Need some advice- The Protege- original feedback4feedback

Nice work on the synth and drumming style. Feeling like the kick could use more presence further up the EQ range... seems heavy really low down but my headphones aren't picking up much. Also try messing around with a delay setting on your treble. I've been finding it adds a sort of water/liquid flow to the track.

just to give my 2c on it,

i agree with what everyones saying on the kick, it could use some more depth and presence.
Also I feel like this would be a good beat to have some trappy 16th hi hats with some switchups going as the beat progresses. (maybe for the last verse?)

great job with the strings tho, it really ties it together.

good looking out on all the feedback...im def gonna take yalls advice.

This beat was hella dope bro, kept me entertained throughout and it had smooth transitions, the only part i could really critique would be the piano, i felt it didnt blend well when it came in, maybe its the mix i dont know, but i feel the beat would have been fine without the piano, but nevertheless this was dope af

i like this wont beat a dead horse but i used to have the same issues, where the synthline and piano, and all that sounded great, but when the instruments had a slight pause or something, it would sound dead. try some high hats, cymbals, crashes, and kick to help with that. I hope I could be of some help!

By the way Kudos on being active on our other posters links.
Check me out:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ld-summer-just-dropped-leave-feedback-411071/

Yea that why i added the strings to try and get rid of some dead air...man im struggling to find a decent vst for basslines...been eqing shitty stock ones all night with no luck. Thanks for the feedbck so far

I really like the mix and builds on this. the acoustic sounds layered on top of the electro synth works well, and the percussion is knocking hard. nice work and thanks for your suggestions on my track.

This is Dope though... the strings and the piano add a really cool dynamic...

the Bass i feel is just not mixed right with the rest... its clashing too much. the Kick is fine though. nice work

Back