2chains should be half yall hero

thats even worse, the fact that we went solo and dropped a solo album that flopped. White people that bought Crazy single didnt know Cee-Lo was Gnarls Barkley, they thought it was a new entitiy. Most of them thought he was a new artist

plus TIty Boi had been yelling Two Chainz forever, even back in the Playaz Circle Days, Cee-Lo Green wasnt talking about Gnarls Barkley till he linked up with Dangermouse

Good enough, but CeeLo had experienced success with Goodie. I know you're not gonna compare Cee-Lo's status in Goodie with Two Chainz standing with Luda or whoever. White folk may have thought he was Gnarls, but he's still Cee-Lo and the last album he dropped was a Cee-Lo joint. Ya he became more eccentric and I'm sure that helped with the masses, but he was Cee-Lo. Finally, Cee-Lo actually has talent. Top notch lyrical flow with a soulful church voice. Two Chainz, oh well. I ain't hating.

I personally don't listen to 2chains/tit boi, his rap style is boring. That's just me. Just downladed Dj quik- Quik is da game from dat piff. Listening to that West Koast grooves.

Good enough, but CeeLo had experienced success with Goodie. I know you're not gonna compare Cee-Lo's status in Goodie with Two Chainz standing with Luda or whoever. White folk may have thought he was Gnarls, but he's still Cee-Lo and the last album he dropped was a Cee-Lo joint. Ya he became more eccentric and I'm sure that helped with the masses, but he was Cee-Lo. Finally, Cee-Lo actually has talent. Top notch lyrical flow with a soulful church voice. Two Chainz, oh well. I ain't hating.

what im comparing is Cee-Lo Green's success with Goodie MOb to his success Post Gnarls Barkley. He reinvented himself, Cee-Los album pre-Gnarls Barkley sounded nothing like the one he just put out now. And Just like White Folks may think 2 Chainz is a new artist, hes still putting out the same music he had when he was in Playaz Circle

im not comparing their artistry or their talent levels. But what im saying is sometimes a name change/image change can do a lot for you. Look at what it did for Katy Perry she was a damn CHristian Country singer.. and nobody knew who she was when she was Katy Hudson.. changed her name to Perry and started doing pop music.

2 Chainz is the truth right now...
Him and Mike Will make some dope ass songs

dude no, production quality is good, but beats and lyrics are GARBAGE, it has no feeling what so ever, i imagine all these beats being made in chinese labors and the boss is on top yelling down: the lecipe for the next beat, take techno dlums, 2bal loop guitals, loud nosey synthesizels and.... and they put these beats on cd's and send them to american hip-hop artist and the chinese dude rubbin his hands ''yees yees stupid amelican man, muhahaha''

go listen to chronic, 2001, every beat has a feel, it wakes emotion within you, sadness, anger, joy, hope, freedom

when i listen to 2chainz all i hear is: hickky titty oh kidney over some bullsh-t electro loop, stop giving that shit passes, we as the consumers killed hip-hop, stop blaming it on the rappers yall, ain't lil waynes fault, ain't soulja boys fault, YOU buy the shit, you give it clicks on youtube, you talk about it, all you do in regard to it is money for them, we all killed hip-hop, it went from real gangsters on g beats throwing real bars to secretly gay morons who can't get a job and then turn to rap, and they pretty much close the market for normal cats who just wanna be able to do music

how is "having connections" helped 2 chainz. Ludacris isnt even popular anymore and you dont see any 2 Chainz ft. Luda records, His last hit was with Wayne and havent seen any 2 Chainz and wayne joints.

having connections doesnt mean shit if you dont have the music to match, if it meant much all the artists that Jay-Z and Dr. Dre signed wouldve been multi-platinum stars. 2 Chainz is the truth and just shows that if you have patience your time will come, thats all hes saying. Think what you want about the music but the persistence is whats impressive and it was all done ON HIS OWN, with no piggybacking

BINGO
so far drew and troup the only guys who got it.

people on here making excuses for why they can't make it because the existence of a 2chainz goes against there argument of why they can't make it.

"2chainz blowin up"
but the illuminatti!!!!"
"but 2chainz blowin up at 35"
he was in players circle
"nobody is counting that, his career is just now taking off"
but he has connections!!!
"but it JUST NOW worked"

12 years to blow u serious Dawwgg ? U gotta be doin shit not right if it takes u 12 years ?? Either ur music be whack or us business def not correct no matter how good u are ...
I completely disagree with this notion ...takin 10-12 years .... 2 chainz been doin his thing for years and Luda 100000% helped him to get where he be now no doubt about that ... maybe not anymore but Luda laid the foundation ...

Luda 10000% helped? Really? Then why hasn't 2Chainz had a solo song up until recently? Why wasn't he a more prominent staple on Luda's albums?

Sure the DTP/Luda connection helped. But Luda kept them in the background, as "the crew"....just like every other crew in hip hop.

Luda wasn't really trying to push them out front, cuz he was too busy making sure he stayed hot.

Ask I-20 and Shawna. Where's 4-Eyez?

It wasn't until Titi Boi went and DID HIS OWN THING (while still under contract though) with Playaz Circle, and hit the mixtape scene hard that he became hot.

If he was sitting around waiting for Luda to open up the doors for him, he'd still be sitting around waiting...like he was all that time.

So again...just because you toured with someone and because you had a verse on the Posse Cut of each album, doesn't mean you're ON. That's what folks don't understand.

So it took him 10-12 years to break through.

dis thread is hilarious. I saw his rise to fame happen 1st hand and yes he formed alot of connects, made great moves but his success came from pure hard work. We were in the studio EVERYDAY. if u not willin to work hard EVERYDAY then you not goin to be able 2 compete out here.

dis thread is hilarious. I saw his rise to fame happen 1st hand and yes he formed alot of connects, made great moves but his success came from pure hard work. We were in the studio EVERYDAY. if u not willin to work hard EVERYDAY then you not goin to be able 2 compete out here.

Exactly. He stayed grinding, and stayed putting in the work, over years and years and years and years. He never gave up. And eventually his number was called.

rick ross is a year older than 2 chainz and he's the hottest out, imo

Rick-Ross-performance2.jpg

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Average lyrics+good ear for beats+ good song making/catchy
hook abilities= winning mainstream wise

this is very true sir

Last edited:
2 Chainz is the the garbage nigguh's excuse to stay in the game. Im crushing all this bullshit right now. Don't look up to 2Chainzand say "yes! There's hope! He's living proof!" To hell with that.

If you rap or make garbage quality product like 2 Chainz, YOU aint gonna make it. If you think you can make half ass music and get a free ticket to fame after a decade, think again. You're only fooling yourself. Some people just get lucky, shit happens. You're more likely to get where you want to be by putting out quality work. Its just that simple.

2 Chainz is the the garbage nigguh's excuse to stay in the game. Im crushing all this bullshit right now. Don't look up to 2Chainzand say "yes! There's hope! He's living proof!" To hell with that.

If you rap or make garbage quality product like 2 Chainz, YOU aint gonna make it. If you think you can make half ass music and get a free ticket to fame after a decade, think again. You're only fooling yourself. Some people just get lucky, shit happens. You're more likely to get where you want to be by putting out quality work. Its just that simple.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

The game isn't about talent. It's about HARD WORK.

If you don't understand that, then don't quit your day job.

i dont get what makes 2 Chainz trash, maybe because im open minded and like what i like.

if somebody is making the best music to their ability then what makes them trash. Not every basketball player is jordan. Not every rapper is rakim. He selling out shows and has people in the audience singing along with every word. So they like his trash. Theres something out here for everybody, never understood why people are so strong and venomous with their opinions

if you have a fanbase of people you cant be that "trash". Opinons have to be based on facts, fact of the matter is 2Chainz has a big fanbase, he has support of people who folks would consider "dope" (Kanye, Jadakiss, Raekwon). he sells out his shows, and has for awhile, and people like listening to him. No need to run around and call people trash all day, especially if youre sitting on the sidelines arm-chair A & Ring

Niggas too busy analyzing and assessing the rappers that they dont even listen to the music
Its the people that think theyre "saving" hip hop by trying to stop every non-90s type rapper thats actually "killing" hip hop
Listen to his music...he makes good ass songs

Back