Whos the next great rapper?

T

Triple A-B

What up ppl I've been wondering lately and I wanna know who yall think is gonna be the next great rapper... I mean now that Jiggas gone it seems like theres a void in hip hop. IMO there are only two rappers that could be the next greats. T.I. and (haters brace yourselves)... 50 cent. I say T.I because he has great storytelling skills and Trap muzik was another classic after I'm serious, but since he's locked up for 3 years we won't be hearing from him for a minute. Now the reason I said 50 is because he, like T.I., also has great storytelling skills and most of his more recent sh!t is wack compared to his earlier material. So if 50 goes back to his earlier style and drops the pop image he could be great again. Who do yall think is the next great rapper?

lloyd banks if 50 can give him some personality

jae millz is tight too!

And as long as theres Nas there won't be a void.

Last edited:
The next great rapper?

Caushun. He's fab!!!

Serously though, even when Jay-Z was around there was a void in hip hop, simply because everytime a succesful induvidual emerges in hip hop, like 10 new artists appear trying duplicate that persons style and success.

Last edited:
youngbuck!!! :D

just kidding. eventhough he's my favorite he's not really a grat rapper. hmmm. i'll prolly leave that to Nas. he's nice on the mic.

There hasnt been a void in rap, maybe a void on TRL or those other pop-culture shows. :rolleyes: Jay brought alot to the game, but like someone else mentioned, as long as there are Nas's, Jada's, Bank's around then there will never be a void in Rap.

kontak80 said:
There hasnt been a void in rap, maybe a void on TRL or those other pop-culture shows. :rolleyes: Jay brought alot to the game, but like someone else mentioned, as long as there are Nas's, Jada's, Bank's around then there will never be a void in Rap.

But it's shyt like TRL and pop culture shows which have grown to dominate hip hop. You telling me that you think raps as good as it used to be?

Triple A-B said:
Who is this?

i think 50 will have a long career unless he gets popped(again), but he might not be thought of as a great rapper.. he's very entertaining and all, but his lyrical content is quite much only "gangsta", and to be greatest, you really have to get more personal and talk about other stuff too. he did say the next album would include that kinda stuff...we'll see.

He's a rapper from the south, Atlanta to be exact, with crazy skills.

i heard while back this song by Mad Skills, whatever happened to him? the song i heard was Mad funny, and it sounded like he had some skills.

i dont think anybody has what it takes now to get that biggie/tupac/jay status thats in the game right now. there's a lotta talented people, but they either arent popular or showing any progression in skill...and thats not gonna make em great. i'd love for it to be somebody like jadakiss, but if he hasnt done it by now, he probably never will. same goes for nas, TI, etc.

it'll probably be some new guy aint nobody heard of yet

DS said:
it'll probably be some new guy aint nobody heard of yet

Yeah, I think it will be some artists who just emerges out of nowhere and grabs the rap game by the short and curlies.

YoungHove said:

But it's shyt like TRL and pop culture shows which have grown to dominate hip hop. You telling me that you think raps as good as it used to be?

Correction, TRL may have domination over Main Stream Rap Music, but they dont dominate HipHop. HipHop is a lifestyle, a way of talking, an attitude, a sense of "self" to some. They are affiliated with one another, seeing that rap is a major part of HipHop culture, but not the same. To answer your question, yes and no. Rap is going through transistion phase right now(redefining itself). Just like rap has done numerous times in the 20+ years since its creation. For someone to rely on BET and MTV to bring them and feed them what they believe is to be "the best" then that person has been wrongfully misled. TRL, and such, barely scratch the surface.

Last edited:
Back