The City - Jazzy Hip Hop Beat - (ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED!)

Sabelo93

Hey I just created a new beat today and I was wondering what I should do to improve it.

I know I whould have to master it but any feedback whould be greatly apprichiated. Dunno if the mix is right cuz im not that good of a mixer and im always on headphones not monitors :/

its all mostly looped like after the first 30 seconds so u dont have to listen to the ntire thing, if u dont wanna.

All feedback returned 100% just post links.

Peace :)

Last edited:
Nice intro man backsin in works well! I think the drums sound pretty dope as is sounds a bit messy and nice. Love the ride cymbals as well nice touch.

thanks 4 the feedback :) ye maybe at some parts the piano is a little bit louder and in some parts its not that loud. Ima have to try to fix that I guess :)

Haha, your beats are really nice bro! Well done I've just started to follow you on soundcloud :) Common vocal sampled in the beat is dope as hell! The whole sounding of a beat is great too if you ask me, maybe something to change with the drums, but I'm sure you do work on them a bit so hmm. The mix is good and that's all 8/10 the least for that beat (first one in the thread) ;)

Ye I'll probably mix it a little bit more at some point :) just small adjustments didnt really do 2 much mixing yet.

Really cool! My opinion - and it is ONLY an opinion - is keep working on it as a complete track. There is potential with what you've got down for some variation in what the keys do and the break can be chopped up as much as you see fit. This could really have a "song" structure, and the nice loose feel to the drums gives it an organic feel. If you're from Sweden check out the recordings of the magnificent and much missed Esbjorn Svensson Trio and take inspiration! But whatever you do,keep on doin' it.:)

https://soundcloud.com/fnyk/clyde
https://soundcloud.com/fnyk/little-colossus-sketch

Mate this is f***ing excellent. It's right in line with a lot of music I listen to and a lot can be said for how well your track worked, in my opinion.

Interesting sounds and that little vocal snippet got me interested and then just enough lazyness going down with a wide enough stereo field and a great selection of samples. You've been really thoughtful in how you've got the velocity changing with the kick and snares which i really like.
I do agree that there's a couple of your drum hits that to me sound slightly out from where I'd naturally hear them sitting in that beat but I can't quite put my finger on what.
Maybe the odd little drop and change it up every here and there to keep some other people listening who might not usually dig the jazz vibe hiphop stuff? Maybe have one small change coming in every 8 bars.
All the instruments sound strong in it including your drums and everything so I'm sure even something as simple as just letting the beat play for a bit would even be a great option.

Common Chi-City and Esbjorn Svensson is it?

My track's in my signature if you get a minute to check it but as food for though I dunno if you've heard 'Alone Together' by Falside and 'Creatures' by Suff Daddy but they both had something in them that I hear in what you do. your feedback would be appreciated on my signature track though! B

this is actually really good mate! fantastic work on the beat match for the piano sample! you should try work on transitions and changing up that sample in place? even just cut it up and make it sorta skip in places to add pauses to the melody and itll mix things up a fair amount, you could go ANYWHERE with that sample, and even trying to change your beat patterns in places and you've got it made!! ****ing awesome concept on this one man, keep at it!! I wanna hear the finished product when it comes please!!

Thanks yeehhh the acapella is common chi-city but I didnt sample Esbjörn Svensson trio :P never sample them. BenTunnicliffe your bass cover on Act Too was dope :p gotta love bass covers on hip hop tracks. ye I heard suff daddy but never heard falside b4 that guy was dope thanks for showing :p

Ima try to take in consideration what errbody said and improve it as much as possible thanks. :)

This is nice. Has a chill, jazzy, hip hop vibe to it which I dig. I don't really see anything wrong besides a little work on the mix. Besides that, I'm diggin' this, overall it's real nice.
Would appreciate some FEEDBACK

Back