean the job of the person that is just a programmer/composer has to go away, and people should be paying more to have a hook etc., if you buy a whole song, you should paying for the songwriter & the composer even if that's the same person, it'll be easier to go to the jack-of-all-trades and they'll often get more business, but that's not the problem, the problem would be, the jack-of-all-trade having to do all that for less than just a composer because people got it twisted ... that's enough for tonight tho, and prob this thread in general

If you haven't figured it out by now, close your internet browser and open up FL Studio.

It amazes me that people can't wrap their head around this.

I don't use "FL Studio"....slight hardware purist:cool:

Back on topic...

I can "wrap my head around" the fact that this thread is going nowhere. People on need to realize something that all of these business/marketing threads have in common:

If anyone is smart enough to come up with a strategy to diversify themselves from their competition, they'd be smart enough to not share that tactic with FP and its lurkers.

Last edited:
LOL @ the email...its been awhile since anyone has been EXPOZED on FP.

Last edited:
The only way to add value to your brand is to sell the benefits of what you do in contrast to what the rest of the market isn't doing. Just because Joe The Producer is whoring his product for .99 and making record profit by his standards, doesn't mean you have to do the same as well. I am starting to see less producers and more commissioned salesmen profiting off copy and paste products. That is where you build your brand's value. Sell a service and a product. There are millions of aspiring singers who would love to work with someone whom is willing to guide them in the studio. Leasing a beat online for .99 is a great bargain but finding a great producer, studio time and sound direction based on your budget is an even better bargain.

Focusing on the full solution from start to finish will drive the value of your brand (production) upward. Be a producer.

Last edited:
The only way to add value to your brand is to sell the benefits of what you do in contrast to what the rest of the market isn't doing. Just because Joe The Producer is whoring his product for .99 and making record profit by his standards, doesn't mean you have to do the same as well. I am starting to see less producers and more commissioned salesmen profiting off copy and paste products. That is where you build your brand's value. Sell a service and a product. There are millions of aspiring singers who would love to work with someone whom is willing to guide them in the studio. Leasing a beat online for .99 is a great bargain but finding a great producer, studio time and sound direction based on your budget is an even better bargain.

Focusing on the full solution from start to finish will drive the value of your brand (production) upward. Be a producer.

I applaud this post all day! :cheers:

a producer's union will not work.

First of all, if you had a union of PROFESSIONAL producers, then that would be one thing...

Like electricians...or auto workers...u have people TRAINED in a certain profession...working in a certain industry...

But with "production", you're talking about having an organization, who's only requirement for entry is that they have an internet connection, so they can DL a copy of fruity loops.

It's like organizing a Screen Actors Guild, with every "model" and "actress" on myspace.

It'll never work. You're never gonna get organization on that type of scale...because you're dealing with KIDS...who can't even enter into a legal contract without their parents consent.

Sorry, but a producers union among people who really aren't even producers is just silly.

most valid points made right here.

2 things must happen for a union to function.

1. like SAG, you must meet requirements to even join
2. they companies that employ have to follow the rules and guidleines set by the union and companies.

-so you would need requirements to be met to enter
-and labels (indy and major) would have would have to sit down with the union to agree on rules guidleines/ permissions

and OP, you were talking about 2 different things in your original post, producers and beatmakers, however they can be one in the same,

but it takes alot for a union to function

I still lease beats for over $50 so Im good. I could care less what the other man sells his beats for. As long as I get what Im asking for, thats all that matters.

And Im gonna go out on a limb and say beatpal is WHP's site that he mentioned in the email?

And to Troup,
posting that email was genius lol

I still lease beats for over $50 so Im good. I could care less what the other man sells his beats for. As long as I get what Im asking for, thats all that matters.

And Im gonna go out on a limb and say beatpal is WHP's site that he mentioned in the email?

And to Troup,
posting that email was genius lol

yeh i agree what u said. aslong as ur good... whos cares bout the rest lol.

by they way i think its clear whp is beatpal.com
check https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310620

i did my own detective work lol
good job troup :cheers: that email reveals the truth

Last edited by a moderator:
this is all vybes fault

if we can get vybe to change his prices and stop offering free downloads everything would be better

If we could act maturely for a second...

To clear the air, WHP is NOT Beatpal.com/Infinite Sound, he is only one of the producers we have offered a partnership with. Because he has established himself at a few places on the internet (ie. Futureproducers, Soundclick, etc) we asked that he do his part in helping us promote our new site. Obviously it was a misstep by WHP trusting J-Troup, a known egotistical sociopath who's only goal is to start controversy, with information pertinent to our business - this will be settled between our company and WHP.

I hope that I can continue to post here and become an active member in this community. Sure, this was a blunder for our company, but everyone makes mistakes - and I'm sure once you get to know the rest of our team and what our business truly entails, you'll want to stick around and find out what Beatpal.com has to offer.

Cheers

Mike
Infinite Sound Media Solutions

Obviously it was a misstep by WHP trusting J-Troup, a known egotistical sociopath who's only goal is to start controversy, with information pertinent to our business - this will be settled between our company and WHP...

Cheers

Mike
Infinite Sound Media Solutions

How would you know me, "MIKE", Mr. 2 posts?? HMMMMM?????

You're clearly WHP, cuz you're still catching feelings.

You continue to EXPOZE yourself.

Keep attempting to diss me, and I'll post the rest of your emails you sent me...

Last edited:
Back