IK Multimedia T-RackS 3 Deluxe vs.

fataltone

Holy Lamb Media & Ent.
IK Multimedia T-RackS 3 Deluxe adding the Black 76 Limiting Amplifier/White 2A Leveling Amplifier/CSR Classik Studio Reverb
which is about $500.00
IK Multimedia T-RackS 3 Deluxe | Sweetwater.com
Vintage Tube Compressor/Limiter model 670 (based on the Fairchild 670)
Vintage Tube Program Equalizer (based on the Pultec EQP-1A)
Opto compressor (based on the finest mastering Opto-compressor)
Intelligent, multi-algorithm Brickwall limiter
High precision, high definition Linear Phase Equalizer
Classic T-RackS Compressor
Classic T-RackS Multi-band Limiter
Classic T-RackS Clipper
Classic T-RackS Equalizer

(I know there's a deal going on now but I'm not going to be able to take advantage of it.)

vs.
Softube Studio Collection $800.00
Softube Studio Collection | Sweetwater.com
12 plug-ins
TSAR-1 Reverb
TSAR-1R - Reverb
Spring Reverb
Tube Delay
Trident A-Range
Tonelux Tilt
Tonelux Tilt Live
Active Equalizer
Passive Equalizer
Focusing Equalizer
Valley People Dyna-mite
FET Compressor

the IK Multimedia plug-ins remind me of UAD-2 plug-ins(great emulations) without the need for the SHARC Cards and much cheaper I'm leaning their way

but I keep hearing how amazing Softube plug-ins are

I need opinions from owners

I'll be using these plug-ins for mixing contemporary christian music and instrumentals in general

cost is not a factor as I'll be writing the expense off with taxes

HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | HOLY LAMB MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT | INTERVIEWS
One free hour of training/consulting click on the banner in the sig.
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve

I like t racks bc it looks just like the real thing and they sound pretty close too... have never used soft tubes but I can say you wont go wrong with t racks!!! Its really cool for mastering and mixing alike. If the new additions are the selling point CLA makes some damn good plug ins too his 1176 sound good and they're not expensive either!!!

Cant go wrong w/ either.

T-Racks has a amazing sound... and Softube is on the unbelievable side of things to me lol

Both 'awesome' and 'unbelievable' are pretty damn good adjectives.

I love T Racks. I use it on everything. You also missed out on an awesome deal they had last month for the entire bundle plus 2 of their singles for $200. The T Racks bundle is older and still 32 bit but I think its still a great collection personally. I use it on pretty much everything these days. Also keep in mind the Softtube stuff is more diverse. T Racks is mostly compressors and EQs and a few limiters. They sound great but the Softtube stuff is more diverse for what you get. I wouldn't trade T Racks for much of anything though

I love T Racks. I use it on everything. You also missed out on an awesome deal they had last month for the entire bundle plus 2 of their singles for $200. The T Racks bundle is older and still 32 bit but I think its still a great collection personally. I use it on pretty much everything these days. Also keep in mind the Softtube stuff is more diverse. T Racks is mostly compressors and EQs and a few limiters. They sound great but the Softtube stuff is more diverse for what you get. I wouldn't trade T Racks for much of anything though

yeah I know I missed the deal and I like the IK stuff because of the emulations
I hope they do go 64bit soon in the next 6-8 months when my purchase is planned

but the plugins from softube are much,more diverse

I wish the guy that works for IK would stop by the thread I'm sure he will tomorrow it is late lol....

Oh hello! :D

T-Racks is already fully 64 bit. We've been slowly bringing each and every product line to full 64 bit goodness.

T-Racks is a great package for shaping your mixes into sonic beauty. They changed how I was mixing and are a better tool set in my opinion than anything out there for the price and WAY beyond.

The only 2 products that aren't 64 bit are CSR and SampleTank, both of which are currently in development here at IK. :)

Any other questions?

I couldn't get the 64 bit version working in Sonar. It just doesn't appear at all as a 64 bit plug in but the 32 bit versions work just fine for me.

Personally, I would go with the T-Racks. The Softtube thing is kind of a catch-all and a lot of that stuff can be easily replaced by other plugs (in particular, stock plugs and freeware plugs). T-Racks on the other hand is a good variety of compressors that are all killer and EQs which are also great. You can get yoru delays and what-not from other stuff.

@ Xabition: contact customer support. I had a goofy installation problem moving Sampletank to a new computer and sent in a tech support request. Sent the request in at 2:09pm and got a response at 2:11pm TWO FREAKIN' MINUTES LATER! That's freakin' customer service for ya!

Personally, I would go with the T-Racks. The Softtube thing is kind of a catch-all and a lot of that stuff can be easily replaced by other plugs (in particular, stock plugs and freeware plugs). T-Racks on the other hand is a good variety of compressors that are all killer and EQs which are also great. You can get yoru delays and what-not from other stuff.

@ Xabition: contact customer support. I had a goofy installation problem moving Sampletank to a new computer and sent in a tech support request. Sent the request in at 2:09pm and got a response at 2:11pm TWO FREAKIN' MINUTES LATER! That's freakin' customer service for ya!

that is awesome what difference will it make to run my fx in 64 bit vs 32 though? if 64 bit addresses ram useage and fx are a cpu thing is there something I am missing?

Oh hello! :D

T-Racks is already fully 64 bit. We've been slowly bringing each and every product line to full 64 bit goodness.

T-Racks is a great package for shaping your mixes into sonic beauty. They changed how I was mixing and are a better tool set in my opinion than anything out there for the price and WAY beyond.

The only 2 products that aren't 64 bit are CSR and SampleTank, both of which are currently in development here at IK. :)

Any other questions?

Thanks Obi....good info. I did not know that T-Racks was 64 bit either. I too missed the $200 special you guys had a little while back, but I think knowing they are 64 bit and judging by all that I have read and heard....I won't miss the next special thats for sure. I would love to have the white and the black plugins for sure too. Those are currently at the top of my want list.

BTW - the videos you did for SXSW were dope! It is always good to do a little work and have some fun time too I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is awesome what difference will it make to run my fx in 64 bit vs 32 though? if 64 bit addresses ram useage and fx are a cpu thing is there something I am missing?

I think I heard you saying you run Amplitube. If you do... 64bit will def help b/c Amplitube actually takes up a decent chunk of RAM to run. Other than that you're right... the CPU and audio driver handle everything else.

I couldn't get the 64 bit version working in Sonar. It just doesn't appear at all as a 64 bit plug in but the 32 bit versions work just fine for me.

Is it 64 bit Sonar? If you can't get them and want 64 bit hit our support and PM me the ticket number. I'll be sure you get top priority with the support manager.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Thanks Obi....good info. I did not know that T-Racks was 64 bit either. I too missed the $200 special you guys had a little while back, but I think knowing they are 64 bit and judging by all that I have read and heard....I won't miss the next special thats for sure. I would love to have the white and the black plugins for sure too. Those are currently at the top of my want list.

BTW - the videos you did for SXSW were dope! It is always good to do a little work and have some fun time too I'm sure.

Thanks for the kind words on both T-Racks and my SXSW vids! Honestly I still have 6-8 more vids to up load of live performances still. I'll try to finish that later this weekend. Been too busy working to finish them!

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I think I heard you saying you run Amplitube. If you do... 64bit will def help b/c Amplitube actually takes up a decent chunk of RAM to run. Other than that you're right... the CPU and audio driver handle everything else.

Not as much since the 3.7.1 update with over 30% less CPU and RAM use. Its the lightest AmpliTube we have released and packed with more Gear Models than we ever have before, plus we have some BIG BIG BIG surprises this year for that and a few of our other products that have been mentioned in this thread.

PM sent and I am running 64 bit Sonar yes

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

They hit me back in like 10 minutes I realized I installed T Racks to my 32 bit folder I reinstalled into my 64 bit and everything is great now. Thanks Obi

T-Racks for the win...can't wait to grab up that bundle with the black & white and the CSRverb
I was dead-set on UADplugs but I don't want to pay for overprice SHARC cards

I just hope T-Racks continues to make more plugs similar to the UAD-2 plugins

when I grab what I mentioned above with Komplete 8 I'll be done for a long,long time

Tough call really. I actually consider the Softube stuff UAD plugs without hardware. And I'm still not a HUGE fan of T-Racks 3.5 I do LOVE LOVE LOVE the Black76 and White2A.

I actually own the Softube Studio Bundle and the T-Racks stuff. They both are amazing. It's a toss up. They sound different. The Black76 is more what a generic 1176 sounds like but is very accurate. The FET Compressor is more real life-ish but in a very specific way. If I could only have one it would be the Black76 because it fits more situations.

So my advice since I have both is just buy what you need. So let me clear things up a bit by telling you what I don't like from each bundle.

Passive Active Equalizer bundle. I hated these from Softube, they sound so temperamental. I couldn't dial in what I needed. Also I don't like different sounding plugins that look the same. Confusing to use.

IK Gold devices. I used these almost 10 years ago and didn't like them. Distorted sounding IMO.

IK Linear Phase Eq. I have much better sounding eq's IMO. Also most of the time I prefer minimum phase eq's.

IK Limiter. Again I have a better sounding one IMO. I rather use Massey L2007 or Sonnox Limiter.

Softube Tonetilt. Too specific. It's sounds good but I never need it.

Softube A-Range. Great emulation when you need it. Is not a one stop eq at all though.

Softube T-SAR. Decent reverb. Money is better spent on Lexicon LXP though. Greatest reverb ever IMO. Sonnox verb is amazing also.

Softube allows build your own bundle. Buy the Tube-Tech stuff and get Black76 and White2A. Add Lexicon if you need great reverb.

Here is my list of desert island plugins

Reverb: Lexicon LXP
Tracking Compressors: White2A, Black76, Tube-Tech CL-1b
Enhancing Eq: Maag EQ4 (Probably the best sounding track eq I've ever heard)
Surgical Eq: Massenburg MDW Eq (Very accurate)
Buss Eq: Tube-Tech PE-1C (or for bass)
Buss Compession: Duenede Native SSL G (I still don't own but love)
Limiter: Massey L2007 (mild limiting)
Delay: Massey Tape Delay (oh, so analog)
Tape Emulation: Reel Tape Saturation

Honestly you might wanna check out the Don't Crack Plug and Mix bundle. Only $299, over 40 high quality plugins and updates for life.

Last edited:
Any other questions?

(compatibility-wise) wussup with T-Racks 3 Deluxe and Presonus Studio One Professional ver. 2 (x64)???

T-Racks 3 doesn't work running as a plug-in in S02 Pro - T-Racks CRASHES my D.A.W. every time i launch it as a plug-in.

(compatibility-wise) wussup with T-Racks 3 Deluxe and Presonus Studio One Professional ver. 2 (x64)???

T-Racks 3 doesn't work running as a plug-in in S02 Pro - T-Racks CRASHES my D.A.W. every time i launch it as a plug-in.

I hope they work well with Cubase 6

If your having problems please contact our support for 1 on 1 help with your set up. We have TONS of IK employees that run Cubase as their main DAW and I know IK Brian (he's on these boards too) uses Studio one 2 too.

I read somewhere on the Presonus boards that other people were having trouble. I think the solution had something to do w/ installing T Racks 3 into the correct x64 folder?

Try reinstalling into the X64 programs vst folder n see if that helps.

Back