J.Troup's opinion on BlazeTrak...

By your definition hip hop is founded on biting aka Sampling.

TRUE...BUT it all comes down to the ratio of "MAJORITY" ORIGINAL / "MAJORITY" BITE and "MAJORITY" BITE / "MAJORITY" ORIGINAL...

if you have a "tight" ear, it'll be somewhat easy for you to immediately recognize the difference whenever you hear "new" music.

the more music that one has listened to in the past, the more you can identify REPEATS of previous works...

peace -

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Kanye West admitted he was influenced by other samplers but he was still creative enough to make his own lane with it

exactly...the RATIO, just in other words...

...and not just make his own "lane" w/ it...but his own SOUND.

everything in the game just about been done already

EXACTLY...and that is the PRECISE POINT where the manifestation of NEW music comes from..."PHOENIX" MUSIC if you will...a new "angle", risen from the ASHES of the "done already-ness"...

who or what is original?

good question...

the "catch" is that since each and everyone of us are INDIVIDUALS, we all have a different perception / understanding of what we see / hear as ORIGINAL.

EVERYTHING is original that you don't consider to be a BITE...dig it?

hundreds of artists are on each spectrum of the continuum...and for each of us, that pool of artists VARIES.

my point?

RECOGNIZE / IDENTIFY biters, and RECOGNIZE / IDENTIFY non-biters...

THAT is where we start. THAT is where we will collectively demand music to change...and it will; as soon as we "snap out" of the "MATRIX" SOUND FIELD that we have all been bombarded w/.

the thing is F or Deafs music sounds just like that dude Chauncey/ Bout Bizness or whatever his name was he used to come with like 40 different accounts on here

and they had the same views on this "originality vs biting" shit

the music was just loud, un-organized noise tho

Last edited:
the thing is F or Deafs music sounds just like that dude Chauncey/ Bout Bizness or whatever his name was he used to come with like 40 different accounts on here

and they had the same views on this "originality vs biting" shit

the music was just loud, un-organized noise tho

ad ho·mi·nem

–adjective 1. appealing to one's prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one's intellect or reason.

2. attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.

ad ho·mi·nem

–adjective 1. appealing to one's prejudices, emotions, or special interests rather than to one's intellect or reason.

2. attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.

yes all that.
the fact still remains, you're not as original as you think you are

you are not a gate keeper of hip hop, and on the grand scale of things.. you really have no say.. u cant even make an influence on what you are trying to preach.

fact

EXACTLY...and that is the PRECISE POINT where the manifestation of NEW music comes from..."PHOENIX" MUSIC if you will...a new "angle", risen from the ASHES of the "done already-ness"...

Could I hear some of your ground breaking music? I'd really like to hear this awesome music so I CAN BITE IT! Sorry just couldn't resist.. lol

But serious you are talking about things that scope behind just the realm of music. You are talking about a Psychological- Social-Economical shit... As musicians trying to become successful we have to get our foot in the door by tapping into what appeals. Once you are on top though then maybe you can start trying to change the face of music.

Honestly I'd really like to hear your completely original music that has not other source but your own.

Last edited:
yes all that.
the fact still remains, you're not as original as you think you are

you are not a gate keeper of hip hop, and on the grand scale of things.. you really have no say.. u cant even make an influence on what you are trying to preach.

fact

lakers_gif.gif

Could I hear some of your ground breaking music? I'd really like to hear this awesome music so I CAN BITE IT!

my job is to try to bring this "spirit" about in others...

EACH ONE OF US WILL HAVE OUR OWN "SOUND"...HAS OUR OWN SOUND...

BUT, the SMOKE & MIRRORS / FANTASY of being a "part" of the "game" / being a "somebody" PREVENTS us from even REALLY being US...

see, YOU are THEM (not you specifically, sir).

whatever THEY want you to be, YOU WILL BE...because they DICTATE what the "requirements" are...you play by THEIR rules...not by your OWN...

what i'm trying to say is that as artists / producers, we have to be more AWARE of what we are striving to be a part of...this is not a "black & white" scenario...in other words, THE "GAME" IS "SET UP" FOR PEOPLE TO ALL "SUBSCRIBE" to the "IDEA" that has already been created / established...

we want to PROFIT FROM RE-REINFORCING the "idea"...

that's what people are doing when they BITE and buy into the bullshit...REINFORCE what has already been REINFORCED by the people that we aspire to be.

THIS is what ultimately happens when you DO NOT exhume the sound that is TRULY within your conscious / sub-conscious mind.

money actually stifles your ESSENCE...your sonic footprint...your own personal frequency.

BUT, the SMOKE & MIRRORS / FANTASY of being a "part" of the "game" / being a "somebody" PREVENTS us from even REALLY being US...

whatever THEY want you to be, YOU WILL BE...because they DICTATE what the "requirements" are...you play by THEIR rules...not by your OWN...

what i'm trying to say is that as artists / producers, we have to be more AWARE of what we are striving to be a part of...this is not a "black & white" scenario...in other words, THE "GAME" IS "SET UP" FOR PEOPLE TO ALL "SUBSCRIBE" to the "IDEA" that has already been created / established...

that's what people are doing when they BITE and buy into the bullshit...REINFORCE what has already been REINFORCED by the people that we aspire to be.

THIS is what ultimately happens when you DO NOT exhume the sound that is TRULY within your conscious / sub-conscious mind.

money actually stifles your ESSENCE...your sonic footprint...your own personal frequency.
:confused:

If you would actually post music that can back up your philosiphies all you do is rant I dont even think your a producer honestly I think your

a great lawyer though as much time as you put into rants you'll make a fuccin amazing jonny cochran

Last edited:
I don't really think a lot of things in music are original, just different interpretations of various elements. I had the good fortune of dealing with a lot of music of the past growing up, and had people to ask questions about it, and each question lead to another group/person/idea further in the past...If we didn't have bitters as you put it, then there would be only one person performing each sub genre of music. If that sub-genre existed as most sub genres(hip hop/rap, punk, grunge, metal ,new wave, electro, techno, ect.. ) all needed people to all do that "new" interpretation of music at a point in time to make it recognizable. I really go by history on all things like this... which came first -- who was inspired(bite) by who, and then what they did with that... long tree..lots of branches that's how I view it. With your standards there isn't much that is not bitting.

But what if I like the way the "copied" music I make sounds? Isn't that enough? Because I think a lot of people look at me like I am a "sellout" based on the type of music I make, but I genuinely love pop music, to me there's nothing like a well produced pop song.

Just because its DIFFERENT, or because its MY OWN, doesn't mean I will neccesarily like the way it sounds.

Popular music is popularfor a reason - there's something about the way it sounds that appeals to a lot of people. No matter what the labels impose on people, people wouldn't buy it and make it 'popular' if there wasn't something about it that appealed to the soul. So you can't say that its a complete construction, there is substance to the music.

Innovativeness / uniqueness does not equate to an appeal to the human ear. I'd rather have people listen to something I made and appreciate it.

Last edited:
Back