Which producers are best on the piano keys?

jadillac1181

-Damon Thomas of the Underdogs
-B. Cox is obvious
-Brian McKnight

I've always wondered how good R. Kelly is at playing the keys....he's never done a straight piano ballad. Maybe that "Soldier Heart" song was one though, I cant remember. I'm sure he's great though.

I'm really judging this based on videos I have seen as proof

who else?

jadillac1181 said:
-Damon Thomas of the Underdogs
-B. Cox is obvious
-Brian McKnight

I've always wondered how good R. Kelly is at playing the keys....he's never done a straight piano ballad. Maybe that "Soldier Heart" song was one though, I cant remember. I'm sure he's great though.

I'm really judging this based on videos I have seen as proof

who else?

I am gonna have to co-sign with ya jadillac1181....Those guys are ALL beasts on the keys but dont forget Rodney jerkins and andre & Vidal (jill scott,floetry,etc..):monkey:

I don't know about storch since I never really heard him "play" keys but somebody who is definatly ILL on the keys is D'Angelo!!! Go listen to Brown Sugar!

Yeah Collipark is a beast with his index and pointer fingers..l m going to have to say B.Cox Mario Winans and Alicia Keys

DaleBlock said:
JR Rotem, and why isn't Dr. Dre up their

I've nver seen Dr Dre running through scales at 100mph, or playing some full composition. Not saying he can't, but I've just never seen it which is what I was going by when I made this thread.

However, if you have a video, I’d love to see it.

jadillac1181 said:
I've nver seen Dr Dre running through scales at 100mph, or playing some full composition. Not saying he can't, but I've just never seen it which is what I was going by when I made this thread.

However, if you have a video, I’d love to see it.
thank you !

i heard mannie got talent on the keys... will we ever hear?... thats what I wanna hear a mannie fresh rnb track

UPPER_CUTT said:
haha..good one

alot of producers got musicians ..like pollow da don

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis
Babyface
Brian Mcknight
B. Cox
Storch
Mario Winans
John Legend
Alicia Keys