9th Wonder’s '10 Track Commandments' for Music Producers

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most respected sample based/hip hop producer in the game, I definitely appreciate the knowledge here and I will use these information to apply to my own techniques and grow as a producer/artist.

"# 8. Always make beats with a MC in mind. Ask yourself, "Does this sound like Busta joint or a Nas joint?" That’s the best way to build up your catalogue."

I'm fully feelin number 8, every producer has their favourite MC. And thers no thing better to guide ur style of beats than to imagine creating for a certain style of mc.

I see the #10 waaay too much, lol. But a lot of people follow their inspiration and their first few cater to their style before they find their own unique style.

i have no idea why anyone would try to put rules in music. lol I've worked with grammy award winning writers and producers as a engineer and the one thing they love about me is that i never follow what the rule is. i just do my best to execute the job and get the song where it needs to be no matter what. money will handle the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back