2chains should be half yall hero

alright then, because i will not buy something that is only based around beats and puts no effort in lyricism. if you can't rap for 2 shits will not listen to you

Last edited:
2chainz lives in Atlanta, the means he lives in music hub. He sees music people face to face. Every show that comes through there he can network backstage. He's not sending out emails to Twitter dead email dumps.

I thought his running buddy was T.I.

You've hearing it for years, it's all about relationships. I saw a vid of 2chainz, Snoop, Drake and Nicki before anybody even knew who Drake and Nicki were. 2chainz (that wasn't his name then) was more known than both of them.

It's almost like being Memphis Bleek.

No hate on him but he has the right "circumstances"... most people on the internet... just have the internet, Soundclick and Twitter.

You're not going to have face to face time, fun in a club and seeing opportunities unfold right in your studio.

Grind hard, dream big.... be realistic. Look at all the factors, not just what you see.

There's probably a dude on a street ball court that's better than Lebron.

... didn't want everything to be so one sided. You will have better odds in a music hub. You will have better odds if you have famous connections. You will have better odds if you run your own studio. You will have better odds if Wayne, T.I., Snoop, Drake, Nicki... know you.

zzzzhhhh.... regularly scheduled program.

Last edited:
I actually don't really care for this 2Chainz incarnation of him.

I liked him when he was Tity Boi, and had a few verses on Luda's album.

He had that Crunchy Black appeal to me.

I think the name 2 chainz is more marketable that titi boi. Plus he yells 2 chhaaaaaiiinzz before every verse so you already know what it is kinda like ross having the maybach music tag on a lot of his verses. As soon as he changed his name is when he started blowing up.

Also, I think if you saw everybody else you know "ridin' round and gittin' it" that would put a little more fire under a person to make them keep up with their peers. Plus they would be privy to how things actually work because they'd be learning from people that have already done it.

How many people do you know that do music? off of the internet.

Mr. Chainz had a lot of "advantages" over the average joe.

^^^ Can't use that as an excuse... but it's the truth.

Last edited:
2Chainz

He is been around so he had time to build connections through the industry. His skills are average.

He is been around so he had time to build connections through the industry. His skills are average.

.... but when people say his skills are average. They forget about all of the average rappers throughout Hip Hop history.

Nice and Smooth
Biz Markie
Soulja Boy
Gucci

etc...

Andrew hit it on the head... give an average rapper a good beat with a good hook... people won't separate the parts. They'll just let it ride.

Average lyrics+good ear for beats+ good song making/catchy
hook abilities= winning mainstream wise

Last edited:
^^^ Polair You just gave me a reason to post this:

I think Jay was in his mid-20s when Reasonable Doubt dropped. Jay-Z - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dude around 3:20 was getting with the dance moves lol

Music Business Professional Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve​

Remember what I said about taking 10-12 years to break through???

Perfect example.

12 years to blow u serious Dawwgg ? U gotta be doin shit not right if it takes u 12 years ?? Either ur music be whack or us business def not correct no matter how good u are ...
I completely disagree with this notion ...takin 10-12 years .... 2 chainz been doin his thing for years and Luda 100000% helped him to get where he be now no doubt about that ... maybe not anymore but Luda laid the foundation ...

12 years to blow u serious Dawwgg ? U gotta be doin shit not right if it takes u 12 years ?? Either ur music be whack or us business def not correct no matter how good u are ...
I completely disagree with this notion ...takin 10-12 years .... 2 chainz been doin his thing for years and Luda 100000% helped him to get where he be now no doubt about that ... maybe not anymore but Luda laid the foundation ...

you just kinda proved troup's point. I do say that 10-12 is a little long. I think with the advent of internet it's been reduced to around 5-6 years

This man is 35 years old and coming up, all yall cats who felt like maybe your too old to do this, you just won!

Two Chainz aka Tity Boy is a lame... any rapper who has to change their name to get out of someone else's (Ludacris) shadow deserves no respect... dude is ass

I get yo pt Drew, but bad example. Titty boi/Two chains whatever never reach the status of Goodie, and I think Cee-loo was just trying to get back in the game with some buzz. I think he actually dropped a solo album, which wasn't bad, before the Gnarls Barkley. Plus he never changed his name.

I checked it he did solo 2002, gnarls 2006. Bass Head Jazz was my shit off the solo joint.

Last edited:
I get yo pt Drew, but bad example. Titty boi/Two chains whatever never reach the status of Goodie, and I think Cee-loo was just trying to get back in the game with some buzz. I think he actually dropped a solo album, which wasn't bad, before the Gnarls Barkley. Plus he never changed his name.

thats even worse, the fact that we went solo and dropped a solo album that flopped. White people that bought Crazy single didnt know Cee-Lo was Gnarls Barkley, they thought it was a new entitiy. Most of them thought he was a new artist

plus TIty Boi had been yelling Two Chainz forever, even back in the Playaz Circle Days, Cee-Lo Green wasnt talking about Gnarls Barkley till he linked up with Dangermouse

Last edited:
Krispty Kreme tore that beat DOWN!

.... wow, lol

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Nas changed his name... more than once.

Back